Noisy Motorbikes.

Udon Thani news, views and comments
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Noisy Motorbikes.

Post by Old Grumpy » July 8, 2019, 8:43 pm

The police in NWS got serious yesterday on this problem, they visited local schools and removed over a hundred illegally modified motorbikes. Today they rolled a road roller over them. I understand the parents have been told they can have the rest of the bike back after paying 2,000bht fine. About time I think .
ex1.jpg
ex2.jpg
ex3.jpg

Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Natas

Re: Noisy Motorbikes.

Post by Natas » July 8, 2019, 10:27 pm

Great post.. hahaha The Village Scooter gangs.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » July 9, 2019, 6:32 am

I wish the BIB would spend an afternoon in our village , with there roller ...

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 9, 2019, 7:26 am

Thais care about noise, hard to believe...

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » July 9, 2019, 7:47 am

Good idea but did the BIB really crush those mufflers? I don't see a picture of them after the Roller has done it's job, and why would you use a Roller over a Steel Grid.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 9, 2019, 7:55 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
July 9, 2019, 7:47 am
Good idea but did the BIB really crush those mufflers? I don't see a picture of them after the Roller has done it's job, and why would you use a Roller over a Steel Grid.
Your right , makes no sense , and some of those mufflers look like standard manufacturers systems .
Maybe its just all bull to prove or not , that Thailands finest are not just highwaymen . :-" :-"

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » July 9, 2019, 8:07 am

Maybe Old Grumpy can locate an after event photo, he did say that the deed was to be done today, l can then get some sleep tonight.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 9, 2019, 5:12 pm

Crunch
Attachments
safe_image.jpg

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 9, 2019, 6:07 pm

Why do they line them up over a stormwater grate, when all them had to do was move them one meter to the left or right?

Or maybe the roller driver has to follow the White Line, because the Policeman is there with him?? :confused: :confused:

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » July 9, 2019, 6:12 pm

Thanks Parrot, l can now rest easy tonight. ;)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 9, 2019, 6:19 pm

so the bikes get let out of jail when the owner shows up with a stock muffler and/or the appropriate donation?

Since there's not a whole helluva lot of racing tracks up here in Udon you'd think the cops would be hitting the after market shops that sell the prohibited items..
Dave

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » July 9, 2019, 8:08 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
July 9, 2019, 6:19 pm
so the bikes get let out of jail when the owner shows up with a stock muffler and/or the appropriate donation?

Since there's not a whole helluva lot of racing tracks up here in Udon you'd think the cops would be hitting the after market shops that sell the prohibited items..
I asked the police chief that very question, he told me they are aware of three such shops but they can't stop them selling them , that's not against the law, but they have all been warned if they fit them , they will be prosecuted .
No they don't have to bring the stock exhaust with them, the bike is released without any fitted and they sign an agreement to fit a standard item, pay the 2kbht fine, get a receipt, so genuine, and told if caught again the bike is confiscated permanently .I also asked why they didn't check the kids for licenses, helmets at the same time. which seemed a logical thing to do in my book, but was told that's for another day . :-"
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » July 9, 2019, 10:41 pm

Heineken did a cheeky advert in the UK years ago showing the road dug up and all the water electric and gas co all using the same hole.
Heineken could do a similar add in Thailand showing the police stopping for helmets tax ins drink driving all at the same time what a refreshing change.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 10, 2019, 3:36 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 9, 2019, 6:07 pm
Why do they line them up over a stormwater grate, when all them had to do was move them one meter to the left or right?

Or maybe the roller driver has to follow the White Line, because the Policeman is there with him?? :confused: :confused:

pipoz4444
Because that would involve thought and logic , but rest easy , the drain that that grate covered was probably full of rubbish anyway .
Just another photo opp for Thailands finest to show the gullible public they are doing such a great job .
Why does it need three men to drive a road roller ?

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » July 10, 2019, 5:58 am

i wonder if the 3 BIB,now qualify for their ''road roller '' medals?,can see a big presentation coming up

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » July 10, 2019, 6:27 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
July 9, 2019, 8:08 pm
I also asked why they didn't check the kids for licenses, helmets at the same time. which seemed a logical thing to do in my book, but was told that's for another day . :-"
I have also thought the same and maybe it's the offenders ability to pay the fine on the spot, I suspect most Thai's will have 200bht in their pocket, 2 or 3 offences might be difficult.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » July 10, 2019, 6:43 am

I,ve also noticed in at the village condo where many " tech students " live the " CC " size of the motorbikes is rising quite quickly , a year or two ago it was all Waves , clicks and the odd 150cc honda , now there are well over a dozen bikes going up from the 150cc to 650cc Hondas and Kawasaki's , is it all on Credit or Rich mummy and daddys ???

I also saw on the news some 13 year old boy had his foot ripped off in Chang Mai after his parents bought him a 1000cc superbike and he stuffed it into a SUV .

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » July 10, 2019, 7:08 am

timmy wrote:
July 10, 2019, 6:43 am
I,ve also noticed in at the village condo where many " tech students " live the " CC " size of the motorbikes is rising quite quickly , a year or two ago it was all Waves , clicks and the odd 150cc honda , now there are well over a dozen bikes going up from the 150cc to 650cc Hondas and Kawasaki's , is it all on Credit or Rich mummy and daddys ???

I also saw on the news some 13 year old boy had his foot ripped off in Chang Mai after his parents bought him a 1000cc superbike and he stuffed it into a SUV .
Yer right there, I come and go to LOS on a regular basis, this trip I notice a sharp increase in big bikes on the road from 4 months ago, also the bike shops have more on display.
Spoilt brat mode comes to mind "If my Little Baby wants he must have".

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » July 10, 2019, 7:24 am

So what about the bikes that have aftermarket exhausts with mufflers fitted,are they ok.I think if you fit an aftermarket
exhaust you should have a receipt from the bike checkers (like MOT) to say it passes the test on DB levels and can be produced on demand.
Imagine a line of Harley exhausts

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » July 10, 2019, 7:26 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
July 10, 2019, 7:08 am
timmy wrote:
July 10, 2019, 6:43 am

Yer right there, I come and go to LOS on a regular basis, this trip I notice a sharp increase in big bikes on the road from 4 months ago, also the bike shops have more on display.
Spoilt brat mode comes to mind "If my Little Baby wants he must have".
So does that mean you are a part THAImer

Return to “Udon Thani News”