worldcup women

General sports news and discussions.
kopkei
udonmap.com

worldcup women

Post by kopkei » June 21, 2019, 7:01 am

strange no one is following this world cup here , they are all probably sound a sleep at the other world cup .. :lol:
anyway the women are playing better than the boring men ...we will be having some strong knock out stages games the next day's
KNOCKOUT PHASE
Round of 16:
Saturday 22 June
38: Germany v Nigeria (17:30, Grenoble)
37: Norway v Australia (21:00, Nice)
Sunday 23 June
39: England v Cameroon (17:30, Valenciennes)
40: France v Brazil (21:00, Le Havre)
Monday 24 June
41: Spain v United States (18:00, Reims)
42: Sweden v Canada (21:00, Paris)
Tuesday 25 June
43: Italy v China (18:00, Montpellier)
44: Netherlands v Japan (21:00, Rennes)
as info ... ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: worldcup women

Post by stattointhailand » June 21, 2019, 11:08 am

Why do you think it's strange?

The Nations Cup finals were last week, The Copa America is currently taking place in Brazil. The European U21's are underway in Italy, The African Cup of Nations is about to start in Egypt and if anyone was really desperate for some football you could always watch Mexico in the CONCACAF Gold Cup :oops:

I have seen a few segments on ESPN about the women, but even they seem to find it a problem to muster any enthusiasm.
They have an ex womens world cup player who says things like "xxxxxx scored in the 79th minute and that makes her the leading scorer in WORLD CUP HISTORY ....... and I (and i'm sure most others) have never even heard of her.
Just about the only things to have come out of the tournament so far, are, that an American woman can count to five on her fingers whilst over celebrating the 12th or 13th goal against the opposition =D> =D> :roll: , and that in an attempt to raise the profile of the competition the organisers are desperate for the hosts to do well to the extent that when they didnt look like winning they gifted them a penalty, when they then missed it, they used VAR to prove the goalkeeper was a few mms off the line requiring it to be retaken, when they scored the retaken penalty VAR conveniently failed to notice that several French forwards had encroached by 2 metres (not mm) so it was NOT again retaken [-X [-X [-X

I suppose its summed up really by the fact that England played Scotland (The old enemy) and it got more coverage in the American Press than it did in UK ....... on a scale of 1(min) - 10 (max) for interest Womens World Cup probably ranks between 1 and 2

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 21, 2019, 11:33 am

It depends on which country you live in. Here in Toronto, the media are trying to whip up some enthusiasm for the games, but outside of a few female soccer fans, it is going to be a tough goal to achieve. So there is some interest for the women's world cup in Canada, but not much...maybe 3-4 on your scale.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 21, 2019, 12:50 pm

Same here in the UK. The BBC is in overdrive trying to promote it. It's an enjoyable watch in it's own way but, not comparable to mens football so, why try?

In a perverse way I almost hope England get knocked out and the Beeb are left with a prime time slot to show Sweden play Canada!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 21, 2019, 11:32 pm

Sweden vs. Canada might surprise, and be a good game.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 25, 2019, 4:13 am

The Swedish goalkeeper came up big, and Sweden pushed Canada aside, 1-0.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 25, 2019, 6:12 am

Seems the women don't cry as much.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 25, 2019, 7:46 am

best match yesterday Spain-USA , the women play better football than the men , USA awarded 2 penalties , the second one was not a penalty to me , but that not whats counting , Spain out...
today the underdogs from Holland against Japan , and Italy should not have problems with China , but it still is a game ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 25, 2019, 2:13 pm

Why do you think Italy (a team that hasn't even competed at this stage for 20 odd years) would "not have problems with China" ?
their world rankings are 15 & 16 which would tend to suggest a much closer match

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 26, 2019, 7:12 am

my comment was based on their performance here , rankings mean nothing if at the time you don't play well,and my prediction was not of...the dutch ? lucky penalty ,was again not a penalty to me , from now on during training will be the goal of kicking the ball accurately against an arm :(

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 27, 2019, 3:17 am

kopkei wrote:
June 26, 2019, 7:12 am
my comment was based on their performance here , rankings mean nothing if at the time you don't play well,and my prediction was not of...the dutch ? lucky penalty ,was again not a penalty to me , from now on during training will be the goal of kicking the ball accurately against an arm :(
Yes, I felt sorry for Japan, played better, well organised, but didn't manage to quite finish. Score 1-1 and then in c the 88th minute a questionable penalty against them. Lucky Netherlands.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 3, 2019, 11:23 am

Cup of tea, anybody?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFOSsadm69k

2-1 victory over the Brittles. On to the final.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 3, 2019, 4:56 pm

yep , very good game , the Americans good luck twice , 1 goal of the Britts just offside,and a very bad taken penalty stopped by the American goal keeper , today Sweden-Holland , my money is on Holland , but as i said before it still is a game that has to be played , good or bad ? depending the form of the day.... ;)

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 8, 2019, 12:02 pm

Still winning.

Return to “World Sports”