rich indians to the rescue of thai tourism

Thailand news, views and comments
vlad
udonmap.com

Re: rich indians to the rescue of thai tourism

Post by vlad » July 12, 2019, 10:52 am

I read on Pattaya One news yesterday that a new law is about to become what will surely drive the final nail into the tourism board. Anyone not a thai resident will be made to take the thai Rd licence for riding hired bikes and a 1k fine and even prison is on the table, more if the bike shop allows his bikes to be hired. What will happen to all bike hirers if this is true ?? I honestly think someone has been to to force tourist away even to let it go to the wall and lose millions in the process. Surely TAT can see what they are damaging this sector with there greed and ideas of boosting Tourism.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 12, 2019, 1:21 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 12, 2019, 8:22 am
Was reading yesterday guy from the TAT finally giving some more realistic information reference European tourist nubers and its was grim .. 25 to 30 % down on last year and last year had already seen a down turn in arrivals.

The official commented on empty bars restaurant night clubs beaches and hotels .. and in his opinion the best days of Pattaya with regard to euorpean is over .

PATTAYA is on its arse .. its confirmed so thay are gonnaneed all thses high rolling scatter cash curry munchers to take up the slack .. good luck with that ..

I hope Kat will manage and some how bite the bullet on her rules regarding her occupation :lol: :lol:
Spot On =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Pays to stay up in Udon Thani, even Rats wont buy a plane ticket to Udon if they can get something for free.

There is no way that these "Oxygen Thieves" will add any value to the economy or the society as a whole. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 12, 2019, 1:26 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
The official commented on empty bars restaurant night clubs beaches and hotels .. and in his opinion the best days of Pattaya with regard to euorpean is over.

PATTAYA is on its arse .. its confirmed so thay are gonnaneed all thses high rolling scatter cash curry munchers to take up the slack .. good luck with that ..
DM, I'm curious about your opinion, as you've been here much longer than I. Do you think that the same applies to the main entertainment districts of Bangkok, -- Soi Cowboy, Nana and Patpong?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 12, 2019, 1:51 pm

vlad wrote:
July 12, 2019, 10:52 am
I read on Pattaya One news yesterday that a new law is about to become what will surely drive the final nail into the tourism board. Anyone not a thai resident will be made to take the thai Rd licence for riding hired bikes and a 1k fine and even prison is on the table, more if the bike shop allows his bikes to be hired. What will happen to all bike hirers if this is true ?? I honestly think someone has been to to force tourist away even to let it go to the wall and lose millions in the process. Surely TAT can see what they are damaging this sector with there greed and ideas of boosting Tourism.
Sometimes helps to read past the headline, vlad.

This is what it says in the main article - seems perfectly reasonable to me:
Pol Maj Arut said that all tourists must be in possession of an international driving licence (or other legal permit) to rent and ride a motorcycle at the resort.
https://www.pattayaone.news/tourists-fa ... i-licence/

So you can take your doom and gloom hat off for a few more days. ;)

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 12, 2019, 2:01 pm

Theres no point in letting the truth stand in the way of a good whinge .
I though Vlad had given up on Thailand and had his eyes and loins trained on P I, of late .
So , why does he care so much about what is , or is not happening here ?
I hope i dont get reported to admin for this , i havent been banned in ages .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 12, 2019, 3:23 pm

I might not retire in Thailand but that doesn't stop me posting. I'll still be a regular visitor and spending at levels that should keep TAT happy.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » July 12, 2019, 3:56 pm

Udon Map wrote:
July 12, 2019, 1:26 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
The official commented on empty bars restaurant night clubs beaches and hotels .. and in his opinion the best days of Pattaya with regard to euorpean is over.

DM, I'm curious about your opinion, as you've been here much longer than I. Do you think that the same applies to the main entertainment districts of Bangkok, -- Soi Cowboy, Nana and Patpong?
all ladyboy bars seem to be flavor of the month at nana and patpong another nail in the coffin for normal punters
the only good Tory is a lavatory

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 12, 2019, 5:03 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Was reading yesterday guy from the TAT finally giving some more realistic information reference European tourist nubers and its was grim .. 25 to 30 % down on last year and last year had already seen a down turn in arrivals.

The official commented on empty bars restaurant night clubs beaches and hotels .. and in his opinion the best days of Pattaya with regard to euorpean is over .

I hope Kat will manage and some how bite the bullet on her rules regarding her occupation :lol: :lol:
'Curry munchers' sounds kind of racist to me, or at the least derogatory. You mentioned before you were 'deeply ashamed'...eh DM, I think not, you is what you is.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 12, 2019, 7:13 pm

vlad wrote:
Why such a serious issue ??
pipoz4444 wrote:
July 12, 2019, 1:21 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Spot On =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Pays to stay up in Udon Thani, even Rats wont buy a plane ticket to Udon if they can get something for free.

There is no way that these "Oxygen Thieves" will add any value to the economy or the society as a whole. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
agree .. udon is where you get off the non air bus to die .. as a mate of mone in bkk often states .. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Udon Map wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

I think obviously these places will be effected but not as harshly as the likes of Patts n Phuket .. lots of working expats in bkk who will go with the flow ..
jackspratt wrote:
July 12, 2019, 1:51 pm
vlad wrote:
Sometimes helps to read past the headline, vlad.

This is what it says in the main article - seems perfectly reasonable to me:
Pol Maj Arut said that all tourists must be in possession of an international driving licence (or other legal permit) to rent and ride a motorcycle at the resort.
https://www.pattayaone.news/tourists-fa ... i-licence/

So you can take your doom and gloom hat off for a few more days. ;)
agree
saint wrote:
July 12, 2019, 2:01 pm
Theres no point in letting the truth stand in the way of a good whinge .
I though Vlad had given up on Thailand and had his eyes and loins trained on P I, of late .
So , why does he care so much about what is , or is not happening here ?
I hope i dont get reported to admin for this , i havent been banned in ages .
A good whinge never harmed a soul as my old gran used to say.
yartims wrote:
July 12, 2019, 3:56 pm
Udon Map wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

all ladyboy bars seem to be flavor of the month at nana and patpong another nail in the coffin for normal punters
Lady boy bars do seem to attract your non conformatist cliente .. posh for weirdos .. but hey ho not suprised they remain busier than the norm beer bar n gogos .. personally i love a nice tastefully attired katoey but its got to have the meat n two veg or waste of time .
newtovillagelife wrote:
July 12, 2019, 5:03 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

'Curry munchers' sounds kind of racist to me, or at the least derogatory. You mentioned before you were 'deeply ashamed'...eh DM, I think not, you is what you is.
indeed the term curry mincher ..sorry muncher is as racist as tommy himself but twas used in a north of England banter jest way.. as for being deeply ashamed ... you see the emoji following ??? .. in fact whilst doing the markets in Uk i had 2 best mates from Donny who were pakkis .. n they recently attended my fathers funeral even tho we hadnt crossed paths in years .. so ... YOU IS WHAT YOU IS.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 12, 2019, 7:21 pm

BTW after todays press reslease from the TAT you can add Phuket to the doom n gloom list as far as Europens tourism is going ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 12, 2019, 7:35 pm

I have a couple of Black friends also...wink...wink :-"

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » July 12, 2019, 8:53 pm

vlad wrote:
vlad i seem to recall you being finished with thailand a good few years ago,called phuket for everything,never again,thai this thai that,but youve never moved on?is that not a sign of madness? doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results? ''doctor doctor everytime i poke my finger in my eye it hurts"" doctor,'''well don,t do it vlad''?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » July 12, 2019, 10:04 pm

As i have mentioned many time's one of the main reasons is for my friends i like to visit in udon and the temperature. Your footy tean might be crap but you will carry on supporting them. I did slag off Phuket a few years ago and it now has been realised with falling numbers and empty hotels. I am looking to P I and vietnam and with the falling pound to the baht i wont be alone. Im just looking elsewhere now for a change TAXI so you don't need to keep reminding me how i feel about patts and phuket its been proven even by TAT it is struggleing.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » July 12, 2019, 11:13 pm

Stop reminding everyone how bad thailand is then? stop poking yourself in the eye year after year and move on?its that simple?you only come for 2 weeks a year anyway,not like you have to up sticks sell property and relocate?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » July 12, 2019, 11:43 pm

A know all have you met me ?? No I lived in udon for a year and stay usually for a month n a half so if your throwing it about at least get your facts right.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 13, 2019, 2:06 am

We're a broad mosque.

Keep posting Vlad. I might not agree with your some or many of your posts but they are just about always a good read.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » July 13, 2019, 3:10 am

If your happy living here where the Scams are worse and curruption is worse and the rock has been squeezed enough then fair play for you for sticking up for it. Never forget you are not wanted here and not made to feel welcome. I for one would rather spending my money where I'm appreciated and welcomed instead of getting ripped off daily or having to have a thai friend to buy things you want as you know you will be charged the farang price. So crack on having a go at me or simply don;t read my posts if it annoys you.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » July 13, 2019, 12:44 pm

vlad wrote:
July 12, 2019, 11:43 pm
A know all have you met me ?? No I lived in udon for a year and stay usually for a month n a half so if your throwing it about at least get your facts right.
so you come to a place that you don,t like for a month and a half every year?and when your not in thailand you spend most of your time on a thai forum complaining about thailand??? =D> =D> =D> well done vlad , well done =D> =D> =D>

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » July 13, 2019, 1:10 pm

I liked coming otherwise I wouldn't fly for 13 hours but the last few visits have seen it decline so i don't understand why you have a problem with my decistion to look elsewhere. I think your bored because you don't have anyone to belittle about on here so your moaning about me. Many don't live here but like to see whats going on on the forum or are you saying you shuoldn't post unless you live here. you will soon get bored then dissapear again for a few Monthes then come back to have a go at someone usually 747 is your target.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » July 13, 2019, 2:11 pm

image.jpeg
Indian Rescue Party
Walking Street is rescued......Phew!
[-o<
Voiceover for hire.

Return to “Thailand News”