U.S. Politics

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Lone Star News *Trigger Warning*

Post by GT93 » July 11, 2019, 8:26 am

Effectively fired by Trump and Johnson. It's extraordinary. One headline in The Guardian ( :lol: ) was "Now Britain risks becoming a vassal of the US".

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Democrats, Republicans and Elections

Post by GT93 » July 11, 2019, 8:29 am

I was under the impression that Team Trump took a bit of a whack in the mid-terms. I, of course, spend less time following this than LS.

joudon
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by joudon » July 11, 2019, 8:30 am

What appears evident to me is that the high echelons of the UK's civil service and diplomatic corps are out to wreck Brexit.
The 'planned' leaks from the UK's US ambassador are just a cynical ploy to damage UK/US relations along with any trade deal. It is like the EU's 4th Reich must be preserved at all cost.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: Will der Führer make the Grade.

Post by papafarang » July 11, 2019, 8:34 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 10, 2019, 11:09 am
Pocahontas 20%
Senator Kamasutra 18%

Lone Star, it seems you no longer hide your blatant RACISM....or maybe you just aren't educated enough to know how to spell the Senators names.

Why not defend your racist name calling?????
I guess der Führer is trumps tag then , I think that's suitable without being racist
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 11, 2019, 9:41 am

papafarang wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:34 am
I guess der Führer is trumps tag then , I think that's suitable without being racist
It is also ignorant and idiotic, but considering the source....
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 11, 2019, 9:46 am

GT93 wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:29 am
I was under the impression that Team Trump took a bit of a whack in the mid-terms.
They did. Fortunately, at least for Trump supporters, the Democrats still don't have a clue about what's going on.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 11, 2019, 10:36 am

Rex Murphy, a Canadian political commentator, does not believe that citing Nazi policies and linking them to Trump and the U.S.A. is a wise or legitimate way to gain political points
Rex Murphy: Citing the Holocaust to prop up polls is beyond despicable

Dislike Trump. Despise him. But don’t splatter the president with the libel that he or America are replicating Himmler’s inferno

When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.
— Thomas Grey

The second half of that illustrious aphorism is not taken by sane people as a recommendation, but then most people are not politicians (which is a good thing) and most politicians are not Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (which is a planetary blessing.)

Ocasio-Cortez, the Twitter queen of the Democratic party and reigning star of the Democratic Congressional caucus, has been on a rampage in her opposition to Donald Trump, and most particularly in her opposition to his attempted responses to the crisis at the U.S. southern border, which has been deluged by a record number of undocumented immigrants from Central America. This is the border crisis that Ocasio-Cortez, and many of her exemplary colleagues, plus her trumpeters in the press, (a) denied up until a month ago was a crisis and (b) claimed that the idea that it was a crisis was just a trumped-up (pun absolutely deliberate) false alarm by America’s would-be-tyrant president.

This is the border crisis that Ocasio-Cortez … denied up until a month ago was a crisis

When she abandoned her position there was no crisis at all, she jumped to the absolute opposite contention, that it was in fact a super crisis, and that President Trump’s response was nothing less than a totalitarian horror, the setting up of “concentration camps” (migrant detainment centres).

“The U.S. is running concentration camps on our southern border, and that is exactly what they are,” was her opening salvo, and to eliminate any confusion about what she meant and how strongly she meant it, she continued: “I don’t use those words lightly. I use that word because that is what an administration that creates concentration camps is … Never Again means something.”

Now of all the infamies that the various monsters of history have inflicted on the innocent of mankind surely the concentration camps of the Second World War, called into being by Hitler and Himmler, with the singular design of the extermination of every Jew the Nazi regime could bring to them, in conditions of the most brutal and degrading savagery that industrial-scale murder overseen by sadistic torturers and brutalist guards could achieve — those camps, the death factories of a Holocaust, may claim to be the mountain summit of human-made horror and woe.

The Holocaust and all its attendant slaughters is not a brand to be picked up lightly to prop up a poll or grab a headline, or to show oneself a leader in the absurdly denominated “Resistance” conducted by Hillary-ite dead-enders and talk-show chatter machines to a democratically elected president. Dislike Trump. Despise him. Campaign against him. But don’t splatter the president or the United States with the libel that he or America are replicating Himmler’s inferno in 2019. The charge is, as the Jerusalem Post states, “a desecration of the Holocaust itself,” and as politics it is beyond despicable.

Children hauled from their own mothers’ weeping arms, infants plucked from their breasts and tossed into ovens, dogs ripping at the prisoners as they were cattle-pronged into the gas chambers under the whips and rods of the guards — starved, worked to near death, spat on and more — the concentration camps of Nazi Germany were the “darkness visible” of human hate and evil made flesh.

The charge is, as the Jerusalem Post states, 'a desecration of the Holocaust itself'

Ocasio-Cortez was not alone in her unfathomable distortions and recklessness. Another ignoramus, also a Congresswoman, “argued” as there were “camps” on the southern border and people were “concentrated” in them — so, there you have it, they are concentration camps. This is the thinking of a high-school smart-aleck, out of the mouth of a member of the House of Representatives. None of Trump’s overwrought critics thought to note that Obama the Good had set up the same camps, had the same facilities. Under Obama, of course, they were to be regarded as spas or tanning salons.

Those on the southern border have walked their way TO the “camps.”

She might ask are those presently housed working rock piles till they drop and are taken for gassing? Are they being thrown on electrified barbed wire for the amusement of the guards? Do they bear the infamous tattooed numbers on their wrists? Who at the southern border is in charge of the medical experiments, the surgeries without anesthetic, the barbarities Mengele practiced on twins?

The Holocaust was a universe of intended suffering and death, of which the concentration camps were the constituent planets. There is no possible collation with the events on the present-day southern border of the United States. It is not an error to conflate them: it is a blasphemy against those abandoned souls who were hauled into that universe.

But enough. To ask for logic or fidelity of thought from someone who embraces such rhetorical savagery is futile. The comparison is absolutely odious. And it is a pure toss-up which is worse: if she actually believes what she says, her mind is a vacancy; if she knows it is false, she is a vile and obnoxious charlatan.
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-mu ... despicable

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 11, 2019, 10:54 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 11, 2019, 9:41 am
papafarang wrote:
Yes, ignorant and idiotic.

The biggest reason being that Hitler is probably the most infamous racist of all time. So for a genius to presume to be more polite and replace "racist" with "Hitler" is actually worse, but that choice is not in the least surprising.

Hitler not only admitted his racism in Mein Kampf, but acted on it with his "Final Solution" and the attempted complete extermination of Jews.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 11, 2019, 10:58 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 11, 2019, 9:41 am
papafarang wrote:
:lol: down to name calling :lol: , well he is of german heritage which he's proud of, and der Führer translates into "the leader" so what is idiotic or ignorant about it. I guess you think other posters that use derogatory language about politicians is acceptable ...oh yes sorry your post is about me isn't it :lol: . We're discussing politicians not each other.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 11, 2019, 11:16 am

As most people born in the western world know, Der Fuhrer refers to Hitler. Perhaps, you are the sole exception.

saint
udonmap.com

Re: Lone Star News *Trigger Warning*

Post by saint » July 11, 2019, 12:52 pm

GT93 wrote:
July 11, 2019, 8:26 am
Effectively fired by Trump and Johnson. It's extraordinary. One headline in The Guardian ( :lol: ) was "Now Britain risks becoming a vassal of the US".
He wasnt fired by anyone . He had no choice but to resign , after his comments were leaked , nobody in D C wanted anything to do with him . So he did the honourable thing .
Otherwise he was just a lame duck drawing a huge wage .
I dont feel sorry for him , as he will get a fantastic pension , like forever .
Why are we not seeing more emphasis on were the leak came from , and who was responsible ? Russia maybe ?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 11, 2019, 1:18 pm

S&P breaks 3,000 for the first time. =D>

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 11, 2019, 1:32 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 11, 2019, 11:16 am
As most people born in the western world know, Der Fuhrer refers to Hitler. Perhaps, you are the sole exception.
Well I didn't mention Hitler, I'm sure there are people who would equate trump with hitler. From what I understand hitler was a nut job too. tell the truth it's about being derogatory about politicians . yep that one hurts. perhaps politicians should avoid personal insults , case they get some of their own medication

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 11, 2019, 1:47 pm

It's on.

Oc-Co Loco called House Speaker Pelosi a 'racist'.

Oc-Co Loco to the Washington Post:
But the persistent singling out . . . it got to a point where it was just outright disrespectful . . . the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color.
Referred to Pelosi calling out the radicals in her party who continue to undermine Democrat political strategy.

Don't be shocked. After all, we're talking about LIBs who specialize in name-calling. Now the radicals are going after their leadership.

Omar & Company has become The Committee to Re-Elect Trump.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 11, 2019, 2:15 pm

papafarang wrote:
July 11, 2019, 1:32 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Well I didn't mention Hitler, I'm sure there are people who would equate trump with hitler. From what I understand hitler was a nut job too. tell the truth it's about being derogatory about politicians . yep that one hurts. perhaps politicians should avoid personal insults , case they get some of their own medication
Well, you did mention Der Fuhrer which is the same thing. It is the same as saying El Duce...it is Mussolini. Or saying the Chairman/the Great Helmsman, that is Mao, or Brother Number One - Saloth Sar/Pol Pot.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 11, 2019, 2:16 pm

I consider Trump the Name Caller In Chief. He's an expert at the names - Low Energy Jeb; Crooked Hillary; Lyin' Hillary; Lyin' Ted; Dumb Southerner; Leakin' Lyin' James Comey; Sleepy Creepy Joe etc.

My favourite name - Rocket Man. \:D/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 11, 2019, 2:27 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
I think these days there would be more and more saying "Who was Hitler?" or who knew sod all about the evil one. Too many would be pressed to even name their current Prime Minster / President and his or her leading political opponent.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 11, 2019, 2:31 pm

"As most people born in the western world know, Der Fuhrer refers to Hitler. Perhaps, you are the sole exception"

I also believe it initially means Leader secondly a reference to Hitler. So, he is not the sole exception, there are at least 2 of us, sorry

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 11, 2019, 2:42 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 11, 2019, 2:15 pm
Well, you did mention Der Fuhrer which is the same thing. It is the same as saying El Duce...it is Mussolini. Or saying the Chairman/the Great Helmsman, that is Mao, or Brother Number One - Saloth Sar/Pol Pot.
Factual, historical references are usually lost in Marxist and CBoS word games that regularly try to manipulate the language. Nine of 10 reasonable and intelligent/knowledgeable people would recognize the references immediately.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 11, 2019, 2:47 pm

Trump wins again in court.

The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled against Maryland and DC in their lawsuit against Trump and his hotel in DC as a violation of the emoluments clause. This is the third such GET TRUMP lawsuit relative to emoluments that has been tossed.

The Court was especially aggravated with this suit. The Court said the plaintiffs lacked standing, and ordered the case returned to the lower court and dismissed -- completely.

Return to “U.S. Politics”