Remembrance poppies 2019

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Remembrance poppies 2019

Post by vincemunday » October 24, 2019, 11:17 pm

Dear All, It's that time of year again when we remember those who gave their lives so that we could live ours. Poppies will be available at the Tbar as they are every year but I'd like at least one more bar to have a box down Soi Sampan way, any offers? Please call me on 0910575550 or email me [email protected]

Last year we doubled what we took the year before and I know times are tough but it would be nice if we could match that again this year.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Re: Remembrance poppies 2019

Post by Old Grumpy » October 25, 2019, 5:50 am

vincemunday wrote:
October 24, 2019, 11:17 pm
Dear All, It's that time of year again when we remember those who gave their lives so that we could live ours. Poppies will be available at the Tbar as they are every year but I'd like at least one more bar to have a box down Soi Sampan way, any offers? Please call me on 0910575550 or email me [email protected]

Last year we doubled what we took the year before and I know times are tough but it would be nice if we could match that again this year.
Hi Vince, what about getting some in a non bar outlet like M&M for those of us that never go near a bar, would be handy.
Keep up the good work mate, we will never forget.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 26, 2019, 10:58 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
October 25, 2019, 5:50 am
vincemunday wrote:
October 24, 2019, 11:17 pm

Hi Vince, what about getting some in a non bar outlet like M&M for those of us that never go near a bar, would be handy.
Keep up the good work mate, we will never forget.
If that's an offer I will drop one off to you asap!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 26, 2019, 11:00 am

Dear all, I will be dropping off the poppy day boxes at the Tbar today and at the Fun Bar today/tomorrow. The 2019 metal badges haven't arrived from the UK yet but we do have some car poppies and some really nice British/Thai flag badges.

Thank you in advance for your generosity, the money is used for some really good causes.

I would still like to find one more busy farang bar to take another box, any offers?
Attachments
20191026_104504.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 28, 2019, 1:23 pm

A timely reminder vince, cheers.
poppyson.jpg

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 28, 2019, 4:42 pm

Those car ones available in Udon Tam/Vince. Would love one.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 28, 2019, 7:52 pm

Nice thought Vince well done.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 29, 2019, 6:58 pm

All poppies including the car ones are available at M&M which is next to the Tap House on the ring road by the airport, at the Tbar and at the Fun Bar Soi Sampan.

Steve, you made a very generous bid for the car poppy last year, hope you can spare a few bob this year? 5555+

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 29, 2019, 8:08 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 29, 2019, 6:58 pm
All poppies including the car ones are available at M&M which is next to the Tap House on the ring road by the airport, at the Tbar and at the Fun Bar Soi Sampan.

Steve, you made a very generous bid for the car poppy last year, hope you can spare a few bob this year? 5555+
Vince, Considering that I was working in Burma last year during Remembrance and the poppy I am proudly sporting today never got to see the light of day, I hope you can appreciate my innately modest, Scottish, penny-pinching, penurious frugality.

Otherwise I can make a donation at a place of your choosing. Might even get a chance to meet up, eh?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 30, 2019, 11:19 am

Sounds good, there was me thinking that penny pinching was all lies and slander... will pm you later

Meats & More
udonmap.com

Post by Meats & More » October 30, 2019, 12:10 pm

Stop by and make a donation. Meats & More is happy and proud to be a part of this worthwhile cause. Many people made the ultimate sacrifice so we can all have our freedom and the lives we live.
Attachments
IMG_20191030_121422_1.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » October 31, 2019, 7:52 pm

What a great display, many thanks for taking the box :)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 1, 2019, 2:53 pm

vincemunday wrote:
October 30, 2019, 11:19 am
Sounds good, there was me thinking that penny pinching was all lies and slander... will pm you later
It is, all lies, slander and the English way to hide how deep their pockets really are. A big 'Well Done' that man for your efforts Vince.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » November 1, 2019, 9:50 pm

I know I asked on behalf of Brick House last year but you were allready out if you still want a bar you wont find one with more foot traffic

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 1, 2019, 10:41 pm

Sorry musical bars, I wasn’t aware you was the proprietor of the Brickhouse or of course I would have dropped one in, ordinarily we wait for the owner to offer, I shall drop one by if that’s okay?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 5, 2019, 5:49 am

Dear all, I have two of the Thai/British flag pins that need a home after someone called Cecil placed a bid on them and then went silent. Anyway, a decent donation to the poppy box will secure them, I’ll happily post them or deliver them in person.

Please note the poppy boxes are available in M&M on the ring road next door to the Tap by the airport, at the Tbar Lomyen and at the Fun Bar Soi Samphan, all donations no matter how big or small are gratefully accepted, the money is used for some fantastic causes helping rehabilitate soldiers and their families injured during conflicts both physically and mentally.

Thank you in advance for your kind generosity.

Return to “Open Forum”