Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 12, 2019, 1:44 am

747man wrote:
June 11, 2019, 11:28 am
DM Quoted his Old Friend who said....As my old mate Tony Prenders used to say .. anyone that says they didnt come here first time for the pussy is telling porkies ..

How TRUE Is that Jon.....100% I'd Say.....
Yep ,, i would bet my grans false teeth on it Alan .

Please read my post more in depth i do allow for our friends from America whom served here in the army and those glorious pocket bulging oil n gas guys WHO DO IMO .. really help to keep Udons bars flowing ... evening allowing for the odd very odd expat fruitcake eccentric who is super rich and tips in lottery tickets those transient oil fellas are the real BnB for man bars ..

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » June 12, 2019, 5:08 pm

danny the swiss owner of tims gueshouse in sri chiang mai for 0ver 15 years upped and left after his 2nd wife did the dirty so he packed up and left ..sold off all the movable items and his wife took over the guesthouse but it didnt last long and a chinese guy took over and eventully it collapsed .. his wifes family were hitting fridge for beers and it got too much so he told em so and that was the end
the only good Tory is a lavatory

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » June 12, 2019, 5:12 pm

vlad wrote:
June 11, 2019, 1:17 am
Im off to the Philippines but as ive never been b4 im looking for a safe resorty kind of place with a good beach not to commercial. There are literally 100's of Islands so it needs a good Google search to find 5 decent places. Anyone been there and give me some pointers.
consider that expats on PIs usually end up dead when theres a typhoon when the villages get washed away ..but apart from that plenty of choice ..many are never seen again after a typhoon
the only good Tory is a lavatory

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 13, 2019, 6:52 pm

vlad wrote:
June 11, 2019, 1:17 am
Im off to the Philippines but as ive never been b4 im looking for a safe resorty kind of place with a good beach not to commercial. There are literally 100's of Islands so it needs a good Google search to find 5 decent places. Anyone been there and give me some pointers.
Vlad of I were going to the Philippines for the first time I'd head straight for the Orchid Inn in Angeles City. Having said that I haven't been there since 2003 so some more up to date info might be in order. But the Orchid and then just follow your nose up to Fields Avenue. Can't go wrong.
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 13, 2019, 6:59 pm

I just spent a couple of days in Wan Chai, Hong Kong. Had a ball but a night out in Bkk would be about 1/4 of HK prices so the grass isn't always greener. 3 beers and three lady drinks in a Lockart Road go go bar 2300B (yes they saw us coming) Had a day at the races in a super-box at Sha Tin. Anyone who likes a day at the gee gees this is a world class venue.
Watch Me!!

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 13, 2019, 7:43 pm

Next time stay away from Wan Chai, venture into Kowloon, Jordan, Mong Kok, North Point, etc.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 13, 2019, 8:05 pm

I had a friend who retired while in Hawaii. He said retiring there was too expensive so he came to Thailand. He never had anything good to say about Thailand so he moved to Cambodia. After less than a year he came back to Thailand. He said that Cambodia was worse than Thailand. After trying two different Thailand areas, he moved to the PI's. The last I heard from him he liked it there. The next time I heard was from his son. He passed away in the PI's RIP.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 14, 2019, 12:53 am

Marjamlew is there a beach there or is it a city like Udon ?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 14, 2019, 10:57 am

vlad wrote:
June 14, 2019, 12:53 am
Vlad, Wanchai Is The " RED LIGHT " Area of Hong Kong,Sorry NO Beach there......

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » June 14, 2019, 1:44 pm

I think Vlqd be happy where have some night life . live music, Tarts to make you feel at home.
Not a honeymoon setting

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » June 14, 2019, 1:45 pm

I think Vlad be happy where have some night life . live music, Tarts to make you feel at home.
Not a honeymoon setting

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 14, 2019, 7:19 pm

vlad wrote:
June 14, 2019, 12:53 am
Vlad no beach in Angelas City but plenty of bars. More like Pattaya (without the beach) than Udon.
Watch Me!!

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » June 14, 2019, 8:26 pm

marjamlew wrote:
June 13, 2019, 6:59 pm
Had a day at the races in a super-box at Sha Tin. Anyone who likes a day at the gee gees this is a world class venue.
Now that would be a mighty fine time.
I hope you jagged a few winners.
Voiceover for hire.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 14, 2019, 9:29 pm

Thats 1 of the main reasons ive ditched Udon. No beach nothing to do exept wait till the bars open then there dead and your back in your hotel after 12 i at least need a beach after a 13 hour fligt not to sit in bars.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 15, 2019, 9:49 am

Raoul Duke wrote:
June 14, 2019, 8:26 pm
marjamlew wrote:
June 13, 2019, 6:59 pm
Had a day at the races in a super-box at Sha Tin. Anyone who likes a day at the gee gees this is a world class venue.
Now that would be a mighty fine time.
I hope you jagged a few winners.
RD details available through the HK Jockey Club web site. About $130 Oz for access to the box, international buffet and 6 hours of free flow beer, wine and spirits. Generally Wednesday night races at Happy Valley or the weekend at Sha Tin. If you could get a little group together from Udon and do a hit and run couple of nights plus the races it would be well worth it.
I got a couple of each way collects and the trifecta in the last. Happy Days \:D/
Last edited by marjamlew on June 15, 2019, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watch Me!!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 15, 2019, 9:55 am

Miserable people will always whinge and whine regardless of where they are at. It's their nature, Life is what you make it. The vast majority of us are fortunate to have been born in free countries. We have the option to live pretty much wherever and however we like. Consider if you had been born in a muslim country. Miserable people may very well be candidates for a suicide vest. Count your blessings.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 15, 2019, 10:05 am

vlad wrote:
June 14, 2019, 9:29 pm
Thats 1 of the main reasons ive ditched Udon. No beach nothing to do exept wait till the bars open then there dead and your back in your hotel after 12 i at least need a beach after a 13 hour fligt not to sit in bars.
Lot's of lovely hotel pools to sit around or maybe you are better off heading to Cebu Island or even San Fernando - La Union further up the coast in Luzon from Angelas. If it were me going for the first time it would be the Orchid Inn in Angelas all the way.
Attachments
pool14041114050019048481.jpg
Watch Me!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 15, 2019, 10:44 am

glalt wrote:
June 15, 2019, 9:55 am
Consider if you had been born in a muslim country. Miserable people may very well be candidates for a suicide vest. Count your blessings.
Based on posts on UM, I'll be keeping a close watch on the Christian Poms and Yanks then - thanks for the heads up. :roll:

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » June 15, 2019, 7:15 pm

vlad wrote:
Everybody has their reasons to like or dislike Udon. My one and only reason to be in Udon is my wife wants to live there, and for me that is reason enough. Besides I hate getting sand between my toes on the beaches.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » June 15, 2019, 8:26 pm

vlad wrote:
I could never understand that mentality. What's the point of flying across the world to wait on bars to open? A while back I was listening to local radio in the car and some guy, Bazzy from Coventry or whatever and he arrived in Miami and on day one he found Churchill's boozer and was sinking a pint of Guinness in the aircon.

Might as well go to Walney island then back to MK's.

Return to “Travel & Transport”