UK Economy

World news discussion forum
Lone Star
udonmap.com

UK Economy

Post by Lone Star » September 11, 2019, 4:10 pm

The Bank of England admits that there are no signs of slowing in the UK economy post-BREXIT.

The Office for National Statistics show a 31,000 increase in jobs in the last quarter and the unemployment rate still under 4% at 3.8%. In addition, wages and bonuses have risen to their HIGHEST level since 2008 during the global financial crisis. Weekly earnings have risen 4% in the past year.

Bloomberg has also reported an unexpectedly strong performance from the UK economy. The UK economy chugs along whether leaving the EU or not. GDP also rose and has had growth in all quarters.

This is bad news for Remainers, who bang the pots and pans about the UK economy being destroyed if they leave the EU. All of this occurring while Germany -- the so-called strongest economy in the EU -- is described by the Associated Press as "devastating, with no silver lining” as their industries suffer through falling factory orders. Reminder: China has been unable to buy due to their efforts to devalue their currency due to US trade tariffs. German exports to China are way down.

UK manufacturing is also outpacing the rest of the economy as UK exports have increased.

The doom & gloom predictions of Remainers ain't happening.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

saint
udonmap.com

Re: UK Economy

Post by saint » September 12, 2019, 7:59 am

Said it before , but its worth saying again .
The remainers will never let the truth get in the way of a good whinge , or scaremongering .
Its in their DNA. They will poo paa these facts as fake news .

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 12, 2019, 8:24 am

saint wrote:
September 12, 2019, 7:59 am
Said it before , but its worth saying again .
The remainers will never let the truth get in the way of a good whinge , or scaremongering .
Its in their DNA. They will poo paa these facts as fake news .
LIBs of all denominations never let facts get in the way of their alarmism. That in itself is a fact.

A free and independent country always makes perfect sense. Other than its regional location and proximity to the rest of Europe, I never saw any real benefit for the UK. The EU needs the UK and has USED the UK for far too long.

I hope that at some point, the vote of the citizens is honored.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 12, 2019, 8:45 am

Spot on there im afraid . The Liberal party in the U K have publicaly stated that if (and its a huge if ) they get elected at the next general election , that they intend to revoke article 50 and stay in the E U , thereby totally ignoring the results of the referendum .
Seriously you cant make this nonsense up .

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 12, 2019, 9:53 am

No comments from the quisling remainers yet. :D

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 12, 2019, 12:30 pm

Funny but it seems the more cock up leaders you have the better the economy gets. No one has been paying attention to the economy ,may wasn't exactly a rocket scientist all focused on brexit and the economy chugging alone nicely ,trump doing the same busy wrecking farmers lives ,yet the same results . leads me to believe even without leaders businesses will thrive no matter what
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 12, 2019, 1:11 pm

Galee wrote:
September 12, 2019, 9:53 am
Give 'em time.

They'll show up sooner or later with the typical LIB rejections of the data or some excuse as to why the economy is successful anyway and that it doesn't matter who leads the country blah blah blah.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 12, 2019, 2:12 pm

Lone Star wrote:
September 12, 2019, 1:11 pm
Galee wrote:
September 12, 2019, 9:53 am
Give 'em time.

They'll show up sooner or later with the typical LIB rejections of the data or some excuse as to why the economy is successful anyway and that it doesn't matter who leads the country blah blah blah.
curious to know why LIBbs alone would reject fake data, guess that means the fascist right will accept false data ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 12, 2019, 2:27 pm

Fascists are totalitarian -- FAR LEFT -- along with monarchies, dictatorships, Nazism, communism, et al. The far right is Anarchy, which is no government at all. Having totalitarian governments dominate both ends of the spectrum (communist left vs Nazi or fascist right) is ridiculous. All totalitarian groups (total government control) are to the Left.
LeftRight A.png

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 12, 2019, 2:33 pm

If you think the U Ks economy is poor , its a lot better than the EUs latest figures .
Growth for the entire rat pack down to a fifth of one per cent .
ECB being forced into lowering interest rates from 0.4% to maybe negative territory .
Talks of quantitive easing again . Printing euros and spending it on interstructure projects to help boost the economy .
Mmmm let me think what countries will benefit from that one. Last time they did it they spent over 7500 Euros for every citizen under their rule , and i doubt thats been paid off yet .
Apparently we need them more than they need us . I realy dont think so , and its even more important we get away from their clutches before the preverbial hits the fan , and we will be expected to pay our 26 % of the budget .

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 13, 2019, 11:17 am

BoJo isn't messing around.

Six more countries have agreed to trade deals with the UK that are worth over £10 billion to the UK economy. The addition of South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Eswatini and Mozambique brings the total to 44 bilateral trade deals in the last few months.

This will help to stabilize trade once the UK leaves the EU.

Dozens more trade deals are scheduled to ensure trade flows as usual after Brexit.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 13, 2019, 12:39 pm

BoJo wants to bring shipbuilding home, and he has started the ball rolling on the manufacture of five new Royal Navy warships to be made in Britain. The value of the ships is estimated at £1.3 billion.

Over 2,500 jobs are expected to be impacted by this resurgence and several British shipyards impacted. The pledge is that the ships will be exclusively manufactured in the UK.

BoJo:
"The UK is an outward-looking island nation, and we need a shipbuilding industry and Royal Navy that reflect the importance of the seas to our security and prosperity.

"This is an industry with a deep and visceral connection to so many parts of the UK and to the Union itself. My government will do all it can to develop this aspect of our heritage and the men and women who make up its workforce – from apprentices embarking on a long career, to those families who have worked in shipyards for generations.

"I look forward to the restoration of British influence and excellence across the world’s oceans.

"I am convinced that by working together we will see a renaissance in this industry which is so much part of our island story – so let’s bring shipbuilding home."
Make Britain Great Again!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » September 13, 2019, 1:09 pm

Fake story's L/S I live in the UK and no one mentioned shipbuilding on any media outlets or local papers I live in a town that builds only Nuclear Submarines. I suggest you don't spread these fake news story's.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

LS. WTF are you talking about. The UK is still a vassal state of the EU and therefor not allowed (by the dictates of the Dictators) to negotiate any trade deals etc. But thanks for telling me about a Nation (Eswatini) that I have never heard off. Hope they have better wine than the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey's. Cummon, Big Guy at least post facts instead of the biased wee guy rhetoric we get from Laughing Boy.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » September 13, 2019, 3:46 pm

Lone Star wrote:
September 13, 2019, 11:17 am

BoJo isn't messing around.

Six more countries have agreed to trade deals with the UK that are worth over £10 billion to the UK economy. The addition of South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Eswatini and Mozambique brings the total to 44 bilateral trade deals in the last few months.

Dozens more trade deals are scheduled to ensure trade flows as usual after Brexit.
:crying:

Mmm
Eswatini, that great industrial powerhouse. Famous place.
Not exactly Germany, let alone Poland is it?
The sort of places your Prez used to call shitholes n'est pas?
Best stick to your Republican topics, your EU/Brexit/UK stuff just embarrasses you further.
69523441_10156659182647099_1542455706706-1.jpg

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 13, 2019, 4:09 pm

Lone Star wrote:
September 12, 2019, 2:27 pm

Fascists are totalitarian -- FAR LEFT -- along with monarchies, dictatorships, Nazism, communism, et al. The far right is Anarchy, which is no government at all. Having totalitarian governments dominate both ends of the spectrum (communist left vs Nazi or fascist right) is ridiculous. All totalitarian groups (total government control) are to the Left.

LeftRight A.png
wrong

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 13, 2019, 4:24 pm

vlad wrote:
September 13, 2019, 1:09 pm
Fake story's L/S I live in the UK and no one mentioned shipbuilding on any media outlets or local papers I live in a town that builds only Nuclear Submarines. I suggest you don't spread these fake news story's.
I suggest you improve your research skills. At least 10 UK media outlets reporting it online including your beloved BBC. Maybe your buddies are hiding info from you.

Still love you, vladdie!! Image

shipbuilding.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 13, 2019, 4:41 pm

AlexO wrote: . . .
Continuity trade agreements that kick in post Brexit.

I even alluded to it in my post .
44 countries so far and hundreds of billions in trade.

Nothing would surprise me about your lack of knowledge in any topic, but especially regarding geography and Eswatini.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » September 13, 2019, 6:14 pm

How come we never heared of it then L/S ??

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 13, 2019, 9:09 pm

vlad wrote:
September 13, 2019, 6:14 pm
How come we never heared of it then L/S ??
How should I know? I don't live in the UK.

The story is in at least 10 sources online. I didn't look beyond ten.

I took that screenshot straight off The Guardian website. Go read about it.

Return to “World News”