Going to Sweden?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Going to Sweden?

Post by Charlieb » July 10, 2019, 11:55 am

Anyone going to Sweden anytime soon? I have a cassette from a video camera that a friend left here - very small.
I have been trying to send via Thai mail. Twice now, after about 2 weeks, the package comes back to me with no explanation.
I have asked if I need to declare customs and am told no since the cassette has almost no commercial value.
So if someone is going I would appreciate it if you take the item and mail it within Sweden.

FWIW, the cassette is for Bjorn Sallberg

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Going to Sweden?

Post by 747man » July 10, 2019, 5:37 pm

Charlieb wrote:
July 10, 2019, 11:55 am
Anyone going to Sweden anytime soon? I have a cassette from a video camera that a friend left here - very small.
I have been trying to send via Thai mail. Twice now, after about 2 weeks, the package comes back to me with no explanation.
I have asked if I need to declare customs and am told no since the cassette has almost no commercial value.
So if someone is going I would appreciate it if you take the item and mail it within Sweden.

FWIW, the cassette is for Bjorn Sallberg
Very Strange that Thai Post won't send it Charlieb !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 11, 2019, 9:53 am

Charlieb wrote:
July 10, 2019, 11:55 am
Anyone going to Sweden anytime soon? I have a cassette from a video camera that a friend left here - very small. I have been trying to send via Thai mail. Twice now, after about 2 weeks, the package comes back to me with no explanation.
One thing I found out the hard way is that it doesn't matter where the addresses are, -- putting the destination address in the obvious place in the center and the return address in the obvious place in the corner doesn't mean anything to Thai Post. For things that I've mailed back to the U.S., unless the destination address is labeled "TO:" in big letters, it's invariably returned to me because they're not sure which address is the addressee and which is the return. At least that's what they've been telling me.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » July 11, 2019, 11:35 am

I think it may be customs. I was under the impression that under $35 no customs required.
How can a cassette be worth more than $35

I will try for the third time I guess and fil out a customs form.. strange that if customs form required the post office would send it twice with no mention of form.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”