Filter Set Up

General Udon Thani topics only!
Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Filter Set Up

Post by Marcosteffano » June 21, 2017, 10:27 am

Yes I do have 2 pumps.1 from the well to the storage tanks where most of the calcium,lime and other crap sinks to the bottom,from the tanks it is pumped to the 2 stage filter (blue one) your problem seems to be a bad well supply if it's messing up the pump.i know sod all about wells as I had mine here when I moved in.if your water is that bad you may have to get a pro in and look at an alternative source.also the blue filter won't be any good.you will need a flushable waste type or you'll be forever buying cartridges.

carlyai

Post by carlyai » June 26, 2017, 5:29 am

"I'm about to get a slab poured"
Don't forget the waste water P traps.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 10, 2019, 1:44 pm

My GF is just setting up the new house filters and tanks now, I was going to post photos and info when I got home.
She ended up buying the Mazuna brand filter, fiberglass, July 2017.

Now 2 years on and the filters are not working efficiently, the electronic tester is showing a bad high reading, so time to have our filter guy come check it out. The village water is now very salty as they have recently been filling the village source from the large irrigation dam nearby.
Filter guy sends his technician out and he confirms the filters are not working as required and pulls apart the filter canisters and replaces first the carbon and then the resin in the filters. The resin filter was filthy with dirt. He advises that each year the filters should be checked and possibly internals replaced. The resin filter should have the salt solution added every 1 or 2 months, that's easy just mix some pool salt with water in a large garbage bin and use the backwash switch on the top to flush it through. We were of the opinion that regular backwashing was all that was required, wrong.
Same time as changing filters the 4 x 2000ltr tanks have been individually flushed of all the sediment that has settled on the bottom. Basically in the area where we are the filters should be maintained and checked yearly not 2 yearly.
He did some basic additional checks and a quick how to pull apart the units lesson for the missus.
3000 bht for the carbon and resin product replacement and 800 bht for the guy. The missus now knows how to change the products and will do herself now, just buy the products.
If you are buying cartridges and filters around town they are probably coming through this filter man. He has his warehouse and shop at the back of Nong Samrong golf course. He wholesale supplies.
Attachments
404685c9-5f2f-4e1b-ab8e-c518211514e6.JPG
f1757f52-f368-421b-a0b0-20a1d9a19097.JPG

carlyai

Post by carlyai » August 11, 2019, 4:21 am

Sounds like it all worked out. We're just about to change our big filters as well.

carlyai

Post by carlyai » August 11, 2019, 4:24 am

Seems it all worked out?

We're just about to change or filters medium too. B 5000 for 2 bigger bottles. One carbon and one zircon? (can't remember).

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 12, 2019, 4:55 pm

If you haven't already done the filter change perhaps we can give the number of our supplier, as I say he is a wholesaler for many shops in UT.
Let me know if you want to compare prices.
carlyai wrote:
August 11, 2019, 4:24 am
Seems it all worked out?

We're just about to change or filters medium too. B 5000 for 2 bigger bottles. One carbon and one zircon? (can't remember).

iPa41000
udonmap.com

Post by iPa41000 » August 12, 2019, 7:38 pm

Hi,
I have 3 stages, first ( grey ) with sand and activated carbon, this one has an automatic backwash system, then one for calcium ( yellow ) it works with salt, it has an automatic regenerating system. The last one ( black ) is a paper filter for fine particules.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 13, 2019, 8:23 am

according to me whole house filters are only useful if your water supply is really bad , i did have them too once long ago , but if your water quality of a well is ok to shower you do not need a whole house filter but as option only a good drinking water filter system,so with me it was a bad investment because the well water was good (not drinkable yet)
and yes these whole house water filters need constant maintenance and good follow up to work perfect , fe the resin filter needs to be re-activated with salt about every 2 months all depending of the hardness of the supplied water , leaving the salt bath inside for about 1 hour before back washing it out ,so it would be useful to have an automated system as iPa posted ... , as info ;)

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”