Plastic Bags

General Udon Thani topics only!
Chuchi
udonmap.com

Plastic Bags

Post by Chuchi » September 8, 2019, 1:03 pm

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/plastic ... nuary-2020

Apologies if this is widely known already, it can onl be a good thing long term and I ain’t no tree hugger. Problem I have is forgetting to take a reusable bag with me on the dates that have already been introduced ,I keep having to buy another one :oops:

saint
udonmap.com
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Plastic Bags

Post by saint » September 8, 2019, 2:45 pm

In the U K they stopped free bags years ago , but they always have them for the very reason you mentioned , but you have to pay for them , and i believe the money goes to help save the planet .
Would it really be that confusing for the Thais to have a similar approach . That way if you forget your bags , you dont have to suffer your shopping rolling around the vehicle , or if on a bike you still have a chance of making it home alive with your shopping , all of it .

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 8, 2019, 3:00 pm

45,000,000,000 bags just in Thailand. This is a truly sobering number.
How many in number and maybe how many tons of just bags are made each year world wide.
But unfortunately it’s not just the bags, not a word from industry leaders about the rest of the plastic packaging we are forced to throw everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » September 8, 2019, 3:59 pm

45,000,000,000 bags just in Thailand
Is that 45 Billion?!!.... What? cant be! Really?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 9, 2019, 9:21 am

I did an Air France stopover at Nouakchott airport on the way to a job in Guinea. There's a hurricane fence at the end of the runway and the houses and desert spreads beyond that. But you need to be seated up high like in the plane to see the Sahara over the wind-blown plastic-bags that line the hurricane fence. Probably a few hundred thousand bags there alone.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 9, 2019, 4:19 pm

45,000,000,000 bags is about right with 63,400,000 people in Thailand works out to about 2 bags per day per person
and thats just Thailand Also does not include packaging of items by the manufacturers
Now that may make some sense why our oceans are swimming in the stuff

Countries such as France, Kenya, Vanuta,UK, Taiwan, Zimbabwae,Rwanda, Morocco, along with cities have have Banned Single-Use Plastics

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 9, 2019, 5:33 pm

It's as easy as not throwing your Snicker's wrapper or cigarette butt out the car window. It just takes a bit of learning/understanding about where that wrapper goes before you understand. I go to Nongwahsaw market with my wife a few times a week. She does meat and veggies, I do fruit, flowers and incense for our land spirits, and milk at 7-11. I easily save 5 bags a trip. It's as easy as saying ไม่ต้องใส่ถุง mai-dawng-sai-tung.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » September 9, 2019, 7:46 pm

Its funny how Thai words spelt and confusing
I download Thai karaoke songs.All spelt differently!
mai-dawng-sai-tung.....! would have said "Mai dong sai tueng"
Even easier say "Mai ow tueng"
Looking at that, most farang would think Tung as in rhyme "hung"
But is more like "Tierng" LOL

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”