HOW RIDICULOUS IS THIS? (TOYOTA UDON THANI)

General Udon Thani topics only!
glalt
udonmap.com

Re: HOW RIDICULOUS IS THIS? (TOYOTA UDON THANI)

Post by glalt » October 13, 2019, 11:19 am

My wife bought a new Ford Eco Sport. I knew Ford had some transmission problems in the past. After driving her Ford, I was impressed at how smooth the automatic transmission shifted. A few days ago the dealer told her she had to bring the car in and leave it for three days. Apparently they had a recall and were replacing transmissions or at least doing major rebuilds. She didn't want to take it in but I told her that Ford certainly wouldn't do that major job unless they had to. I told her that if the transmission had a problem after the warranty is up, she would have to pay for it. The car is at the dealers as I write this.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 14, 2019, 8:08 am

Hoopoe wrote:
October 13, 2019, 2:06 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 12, 2019, 9:38 am
Now i think 3 Toyota dealers in Udon.. i used to always use the main Tarn rd branch but more recently changed over to.the smaller place opposite Big Cnear the sakorn Nakorn flyover trafiic intersection .
Always had great service with Toyota

Dm.
DM see my reply on this thread , my belief is they are parts changers ,changing parts until the problem goes away , with no come back on the parts they replaced that didn't solve the problem
Yes thats a good point .. i never really thought about it that way as only ever had servicing done ... not specific repairs to parts etc ...suppose actual repairs will be carried out at a private garage etc

My point waa also ref the service iwhen servicing i received at toyota has always been good

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 14, 2019, 8:56 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 14, 2019, 8:08 am
Hoopoe wrote:
October 13, 2019, 2:06 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 12, 2019, 9:38 am
Now i think 3 Toyota dealers in Udon.. i used to always use the main Tarn rd branch but more recently changed over to.the smaller place opposite Big Cnear the sakorn Nakorn flyover trafiic intersection .
Always had great service with Toyota

Dm.
DM see my reply on this thread , my belief is they are parts changers ,changing parts until the problem goes away , with no come back on the parts they replaced that didn't solve the problem
Yes thats a good point .. i never really thought about it that way as only ever had servicing done ... not specific repairs to parts etc ...suppose actual repairs will be carried out at a private garage etc

My point waa also ref the service iwhen servicing i received at toyota has always been good

Dm

When we arrived in Udon in 1996, our American neighbor told me not to buy a Toyota truck because they used cheap recycled steel for body parts. A Brit friend told me to mark my oil filter with a white out pen when taking my truck to the dealer for service, as he had 'caught' them red handed not changing the oil filter during an oil change.

23 years and four trucks on, I've never left the dealer (Military Rd or across from Toolpro) feeling like I was cheated. Although the dealer on Military Rd never failed me, the newer dealer near Toolpro is, IMO, significantly better in customer service and timeliness.

On the subject of repairs, I've seen some battered Toyotas in the back garage (across from Toolpro). Bad parts removed, new parts ordered, painted, and all put back together again. I don't know if the other dealers handle the same sort of repairs.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » October 14, 2019, 9:08 am

glalt wrote:
October 13, 2019, 11:19 am
My wife bought a new Ford Eco Sport. I knew Ford had some transmission problems in the past. After driving her Ford, I was impressed at how smooth the automatic transmission shifted. A few days ago the dealer told her she had to bring the car in and leave it for three days. Apparently they had a recall and were replacing transmissions or at least doing major rebuilds. She didn't want to take it in but I told her that Ford certainly wouldn't do that major job unless they had to. I told her that if the transmission had a problem after the warranty is up, she would have to pay for it. The car is at the dealers as I write this.
Glalt,my Ford had the transmission problem and I have had it replaced once already free of charge at the dealer on the road out of Udon to Khon Kaen near the PTT, they also gave me a 10yr guarantee to replace it free of charge .Sorry for thread now back to Toyota :D

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 14, 2019, 9:15 am

not toyota udon ...but ridiculous too...
broken door handle car my sister in law ...
IMG_20191007_172651[1] (Copy).jpg
first looked on the net to have an idea of the price ...
went to the car cemetery passed thaiwatsa/railroad ,was told by the boss (loaded with golden chains around neck) 980B
as this was ridiculous , i stopped at the dealership , new one 695B...
and last stopped at the car body repair shop .....1.100 baht... :shock:
not wanting to waist anymore time went back to my first search ,
internet and ordered with lazada 192 baht incl.send (45 baht) ;)

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » October 28, 2019, 11:55 am

I had my Toyota Altis serviced at the Toyota Dealer today across from Tool Pro at the recommendation of Forum Members. Excellent Customer Service. They will wash your car if you want. I met the Owner and her Son. If you book your appointment in advance you get a 10% discount. Here is their number. 042215555

Regards

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 28, 2019, 1:01 pm

colt1911 wrote:
October 28, 2019, 11:55 am
I had my Toyota Altis serviced at the Toyota Dealer today across from Tool Pro at the recommendation of Forum Members. Excellent Customer Service. They will wash your car if you want. I met the Owner and her Son. If you book your appointment in advance you get a 10% discount. Here is their number. 042215555

Regards
I believe the owner's son is named "Beer"....went to school in Boston. Speaks street English.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 28, 2019, 6:31 pm

Chuchi wrote:
October 14, 2019, 9:08 am
glalt wrote:
October 13, 2019, 11:19 am
Glalt,my Ford had the transmission problem and I have had it replaced once already free of charge at the dealer on the road out of Udon to Khon Kaen near the PTT, they also gave me a 10yr guarantee to replace it free of charge .Sorry for thread now back to Toyota :D
The wife's car was finished as promised. I took her to pick it up. When we got back home I asked her if everything was OK. She told me it is OK but that it was OK before she took it in too.

I had paid for the service package when I bought it because my wife lets the dealers take advantage of her by telling her the vehicle needs something extra like injector cleaner or things like that. They serviced the car while they had it and put in a new set of spark plugs. I asked her how much they charged her for that and was surprised that it cost her nothing.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 28, 2019, 8:58 pm

parrot wrote:
October 28, 2019, 1:01 pm
I believe the owner's son is named "Beer"....went to school in Boston. Speaks street English.
sort of like a thai mark wahlberg . that is ridiculous . i'd go there just to hear him speak :shock: forget service

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 31, 2019, 5:44 pm

Last week my wife took her car to the toyota dealer by the army hospital for a service . been ok every time but this time the cigarette lighter did not work . I think just the fuse so the dash cam does not work . The fuse is not in the engine but in some panel under the glove compartment . she asked them to check the fuse on the service they said , no can do . Have to take it to an outside garage . Cannot change a fuse on a service !!!!! Should be part of the service to check all works > Not happy will phone them tomorrow

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 31, 2019, 7:37 pm

I have an old Toyota that I keep at my Jomtien condo. The thermostat was sticking so I took it to a Jomtien Toyota dealer. Because of the language barrier, I opened the hood and showed the service manager where it was. His answer was NO HAVE. I thought that was quite pathetic. I drove south of Jomtien on highway 3 and found a garage. I think it is called Autoboy. The guy said no problem. After about an hour he told me that my radiator was clogged up and needed replaced. He did speak some English and I told him that if it was a problem with the radiator, the engine would NOT get hot then cool back off. I told him to just put in a new thermostat. He didn't have to even remove the hose, just take out two bolts and replace the thermostat. He then told me that they had to go buy the part. Four more hours and it was finished. My bill was 4,600 baht. The lazy mechanic not only replaced the housing on the block but also the thermostat cover. He said the old one was corroded too much. A wire brush would have easily cleaned it up. I should left when he wanted to sell me a new radiator.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » November 5, 2019, 8:37 am

I hi , i want to start taking my car to the toyota dealer by toolpro instead of the wing23 one where i bought the car , first to get them to change the cigarette lighter fuse which wing23 said they could not do but for all future servicing .It is also closer as i live on the nong khai road .
I am puzzled as i do not have the book with the service record . I told my wife to ask for it before but she was told it is kept at the dealers so i have no record of the servicing . Is this normal as in uk i had a small book with the service record in it?Is it ok to just change dealers for servicing ?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 5, 2019, 10:30 am

I think you will find all Toyota service records are held on computer at the dealers .
Any dealer in Thailand should be able to bring up the service details of your car with the right chassic number .
Thats the theory , whether it actually works ive no idea . Ive used them all in Udon , and to me , they havent a clue.
\To me its just another scam to get you to use the main dealers .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 5, 2019, 12:50 pm

dragonz wrote:
November 5, 2019, 8:37 am
I hi , i want to start taking my car to the toyota dealer by toolpro instead of the wing23 one where i bought the car , first to get them to change the cigarette lighter fuse which wing23 said they could not do but for all future servicing .It is also closer as i live on the nong khai road .
I am puzzled as i do not have the book with the service record . I told my wife to ask for it before but she was told it is kept at the dealers so i have no record of the servicing . Is this normal as in uk i had a small book with the service record in it?Is it ok to just change dealers for servicing ?
When you go to the Toolpro Toyota dealer, ask to speak with Beer (that's his nickname). He went to school in Boston. Every time I go to the dealer for service, I get a detailed receipt. I don't have a maintenance book with my 2018 Revo.....I think maintenance books went the way of green ledgers and carbon paper. I have detailed receipts from all my Toyota maintenance work, though.
Before we bought our Revo in 2018, I took our 2008 Vigo (that we bought near Wing 23) to Toolpro Toyota for service. It's been a few years since we did that, but as I recall there were no issues with them performing the service.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 17, 2022, 3:51 pm

Funny thing about taking a vehicle to service here and back in the US. Back there, it's grit your teeth and wait for the bill. Here, it's almost a pleasure........50km service on our Revo yesterday (by appointment). They said 'one hour' and one hour 10 minutes it was.......coffee, cold water, a couple of snacks provided. I took a walk to the French Thai Bakery (near Global) only to find it was closed (had a sign posted, with apologies to their customers). The walk there and back.....along the veeery busy ring road clocked in at exactly 1mile.
As I usually do, I checked out the newest models on display.....the newest Revos don't offer any significant tech improvements. Latest postings for tax: Toyota Cross 4%, Revo Space Cab 3%, Altis 20%, Camry 20%
50+ point inspection as part of the service.....brakes, lights, fluids, tires, etc, etc.
4.5 years into the Revo......can't find a fault with it.......or the dealer

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”