Help please-my Dell Inspiron 19 Windows 10- will not Boot up

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
vidmaster
udonmap.com

Help please-my Dell Inspiron 19 Windows 10- will not Boot up

Post by vidmaster » October 8, 2019, 2:00 pm

Hi when I turn it on the sequence of results are as per photos attached and just keeps repeating the loop.
Has anyone ever suffered same issue and were you able to get it resolved and if so can you let me know how you or perhaps a local repair shop that did it
Will really appreciate all positive responses
Thanks
Attachments
3FB60721-2834-42E6-AFF3-0D946DB53758.jpeg
AE449A1F-37FB-46F2-974D-3AAF22474B11.jpeg
C8AC2E1F-01FD-4CEE-A674-61D21D35BC7A.jpeg
C1E28DE7-CF50-4343-930D-FB0E061FFF3A.jpeg

joepai
udonmap.com

Re: Help please-my Dell Inspiron 19 Windows 10- will not Boot up

Post by joepai » October 8, 2019, 3:13 pm

Take it to one of Dell's official service shops :

Nano Creative
24/3 Udondussadee Rd., T.Markkang, A.Muang, Udonthani 41000
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: 042-323-232

Udon O.A Computer And Services
455/47-48 Nidyo Raod T.Markkang, A.Muang, Udonthani 41000
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: 042-321-908-9
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » October 8, 2019, 3:34 pm

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » October 8, 2019, 3:37 pm

I don t know this Nano Creative At ( 24/3 Udondussadee Rd., T.Markkang, A.Muang, Udonthani 41000 ), however i think the Nano Creative between Makro and Muengthong market is closed.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » October 8, 2019, 8:11 pm

Hi many thanks for responding so quickly.
I will try TicToc initially and will let you know how I fair in case anyone else suffers the same problem
Thanks

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » October 8, 2019, 8:46 pm

Looking at the posted pics, it seems that you have a software problem, no hardware issues detected. You have the BSOD ( blue screen of death ) problem. A fresh clean window install should solve your problems. REinstalling window is a minor job that most computer shops can undertake. At Landmark you you Creative Advice, and many shops at the far end (opposite KFC) of the computer floor. Good luck.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » October 9, 2019, 4:32 am

Have you tried booting into the safe mode?
I have used it in the past to get myself out of a jam.

Here is the URL from where I copy and pasted some of the info.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -safe-mode
Maybe this will help.

Select from the following sections to find out how to start your PC in safe mode from Settings, from the sign-in screen, or from a black or blank screen.

1. Press Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start button, then select Settings .
2. Select Update & Security > Recovery .
Open Recovery Settings
3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. You may be asked to enter your BitLocker recovery key.

5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or press F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or press F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
From the sign-in screen
When you can’t open Settings to get into safe mode, restart your device from the Windows sign-in screen.
1. On the Windows sign-in screen, press and hold the Shift key while you select the Power > Restart .
2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. You may be asked to enter your BitLocker recovery key.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » October 10, 2019, 8:19 am

Hi pf-flyer, TicToc & the-monk
I have tried installing W10 cd but didn’t work and am now trying to create a W10 onto a Sandisk USB(128gb)but after 2 hours it is still at 0%😩😩😩
I formatted the usb before trying the download.
Is there anything I should or shouldn’t be doing?
Thanks

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » October 10, 2019, 8:21 am

BTW I also tried the safe mode but didn’t offer me the option to start using either cd or usb
FYI I am trying the usb on a Lenovo to try to repair my Dell Inspiron 19 in case that is relevant
Thanks

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » October 10, 2019, 8:51 am

If you want to change the booting device order, that needs to be done in the BIOS.
Press F2 during post (When the PC first comes on ) and that will take you into the BIOS setting.
Once you are into the BIOS you will be able to change the boot order such as USB First, CD drive Second and then your hard drive third.
If you want to boot from a USB flash drive, you need to make it bootable. An application such as Easy2Boot will enable you to configure a bootable USB flash drive. Note: You will be able to load Windows 10 onto the Flash Drive also in this application and that will enable you to install Windows 10 from the USB Flash Drive. You will need to set USB as your first boot option in the BIOS so it will be the first device that will be loaded at the end of posting.
I used Easy2Boot to build a bootable USB Flash drive that will enable me to select which OS to install. I can choose to install Windows 10, Debian LINUX or Linux MINT.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » October 10, 2019, 9:35 am

SupportAssist is a Dell thing. Google "Remove Supportassist from BIOS" Plenty of help out there

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » October 10, 2019, 8:27 pm

Hi pf- flyer
My problem is as I messaged earlier when I did safe mode F2 and I selected change boot order I only got as attached photos and what shows when I select other similar options 🥴🥴🥴so not as straight forward as people are suggesting 😩😩😩😩I wish it was and that’s why I am requesting help
Thanks

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » October 11, 2019, 6:27 am

[quote=vidmaster post_id=556128 time=1570714052 user_id=32336]
Hi pf- flyer
My problem is as I messaged earlier when I did safe mode F2 and I selected change boot order I only got as attached photos and what shows when I select other similar options 🥴🥴🥴so not as straight forward as people are suggesting 😩😩😩😩I wish it was and that’s why I am requesting help
Thanks
[/quote]

Changing the boot order is done in the BIOS. Are you able to get into the BIOS settings?
F2 does not take you into the safe mode.

Here is some help that I copied and pasted from Dell.

Reset the BIOS to default values
If your computer is set to first attempt to boot to another device, this may cause issues with successfully booting to Windows. To reset your computer's BIOS to factory defaults, perform the following steps:
1. Restart the computer
2. At the Dell logo during restart, tap the F2 key repeatedly until you see Entering Setup in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Depending on the BIOS, you may need to press a key listed at the bottom of the screen to load default settings.
4. Press ESC to exit the BIOS, and be sure to select Save and Exit to save your changes.
Note: For Windows based tablets, perform the following steps instead.
1. With the tablet completely off, press the Power Button, and then immediately press and hold down the Volume Down until the System Setup page (BIOS) appears (if the tablet boots to Windows, try again).
2. Touch or click Load Defaults.
3. Touch or click OK.
4. Touch or click Exit, if the tablet does not automatically reboot.
***********************************************************************************************
How to Boot to Safe Mode in Windows 10
From the sign-in screen:
1. Restart your PC.
2. At the sign-in screen, hold the Shift Key down while you select Power > Restart.
3. After your PC restarts to the Choose an Option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
4. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » October 11, 2019, 8:59 am

Hi pf many thanks for really helpful reply im not techy as you no doubt realise so when i do F2 the options i get at foot of screen are Restore Settings and Exit. Is Restore same as your Default?

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » October 11, 2019, 9:36 am

Im not sure I follow your points 3&4
I get BIOS Defaults,Factory settings and Custom User Settings- is it BIOS Defaults or Factory i select
Will i lose all my files documents and photos whatever i choose?

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » October 11, 2019, 9:53 am

If you are concerned with preserving files then you need to go the option of using a system repair disk option. If you have done a system back up you would have been given an option to burn-in a bootable system repair disk.
Have you done this?
If not I would suggest that you take your PC to a repair facility that has already been suggested.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » October 11, 2019, 11:30 am

Not concerned about losing data just wanted to know for information purposes
So can you confirm which restore option I should select please?
BIOS Defaults
or
Factory settings
or
Custom user settings

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » October 11, 2019, 11:36 am

[quote=vidmaster post_id=556170 time=1570768211 user_id=32336]
Not concerned about losing data just wanted to know for information purposes
So can you confirm which restore option I should select please?
BIOS Defaults
or
Factory settings
or
Custom user settings
[/quote]

None of the above. If you are not concered about losing data,I am willing to try and take you manualy through step by step.
Before we can begin. Do you have a Windows 10 Installation media such as a CD ?

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » October 11, 2019, 12:24 pm

Hi that’s very kind
Yes have Windows 10 pro Installation cd but tried and does not load also have sandisk flash drive but that fails to load the Microsoft Windows Media - well I let it run at 0% for a couple of hours

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » October 11, 2019, 12:42 pm

[quote=vidmaster post_id=556174 time=1570771482 user_id=32336]
Hi that’s very kind
Yes have Windows 10 pro Installation cd but tried and does not load also have sandisk flash drive but that fails to load the Microsoft Windows Media - well I let it run at 0% for a couple of hours
[/quote]

I know....That is what we are trying to fix. We need to get the BIOS to read and then load the CD first. If the Harddisk is first in the BIOS boot order and it finds as bootable file system on the harddrive there will not be an attempt to load the CD or the USB Port. That is what I attemped to explain several postings ago.
Is your Windows 10 installation disk readable and bootable ?

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”