Banned For Being Positive !

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Banned For Being Positive !

Post by chopperjoey » September 26, 2019, 8:43 am

youdoodle-2019-09-26T08-29-29Z.jpg
Why people only can be so negative and not even tolerate positive view on Thailand?

Last month i was banned from Thailands biggest forum ThaiVisa. And all because i promoted to post more positive news about Thailand.

ThaiVisa mostly if not all, posts the most negative and cynical news and topics. Basically its a forum for haters; thai ppl are stupid and incompetent, police and officials are corrupt and incompetent, basically Thailand is stupid and a big joke, according to most posters and endorsed by ThaiVisa.

But its really like this. Positive ppl see positive things around them. And ppl with their head stuck in their arsehole, well, they only see ----.
If you ONLY see negative things, it might be more a reflection of your personality thatn an actual represantation of the world around you.

Thanks, lets be positive. ;-)

saint
udonmap.com

Re: Banned For Being Positive !

Post by saint » September 26, 2019, 9:00 am

Good post . I totally agree .There are negative people everywhere , and i firmly believe that changing countries or even continents does not change a negative , miserable persons personality .
Some just love a good moan , as i do on occasions , but if you smile at life , life generally will smile back .

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 26, 2019, 9:15 am

I was once a member of Thai Visa. One member used the handle Mentally Disturbed. I made a post and mentioned that although I knew he was mentally disturbed, that he was wrong. For that I was given a "vacation" and wouldn't be permitted to post again until I apologized. That wasn't going to happen and I was NEVER going to apologize. I haven't been back. Before that I was warned to spell California correctly. I had been spelling it Kalifornia. I also could no longer call Kalifornia the Land of Fruits and Nuts. Since I was at odds with the homosexual group that controls the forum, I knew I would soon be banned. Good riddance.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2019, 10:13 am

If you haven't been banned from Thai Visa, you haven't been in Thailand long enough.

Wear it as a badge of honour. :D

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » September 26, 2019, 10:37 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 26, 2019, 10:13 am
If you haven't been banned from Thai Visa, you haven't been in Thailand long enough.

lol. it'l be right next to my other Badges of Honour. :lol:

nice to see all the positive replies. i guess the Isan Farang is more relaxed and positive than the Big City Farang. :-p

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 26, 2019, 12:10 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 26, 2019, 10:13 am

Ive been here long enough , and ive never been banned from Thai Visa ! However ive never been a member , or wished to become a member .
From the little ive seen its full of deadbeats who just wanna argue about everything .
Not my cup of tea at all .
If i lived on moans and groans , i would of stayed in the U K , where its a national sport . :(

Pro V1
udonmap.com

Post by Pro V1 » September 26, 2019, 2:59 pm

I have been a member of Thai Visa for a few years. I find it to be useful in terms of getting good advice on a wide range of Thai related matters. Never had any issues with the moderating team.

Cheers
Scottie

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 7, 2019, 10:07 am

chopperjoey wrote:
September 26, 2019, 8:43 am
youdoodle-2019-09-26T08-29-29Z.jpg
Why people only can be so negative and not even tolerate positive view on Thailand?

Last month i was banned from Thailands biggest forum ThaiVisa. And all because i promoted to post more positive news about Thailand.

ThaiVisa mostly if not all, posts the most negative and cynical news and topics. Basically its a forum for haters; thai ppl are stupid and incompetent, police and officials are corrupt and incompetent, basically Thailand is stupid and a big joke, according to most posters and endorsed by ThaiVisa.

But its really like this. Positive ppl see positive things around them. And ppl with their head stuck in their arsehole, well, they only see ****.
If you ONLY see negative things, it might be more a reflection of your personality thatn an actual represantation of the world around you.

Thanks, lets be positive. ;-)
TV does have a pretty solid Thai bash team that never lacks for volunteers to repeat the usual schtick about all things Thai. They are best avoided but some do need a bitch slapping which can be hard to resist.

I have been a member there for over 13 years and have had posting privileges suspended several times. When that happens, I voluntarily go MIA after suspensions expire. I do note that my suspensions have been triggered by maybe only 3 Mods and nowadays if any of my posts disappear without notice, I check which Mods have been online and if I see it's one of the Three Mousketeers, I stop following that thread.

You weren't banned for being positive BTW. As the screen grab shows, you commented on Moderation. That gets you in the dunces corner on most moderated forums and red carded on TV: it's in their rules. You were probably not asked to apologise either, only requested to acknowledge the reason for suspension. Your "third strike" was self inflicted IMHO.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » November 7, 2019, 1:15 pm

Yes and people wonder why Farang not Welcome here!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 7, 2019, 2:43 pm

Thai visa does have some useful info
You just need to ignore all the negative issues or comments
And i have not been banned

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 7, 2019, 4:43 pm

There are a couple of the fora under the “Thailand Real Estate Forum” that have a very high signal to noise ratio. I mostly stay with those. The big advantage that the phpBB software has is its kill file, I haven’t found one on TV yet.

I have had a post or two removed and a warning about a signature that was in place for a few years before the warning but no ban.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » November 7, 2019, 6:46 pm

Its the same 2 people who mostly ban everyone . I was banned for posting on a trump thread that even though all the posts were anti trump any trump supporters who are reading this thread should not be disheartened as there are lots of people who support trump but their posts are blocked as my innocuous post for trump were . that was it i was banned for life

Return to “Open Forum”