Blood Pressure Monitors

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Blood Pressure Monitors

Post by parrot » June 11, 2019, 3:49 pm

There's been some discussion (on another thread that I couldn't find) about one blood pressure reading at home and another in the hospital.
If you want to calibrate your blood pressure with the hospital's, it'd be easy enough to take yours along on your next visit. If there's a wide difference in readings, then one of the two is off. If your reading at home is low but at the hospital on the same home device it's high, then maybe white coat hypertension is at play
This article may be of interest:
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/10/heal ... index.html

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » June 11, 2019, 5:00 pm

parrot wrote:
June 11, 2019, 3:49 pm
There's been some discussion (on another thread that I couldn't find) about one blood pressure reading at home and another in the hospital.
If you want to calibrate your blood pressure with the hospital's, it'd be easy enough to take yours along on your next visit. If there's a wide difference in readings, then one of the two is off. If your reading at home is low but at the hospital on the same home device it's high, then maybe white coat hypertension is at play
This article may be of interest:
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/10/heal ... index.html
One small cause, IMHO, of White Coat higher blood pressure is when they take the blood pressure. It is normal to have an increase after walking into exam room and having check as soon as seated. My doctor will recheck if shown high, maybe 10 mins later, and pressure is lower by then. I also agree to take your home monitor to Dr office for comparison, I did that and mine registered 3 or 4 points difference which I consider to be close enough for home monitoring.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 11, 2019, 5:44 pm

I’ve got 2 BP monitors. Left one at home when on job assignment and purchased a 2nd unit. Any way have often compared the 2 at the almost the same time. Whether high or normal they are fairly much the same. Previously I was asked by the doctor to take random checks at no particular time and note down what I was doing just before the check, noting resting, walking, gardening, riding the bike or driving ect ect.This aligns with the memory function within the units and I was able to share with the doctor. You may be surprised how riding a scooter or big bike to the doctors can elevate BP when taken as soon as you walk in. I actually don’t trust the manual pump up BP units some doctors use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » June 12, 2019, 5:22 pm

a chap i know with hereditary heart disease has a fitbit on his wrist and connected to his iphone app which rings for a doctor and ambulance if he has a heart attack .cant recall the name of his complaint as its a long name
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Return to “Health & Beauty”