Shopping Today

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Re: Shopping Today

Post by GARYZX6R » July 4, 2019, 8:58 pm

If looking for Tesco finest range best selection is at the Nong Khai Tesco. Biscuts ,sauces,crisps,chocolate etc. Udon Thani Tescos are pityful. But hey we are getting Tescos budget range woppy doo..

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » July 4, 2019, 11:05 pm

Wheres my Tesco shortcake biscuits! 45 Baht
Old Tesco discontinued!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 10, 2019, 2:16 pm

For some reason Ngeesoon seems to offer more freebies than other stores. The other big chains offer them, but not as often....it seems.
I like to think I don't succumb to the psychology of buying something just because it comes with a freebie.....my corn flakes and orange juice are pretty much a part of my daily diet. So when the prices are cheaper than almost anywhere else and the items come with freebies....well, that's just a good deal.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 11, 2019, 1:55 pm

Tops expanded their store.....probably about 30%. The staff is still rearranging items, so it remains to be seen what the final layout will be like.
While at Tops, it looked like a Carnival Cruise liner came to town....there were many many handfuls of foreigners browsing the aisles and eating at the food court. No evidence of any mass exodus.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 11, 2019, 3:38 pm

choi choi wrote:
July 4, 2019, 11:05 pm
Wheres my Tesco shortcake biscuits! 45 Baht
Old Tesco discontinued!
They've Got Them in Tesco's Nong Khai,But.............They are now 59 Baht..... :shock: :shock:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 18, 2019, 7:00 pm

I've been shopping at Ngeesoon for as long as I've been here. I knew the owners before they died....and back years ago, there was no Tesco, so shopping choices were more limited. I know what products they carry and it's pretty easy to go in and get what I need.....no crowds or long lines. And their prices are almost always cheaper than Tesco or Big C or Tops. And Ngeesoon frequently tapes freebies to their products...something I rarely see in the other stores.
Today's deals:
A half kilo of Nestle Corn Flakes + 10% free for 85 Baht. That's easily 15% less than any other store that I'm aware of.
And Tipco juice.....almost always cheaper in Ngeesoon.....54 Baht for a liter. Today with a 3pack of Tipco juice for free.
Attachments
corn.JPG
juice.JPG

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 18, 2019, 8:18 pm

parrot wrote:
November 18, 2019, 7:00 pm
I've been shopping at Ngeesoon for as long as I've been here. I knew the owners before they died....and back years ago, there was no Tesco, so shopping choices were more limited. I know what products they carry and it's pretty easy to go in and get what I need.....no crowds or long lines. And their prices are almost always cheaper than Tesco or Big C or Tops. And Ngeesoon frequently tapes freebies to their products...something I rarely see in the other stores.
Today's deals:
A half kilo of Nestle Corn Flakes + 10% free for 85 Baht. That's easily 15% less than any other store that I'm aware of.
And Tipco juice.....almost always cheaper in Ngeesoon.....54 Baht for a liter. Today with a 3pack of Tipco juice for free.

If you also check Malee all were 46฿, but nothing free with them. Bought 3, along with 1 Tipco with the freebees @54฿ a flavor Malee does not have, Cranberry.

Have seen these same items at Tesco @ around the high 60's. Maybe a week ago pointed out to wife that the Cranberry was 70฿ at Big Tesco.

A Long time back switch from Malle to Tipco because their price jump. Today I was thinking Why 46฿? Did sales #'s drop? Both about the same, except Malle Guava I like better.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”