TM 30 Form

General Udon Thani topics only!
LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

TM 30 Form

Post by LoneTraveler » July 23, 2019, 8:41 am

I just read an interesting question on another forum where the BM asked if he needed a TM 30 form for extension. He owns a house, has a blue book for his wife and a yellow book for himself for the past few years. His question is; are Immigration asking everyone for the TM 30 form even though you have the above documents. I have not been asked for this form for the past 6 years of extensions however, I read an article where Immigration is asking all foreigners for the TM 30 form now.

I am due for a 90 day next month and I will ask the question but as I have learned from past experience, not to rely on what they tell me. I do not want to go for an extension only to be told I need one, therefore I will have one filled out just in case. Has anyone gone for an extension recently and not been asked for the TM 30 form.

Thank you in advance

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: TM 30 Form

Post by Lone Star » July 23, 2019, 8:49 am

I needed it for the first time LAST July -- after nine renewals. The completed form was stapled into my passport. They did not ask for an updated form two weeks ago when I renewed. Last year's form is still in my passport.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 23, 2019, 4:18 pm

They will fill in one for you to sign when you get your extension, possibly if you ask when you do a 90 day, Udon is not asking for more than the first one at the moment.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 23, 2019, 4:40 pm

that's why I always go in for my extension renewal 30 days early.. If something off the wall pops up, I've got plenty of time to attend to it...
Dave

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 23, 2019, 5:32 pm

OK, WTF is a TM30 ? Been doing retirement for What 15+ years and never been asked for the animal.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » July 23, 2019, 6:11 pm

RLTrader wrote:
July 23, 2019, 5:32 pm
OK, WTF is a TM30 ? Been doing retirement for What 15+ years and never been asked for the animal.
Tm 30 is the requirements of immigration for hoteliers. Guest house owners. Even home owner's etc to fill in (or on line) the form about the arrival of foreigners within 24hours of arrival. They i/o have been enforcing this for about one year now.
I'm due application for extension next week. I don't see any problem with this as last year they filled one out and stapled into my passport 😂

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 23, 2019, 6:22 pm

Well my extension last was in Jan 2019 and as before None was asked for or stapled into my passport, guess I and many others are the exception. Go figure. Maybe it is because I submit a copy of my Yellow Book, which sounds like the SameFuckenThing.

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Post by Manxlad » July 23, 2019, 7:14 pm

Here ya go RL Trader all answered
A Quick-Fire Guide to the TM30 Form: Reporting Your Stay

The TM30 form is an immigration requirement. The law governing this form aims to ensure transparency in the accommodation details of foreigners staying in Thailand.

It must be completed by the landlord of a property to report the stay of guests within 24 hours of their arrival.

If you are simply coming on holiday to stay in a hotel you won't need to worry about this requirement. Generally this is only relevant to the following people:

Those staying with a Thai friend
Those staying in any type of unlicensed (as a hotel) property
Those who own a home in Thailand (and reside there)
Those who co-own a home in Thailand (and reside there)
Why Does the TM30 Form Exist?

The form is designed to report non-Thai nationals staying in the country, be it a short-term or long-term residence.

What is important to remember is that this applies to any Thai person putting up a foreign national in the Kingdom, but also applies to a foreigner who owns or co-owns a home in Thailand – even if you are the sole occupant.

If you stay in a condo or apartment block, the owner is required to register you.

The TM30 aims to provide effective monitoring, so foreign criminals are less likely to choose Thailand as a place to hide out. The TM30 takes immigration tracking beyond the airport or land border and to the residence of each individual.

The form is also used as a means of providing information on tourism. The number of foreigners staying in the country is tracked, as well as the most popular locations picked by foreign travelers.

The data collected can also be used to identify foreigners who work illegally in the country, as well as those who have overstayed their visas.

While some might feel the rule is an invasion of privacy, it is there to protect the country – despite its lack of proper enforcement over the years.

TM30 Law & Application

The law governing the TM30 form was introduced a long time ago alongside the Hotel Act of 2005, but has since expanded beyond hotels to cover landlords owning properties or units that are not classified as hotels.

This was necessary to include condo rentals and other unlicensed businesses that put up guests, such as those found on the likes of AirBnB. It also covers Thai individuals and families who host foreign nationals.

To reiterate: anyone who offers accommodation needs to comply with the law by reporting any foreign national staying on the property. The report must be completed not only by hotels and serviced apartments but also by landlords of private properties.

It is the landlord’s responsibility to submit the TM30, but if the landlord doesn't then the guest should raise the issue, as it is a legal requirement.

In 10 years I've never been asked for a TM30, but since stories of fines started popping up a couple of years ago, I now ensure wherever I am staying has reported my residence; except for hotels when traveling, of course.

The reason I do this is because I don't want a fine when they don't see my registration on the computer during a visa renewal.

tm30-form-thailand
This is the TM30 form. You can fill one out at immigration or report online.

Who Needs to Be Registered?

If you're staying in a hotel or other business licensed to receive guests then that business will report your stay for you. Indeed, tourists won't even know this reporting has happened.

Note, however, if you are on a long-stay visa and plan on extending (a retirement extension, for example), immigration require you to have submitted a TM30 within 24 hours, whether on your behalf by a landlord or yourself as a property owner. So do make sure it is done.

The TM30 is divided into two separate forms, and the second form allows the landlord to register multiple people. So if you are staying in a group at non-licensed accommodation, your landlord can report you all on the same form.

Some of you might wonder, should I still report myself if I have a yellow house book (tabien baan) or co-own the property I’ll be staying in?

The answer is yes.

Even if you own or co-own the house, you must complete the form within 24 hours of arriving at the property – be it online or at immigration.

If you are staying in a friend’s house, your friend still needs to submit the TM30 form. The same applies to any foreigner who is married to a Thai and carries a Thai visa.

In recent times, expatriates who have been living in Thailand for many years fallen foul of a fine for failing to re-register their home addresses when leaving and returning to their residence.

For instance, an expat who lives permanently in Thailand and travels to other places within the country needs to re-register once returning from travelling.

Your latest place of residence must be reported and logged in the immigration database, in accordance with Section 37 (2) of the Thailand Immigration Act of 1979.

TM30 Requirements

To report your stay, you'll need the following:

Copy of your passport’s photo page
Copy of your passport visa page
Copy of your departure card
The landlord will need:

Copy of his/her title deed
Copy of the rental contract
Remember: each time you visit Thailand a TM30 needs to be filed, because your arrival number will change.

Also note that the TM30 is not the same as 90-day reporting. Though you may be fined if you go to do your 90-day reporting and a TM30 hasn't been filed since your arrival.

Online Registration

The good news is that neither you (the home owner) or your landlord need to fill out a form or go down to an immigration office. You can report online, when it works, that is!

Most hotels and registered businesses use TM30 online reporting.

Online registration is available here.

You need to first request a username and password, and then log on to register.

What Happens If I Fail to Register?

Whether Thai or foreign landlord living in Thailand, make sure to register new guests within 24 hours.

Even if a guest leaves and then returns a month later, you need to report this again.

The fine for not reporting is 1,600 Baht per person.

As a tenant or guest, you should ask your landlord if you have already been reported. If your landlord is not willing to report you, then you can try moving to another place or you can report yourself on his/her behalf. That being said, to report yourself you need the aforementioned documents from your landlord.

There are cases when long-term tenants find out that they haven’t been reported by their landlords, and these issues often arise at the Immigration department either for a 90-day check-in or visa renewal.

If you’re a foreigner who has been staying in a property for a couple of days, you might want to befriend your landlord and enquire as to whether you have been reported.

TM30 Rules – Q&A Summary

Do I need to register if:

A. I am staying in a hotel?

No. The hotel will do it.

B. I am staying with a friend/ partner?

No, you don't. But yes, the person you are staying with needs to register.

C. More than one person is staying at my property?

Yes.

D. I am living in my own home?

Yes.

E. I am a co-owner of a home?

Yes.

F. I left my primary residence and went on holiday in Thailand, then came back again to my primary residence?

Yes. The hotel would have registered you when you arrived, so when you return to your primary residence you will need to register again.

If you are staying with a Thai national and the person isn't sure what to do, they can read this TM30 guide in Thai.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 23, 2019, 7:28 pm

F. I left my primary residence and went on holiday in Thailand, then came back again to my primary residence?

Yes. The hotel would have registered you when you arrived, so when you return to your primary residence you will need to register again.
You live in Udon. You go to Nong Khai for one night and stay at a hotel. When you return to Udon the next day you must report to Udon immigration.

Absolutely absurd.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 23, 2019, 7:35 pm

What is the source of this information ie do you have a link?

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 23, 2019, 7:55 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 23, 2019, 7:35 pm
Hope you didn't waste your time reading that spiel of BS

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 23, 2019, 8:03 pm

RLTrader wrote:
July 23, 2019, 6:22 pm
Well my extension last was in Jan 2019 and as before None was asked for or stapled into my passport, guess I and many others are the exception. Go figure. Maybe it is because I submit a copy of my Yellow Book, which sounds like the SameFuckenThing.
I've had a Yellow Book for a decade. Didn't matter. They wanted the owner of the land where I live to sign the TM-30. It was out of the blue. Never had to do it in eight previous extensions until last year. They didn't ask this year. Still have last year's TM-30 in the passport.

Like I always say: What happens for you or me or someone else today, may not happen for anyone tomorrow.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 23, 2019, 8:12 pm

RLTrader wrote:
July 23, 2019, 7:55 pm
jackspratt wrote:
July 23, 2019, 7:35 pm
Hope you didn't waste your time reading that spiel of BS
After reading the first couple of lines, I wondered where it had originated from - hence my question.

For example, if it is taken direct from Thai Visa, I won't bother reading further. If it is from an official source, it may be worth spending a couple of minutes on. :D

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 23, 2019, 8:32 pm

Udon's attitude to the TM30 is very practical, so not an issue. I didn't realise i had ever done one, but yes, at the extension last year they did staple an extra document to my passport and told me not to remove it, It is so well stapled on you cannot open or read it either!

There are stories of people in Bangkok taking hours to do a 90 day report and a whole day for a retirement extension. We are indeed lucky. I haven't even spent 15 minutes getting 90 day reports and re-entry permits. Even a marriage extension is done in an hour usually.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 23, 2019, 11:09 pm

Lone Star wrote:
July 23, 2019, 8:03 pm
RLTrader wrote:
July 23, 2019, 6:22 pm
I've had a Yellow Book for a decade. Didn't matter. They wanted the owner of the land where I live to sign the TM-30. It was out of the blue. Never had to do it in eight previous extensions until last year. They didn't ask this year. Still have last year's TM-30 in the passport.

Like I always say: What happens for you or me or someone else today, may not happen for anyone tomorrow.
As I mentioned, Udon are not (at the present time) asking for an updated TM30 if you are living in the same place even if you take a trip somewhere else in Thailand where the hotel will submit a TM30 or overseas.

So once you have the first TM30 in your passport you will not be asked to fill in another.

This information is only for Udon immigration. Other offices may, some do, require a new TM30 each time you have been away from your home for 1 or more nights.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 24, 2019, 7:41 am

rick wrote:
July 23, 2019, 8:32 pm
Udon's attitude to the TM30 is very practical, so not an issue. I didn't realise i had ever done one, but yes, at the extension last year they did staple an extra document to my passport and told me not to remove it, It is so well stapled on you cannot open or read it either!

There are stories of people in Bangkok taking hours to do a 90 day report and a whole day for a retirement extension. We are indeed lucky. I haven't even spent 15 minutes getting 90 day reports and re-entry permits. Even a marriage extension is done in an hour usually.
Absolutely.

I have a close friend in Surin who told me recently that he regularly goes through 3+ hours every time he renews his visa. He's been here for years. They all know him. His paperwork is always prepared well. He told me that he is seriously considering moving to another area of Thailand for that reason alone.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » July 30, 2019, 12:13 pm

Sorry for resurrecting this again for the guy's who had the form stapled into their passport.
I'm on with sorting out the paperwork for extension.
Did anyone actually check whats been stapled. Thought I'd better check. Found that there's two in there the TM 28 & TM 30 .
Once more into the breach Mr Christian 😂😂😂

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 30, 2019, 4:56 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
July 30, 2019, 12:13 pm
Sorry for resurrecting this again for the guy's who had the form stapled into their passport.
I'm on with sorting out the paperwork for extension.
Did anyone actually check whats been stapled. Thought I'd better check. Found that there's two in there the TM 28 & TM 30 .
Once more into the breach Mr Christian 😂😂😂
That is standard, though I have unstapled mine as things like that make damaging the pages easy, and have them tucked in the back, immigration has no problem with that.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » July 30, 2019, 5:59 pm

Hoopoe wrote:

Last year had two pieces of paper in PP, this year only one, the white one no more, go figure?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 30, 2019, 6:34 pm

Airportwo wrote:
July 30, 2019, 5:59 pm
Hoopoe wrote:

Last year had two pieces of paper in PP, this year only one, the white one no more, go figure?
The TM28 and TM30 do not expire and are not renewed annually, so if you had both in you passport you should still have them there now.

Information for Udon immigration only, other offices may differ.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”