jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Re: coastal towns will have to be abandoned

Post by jai yen yen » September 9, 2019, 6:50 am

TJ wrote:
September 7, 2019, 2:34 pm
jai yen yen wrote:
September 6, 2019, 11:30 pm
I would not worry too much about sea levels, instead what is going to happen to the working people in 50 or 60 years when robots and computers take over. Massive amounts of unemployed and governments with no tax revenue to support them. This is a much greater issue for the future.
Robots and computers eh. Could it be as bad as when combustion engines and electricity were were introduced, throwing untold millions out of work, most businesses ruined and states completely undone . Oh tell me that it isn't so. LOL
Combustion engines put horses out of work, not people. Electricity put candles and oil lamps out of work,not people. The technology coming our way will make human labor redundant, before Stephen Hawkins died he warned us of it as well as many others. Maybe not in our life time but children born today have a bleak future I am afraid unless they are born into wealth.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 9, 2019, 7:12 am

The combustion engine , and electricity , in fact , created many jobs .
I agree our childrens , childrens , children do face a pretty bleak future , as does the world .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 9, 2019, 9:56 am

Our children and children's children will have a easier better life than we had.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » September 9, 2019, 4:15 pm

The tens of millions of the poor, ignorant, sickly illegals that each year come flooding into the western nations to enjoy all the advantages of free food, education, housing, medical services, clothing, and other will definitely have an easier and better life.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 9, 2019, 8:37 pm

rick wrote:
August 27, 2019, 8:04 pm
Indonesia is planning a new capital, as Jakarta is sinking rapidly. OK, sea level rise is only a small part of the problem, but in the long term it makes Jakarta very much a lease on borrowed time.
The Indonesian Government will promise a lot, but wait and see what they actually deliver and when.

If you thought corruption was a big issue in Thailand, then try getting something done in their (the Indonesian) system.

Eitherway, the country does not have the funds

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 9, 2019, 9:18 pm

maaka wrote:
September 9, 2019, 6:37 am
sold my oceanside property back home years ago as I could see the sea was encroaching more and more, and things were going to go pear shape...now I am on a hill..
I'm not worried about the sea level rising and since my home is at 316 meters above sea level, I don't have to worry about it anyways. I think it's just more of the carbon tax scam. It's all about money.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » September 10, 2019, 3:17 pm

glalt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 9:18 pm
maaka wrote:
sold my oceanside property back home years ago as I could see the sea was encroaching more and more, and things were going to go pear shape...now I am on a hill..
I'm not worried about the sea level rising and since my home is at 316 meters above sea level, I don't have to worry about it anyways. I think it's just more of the carbon tax scam. It's all about money.
Fully agree. The earth's sea levels have been rising and falling for probably over a million years, as the earth tilts on its axis of rotation between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees every 40,000 to 45,000 in its cycle.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 10, 2019, 3:38 pm

glalt wrote:
September 9, 2019, 9:18 pm
maaka wrote:
Say hello to Jack & Jill up on that hill in cloud cuckoo land :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 10, 2019, 3:40 pm

Dont know what everyone is worrying about ..... surely Trump will just get a black marker pen and redraw the coastline back to where he wants it :-$

Return to “World News”