And yet ANOTHER mass shooting in the US

World news discussion forum
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: And yet ANOTHER mass shooting in the US

Post by GT93 » August 9, 2019, 1:33 pm

Look be a good chap and open a thread on that topic. I look forward to it.

Meanwhile we'll stay on tune in here on the largely avoidable carnage in the US. Hopefully "largely avoidable" isn't an exaggeration if the US gets the right policy settings and they're implemented with diligence.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 9, 2019, 2:00 pm

I have been a hunter all my life, still do hunt and I own several rifles and shotguns. It is legal to hunt and I would not want guns banned, the honest sane people should not have to suffer because of some sick fools. Deal with the problem and guns are not the problem.

I for one do not want 'hunting rifles' (bolt action, single shot, breech loading.) banned. It's the military grade, semi automatics with large capacity mags and when 2 are taped together have a huge killing potential that are not required for 'hunting' that are the problem. Yes there will be the gun supporters who say just as lethal in a sniper role but will prevent nearly all the stroll through a shopping mall or nightclub firing at will into a crowd incidents.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 9, 2019, 9:12 pm

Today,in one of the biggets Online newspapers i can read this headline:

Sells bulletproof bags before school starts in the US

Happy to live in Thailand..We are living in a crazy world right now..what's next..students can by guns to protect themself when attending school..

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » August 9, 2019, 11:16 pm

AlexO wrote:
August 9, 2019, 2:00 pm
I have been a hunter all my life, still do hunt and I own several rifles and shotguns. It is legal to hunt and I would not want guns banned, the honest sane people should not have to suffer because of some sick fools. Deal with the problem and guns are not the problem.

I for one do not want 'hunting rifles' (bolt action, single shot, breech loading.) banned. It's the military grade, semi automatics with large capacity mags and when 2 are taped together have a huge killing potential that are not required for 'hunting' that are the problem. Yes there will be the gun supporters who say just as lethal in a sniper role but will prevent nearly all the stroll through a shopping mall or nightclub firing at will into a crowd incidents.
I agree, there is no need for civilians to own those types of weapons.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » August 9, 2019, 11:18 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 9, 2019, 9:12 pm

Happy to live in Thailand..We are living in a crazy world right now..what's next..students can by guns to protect themself when attending school..
You have a much greater chance of dying in Thailand with vehicle accidents alone than being shot in the U.S.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 10, 2019, 7:32 am

jai yen yen wrote:
August 9, 2019, 11:18 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

You have a much greater chance of dying in Thailand with vehicle accidents alone than being shot in the U.S.
..God morning..Well you might be right,but Thailand is still the place for me...Look at my own homecountry Sweden,gangbanging,drugwars,young boys shooting and stabbing eachother..I love Thailand,not perfect at all,but neither i..even if i would like to think so..;-)

Have a great day..:-)

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 10, 2019, 7:36 am

jai yen yen wrote:
August 9, 2019, 11:18 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

I certainly do , as i live in Thailand and drive pretty much every day .
Havent been to the States since 2001 and have no desire to go back .
So yes , i guess you are correct . :-"

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » August 10, 2019, 2:22 pm

Wonder why USA has a gun problem

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » August 10, 2019, 2:46 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
August 4, 2019, 6:57 pm
Okay...here comes the "ban the guns" and "it's all Trump's fault" crowd. Over the years the US and other countries have spiraled into a culture of violence brought on by bastards brought up in single parent homes, collecting welfare and sitting around watching violent video games all day. Society had kicked God out of the public square and nobody teaches morals anymore. It's all about moral relativity...we can all determine what's right or wrong in our own mind. People are fed up with all the injustice in society and most people are angry bitter time bombs just waiting for an opportunity to explode. There's always plenty of warning signs in these people that commit such atrocities, but nobody acts in time because they don't want to get involved. We live in a society of indifference because the "tolerance crowd" will tear your head off if one tries to interfere, so people just ignore the obvious in these nutcases. If it weren't a gun that was handy it would be a knife, as is the case in England right now, or a car or an ax or a sword or any number of deadly tools. Guns don't kill...people do! What we need is more people carrying concealed weapons to protect us against these psychos. If someone in Walmart had been carrying this morning, this guy wouldn't have gotten very far with his slaughter. US civilians own nearly 400 million guns, and if you think that patriots are going to give them up without a fight then you're just dreaming. The government can ban guns all day long, but if a psycho is hellbent on mass murder with a firearm, he will find a way to get his hands on one. You can never diminish black market firearms.

We're living in the last days and evil is waxing worse and worse. It's not going to get any better folks, so shore up your homes and find ways to protect yourself. The whole world has gone mad!!!!!!!!!

Find a way to read the El Paso shooter's manifesto on the internet. I did and the guy is smart, articulate and has some very sound grievances. He wanted the world to know his concerns, but in his deluded mind he thought that this murder rampage was the only way to get his message out. Without doubt he chose the wrong method to make it known. He is not unlike many of us who see our country going to the dogs and feel helpless to do anything about it.
Adding more guns is clearly the way to reduce killings. In fact, if the number of guns is reduced the shootings will probably escalate.

:badteeth: 'Merica

As for saying it would be a knife if it wasn't a gun, it takes a lot more courage to go out and attack people in close combat than it does with a weapon that can be fired at distance and the numbers you can injure at one time are significantly less. I'm sure you know that though.

I agree that the USA will never change as it's so ingrained into the country and people. But the argument that openly allowing guns doesn't increase the number of innocent lives lost is preposterous.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 10, 2019, 4:09 pm

neeemu wrote:
August 10, 2019, 2:46 pm
the argument that openly allowing guns doesn't increase the number of innocent lives lost is preposterous.
No it's not.

Some states with strictest gun laws, such as Illinois, have significantly higher than average rates of gun deaths.

Other states with extremely lax gun legislation, such as Arizona, aren’t quite as high on the list as you might expect.

More gun laws does not mean fewer deaths.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Domat
udonmap.com

Post by Domat » August 10, 2019, 8:45 pm

Just for the one who know how rules and law work with weapon.
It`s not a affront against the US from my side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjlT4BME2aE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgYJ5V2HYy4

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 10, 2019, 8:50 pm

Great Videos

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 11, 2019, 2:10 am

Yes. Why the hell don't the Swiss seethers and haters occasionally go postal? Surely they can illegally get access to guns easily (e.g. grab Dad's).

And I would have thought beer and guns invited trouble. :-k
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 11, 2019, 11:27 am

From a couple of years ago, but still relevant. :(

WARNING: You need to be able to appreciate satire and irony.
FAIRFAX, VA—In the aftermath of a shooting in Las Vegas that left at least 58 people dead and more than 500 wounded, National Rifle Association officials said Monday that mass shootings are just the unfortunate price of protecting people’s freedom to commit mass shootings.

“What happened in Las Vegas is a horrific tragedy, but it’s sadly the inevitable cost of safeguarding the rights of Americans to perpetrate such horrific tragedies,” said NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, adding that defending the constitutional right to commit mass murder meant accepting that mass murders were occasionally going to happen. “As saddened as we are today, we must always remember that preserving our sacred liberty to go on violent rampages is far more important than any one violent rampage.”

LaPierre went on to say that legislation like recent state laws permitting guns on college campuses and an upcoming House bill that would relax restrictions on the purchase of gun silencers were vital to ensuring people had more freedom to commit much deadlier massacres, even if they sometimes lead to much deadlier massacres.

https://www.theonion.com/nra-says-mass- ... 1819580360

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 12, 2019, 10:28 am

Giggle wrote:
August 10, 2019, 4:09 pm
neeemu wrote:
August 10, 2019, 2:46 pm
the argument that openly allowing guns doesn't increase the number of innocent lives lost is preposterous.
No it's not.

Some states with strictest gun laws, such as Illinois, have significantly higher than average rates of gun deaths.

Other states with extremely lax gun legislation, such as Arizona, aren’t quite as high on the list as you might expect.

More gun laws does not mean fewer deaths.
Hi Laughing Boy.
Surely it is not beyond even an American to be able to work out that you just drive to a State that has easier gun laws load up and drive back. Last time I looked there are no interstate customs checkpoints etc. Or maybe just maybe Illinois has more halfwit morons than Arizona.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 13, 2019, 12:39 pm

Now you're catching on. Try expanding that logic -- what does Illinois have more of than Arizona?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 14, 2019, 4:57 pm

Make Australia Crate Again! =D>
National Milk Crate Association Calls For Loosening Of Open Carry Laws

The powerful NMCA has called for open-carry laws to be introduced in all Australian states, in the wake of the Sydney stabbing yesterday.

NMCA president Dwayne LaCtose said Australians should be able to carry an unconcealed milk crate in public places as a means of self defense, noting that the Sydney attack was minimised because a man was openly carrying a milk crate.

“The only way to stop a bad guy with a knife is with a good guy with a milk crate,” LaCtose said.

“It should be an Australians’ right to be able to go to the movies, to the supermarket, to the pub carrying a milk crate”.

He said there had been a surge in purchases of milk crates in the past 24 hours, with some people stockpiling dozens of milk crates. “Particularly at supermarkets, cafes – places where lots of people congregate – we’re seeing a lot of milk crates being stored”.

He called for signs to be introduced at airports stating ‘This is an open carry state’ with an accompanying picture of a milk crate.

“I will never give up my crates. It’s time to make Australia crate again”.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2019/08/14/ ... cache=true

\:D/

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 14, 2019, 7:51 pm

IS that supposed to be humorous? It's not.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » August 14, 2019, 8:56 pm

Nice 1 jack.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 14, 2019, 10:34 pm

Giggle wrote:
August 13, 2019, 12:39 pm
Now you're catching on. Try expanding that logic -- what does Illinois have more of than Arizona?
Redneck halfwits would be my first guess laughing boy. You probably have a different take on that though. Please enlighten us.

Return to “World News”