Immigration Office

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 3673
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Re: Immigration Office

Post by FrazeeDK » May 15, 2019, 7:43 pm

needs a video and spread on social media.. That would bring such activity to a screaming halt..
Dave

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3326
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Immigration Office

Post by tamada » May 15, 2019, 9:04 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 15, 2019, 4:34 pm
This is not a comment on getting a visa but a general observation of the underhanded going ons in there .
Went in earlier this week to renew my retirement visa, wasn't successful due to my stupidity in letting the balance fall below the 800k back in March, only for 7 days and only by 200bht, okay I was in the wrong can't complain even if I do think a bit of discretion could have been used .It's what happened after I thought may be interesting. My companion was
approached, still inside the waiting room by a very fat lady wearing a grey dress and told for 25k she can get the visa for me, no need for money in bank or anything like that , her words, to prove her ability she showed her a fistful of passports, ten according to her, as my problem is not a major one and can be rectified next week, she declined her assistance, afterwards the fat lady went behind the counter and was seen sitting at a table with two guys in yellow shirts,
doing the visa's , certainly looked like it, certainly weren't eating rice .Now my mathematical brain tells me that's a cool quarter of a million baht, just one day and one visit .Nice if you can get it Aye? :-#
The first confirmed sighting of the hitherto unknown and somewhat elusive Udon Thani visa agent in the wild. A truly David Attenborough moment.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3326
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Immigration Office

Post by tamada » May 15, 2019, 9:08 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 15, 2019, 7:43 pm
needs a video and spread on social media.. That would bring such activity to a screaming halt..
I seriously doubt it. Once the source of the nefarious, incriminating video is identified, the computer crime act kicks in with defamation charges following and the perpetrator's feet won't be touching the ground between Phosi and IDC Bangkok.

That's one less 'bad guy' to mess with.

User avatar
Raoul Duke
udonmap.com
Posts: 188
Joined: March 29, 2017, 10:17 am
Location: 76.3 k's south of Laos border

Re: Immigration Office

Post by Raoul Duke » May 16, 2019, 4:27 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 15, 2019, 4:34 pm
a very fat lady wearing a grey dress and told for 25k she can get the visa for me, no need for money in bank or anything like that , her words, to prove her ability she showed her a fistful of passports, ten according to her, as my problem is not a major one and can be rectified next week
25,000 THB to fix a small problem.Very good coin if you can get it.I am sorry that you had to encounter a Fat lady in a grey dress.Oh the horror.
Voiceover for hire.

User avatar
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com
Posts: 147
Joined: April 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Re: Immigration Office

Post by Old Grumpy » May 16, 2019, 5:19 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 15, 2019, 7:43 pm
needs a video and spread on social media.. That would bring such activity to a screaming halt..
In a civilised country possibly, but here no.I would think that there must be CCTV cameras throughout that office, so it would be apparent for anyone interested what is going on to see it, therefore one must come to the conclusion that those up top are either blind or complicit to it .Therefore any action on social media would be concentrated on the person revealing the crime not those committing it.That's how things work under a military dictatorship.

User avatar
maaka
udonmap.com
Posts: 2813
Joined: October 9, 2007, 6:03 am

Re: Immigration Office

Post by maaka » May 16, 2019, 7:07 am

I think it is nice to know ' other services ' are available..good on her to offer assistance..You dont have to accept / except.
Perhaps the man with the 29yrs here, and no visa, wanting to exit homeside without getting caught, could have done with the lady's assistance..Look These things have been going on since Buddha was a boy. things slipped under the counter, midnight boat rides, etc etc...I have used such services in the past. I paid for heads to be turned, and I got what I wanted..everyone was happy nei..

User avatar
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com
Posts: 147
Joined: April 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Re: Immigration Office

Post by Old Grumpy » May 16, 2019, 9:52 am

maaka wrote:
May 16, 2019, 7:07 am
I think it is nice to know ' other services ' are available..good on her to offer assistance..You dont have to accept / except.
Perhaps the man with the 29yrs here, and no visa, wanting to exit homeside without getting caught, could have done with the lady's assistance..Look These things have been going on since Buddha was a boy. things slipped under the counter, midnight boat rides, etc etc...I have used such services in the past. I paid for heads to be turned, and I got what I wanted..everyone was happy nei..
Rather a selfish point of view that, I'm alright Jack aye? Whilst I admit the petty thievery of keeping your 100bht change has gone on for years this has taken extortion to a whole new level, whilst I wouldn't object paying 25k every year , if that was the visa fee, it would be worth it, to me anyway, what gets up my nose is the way this scam works I feel it imply's that I am stupid by falling for it. Well I am not, its obvious to any one with half a brain what's going on, the hunting for the slightest reason to reject your application thereby forcing you into the hands of the fixers, they hope, so they can line their filthy criminal pockets .Some further info on the fixer has come to light, she apparently operates from Bangkok and gets her customers from there, then flies up to Udon with the passports to do the rest of the dirty work. When asked to bring her price down to 20k she replied, that will leave me nothing, so you can gather from that how much she pays her mates to do the rest of the work .Maybe Bangkok Imm might be interested in her activities, if not for the illegal aspect possibly for taking bread from their mouth .

User avatar
BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com
Posts: 209
Joined: October 28, 2010, 6:32 pm

Re: Immigration Office

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 16, 2019, 12:13 pm

800,000bht tied up in a Thai Bank which could go bust over night or 25,000bht under the counter, It's a no brainer.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1121
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Immigration Office

Post by mak » May 16, 2019, 12:50 pm

The local visa office is slightly cheaper. When you're out of options it's time to bite the bullet. Look on the bright side, it's nice to have this as an option.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2513
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Immigration Office

Post by saint » May 16, 2019, 2:36 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 16, 2019, 9:52 am
maaka wrote:
May 16, 2019, 7:07 am
I think it is nice to know ' other services ' are available..good on her to offer assistance..You dont have to accept / except.
Perhaps the man with the 29yrs here, and no visa, wanting to exit homeside without getting caught, could have done with the lady's assistance..Look These things have been going on since Buddha was a boy. things slipped under the counter, midnight boat rides, etc etc...I have used such services in the past. I paid for heads to be turned, and I got what I wanted..everyone was happy nei..
Rather a selfish point of view that, I'm alright Jack aye? Whilst I admit the petty thievery of keeping your 100bht change has gone on for years this has taken extortion to a whole new level, whilst I wouldn't object paying 25k every year , if that was the visa fee, it would be worth it, to me anyway, what gets up my nose is the way this scam works I feel it imply's that I am stupid by falling for it. Well I am not, its obvious to any one with half a brain what's going on, the hunting for the slightest reason to reject your application thereby forcing you into the hands of the fixers, they hope, so they can line their filthy criminal pockets .Some further info on the fixer has come to light, she apparently operates from Bangkok and gets her customers from there, then flies up to Udon with the passports to do the rest of the dirty work. When asked to bring her price down to 20k she replied, that will leave me nothing, so you can gather from that how much she pays her mates to do the rest of the work .Maybe Bangkok Imm might be interested in her activities, if not for the illegal aspect possibly for taking bread from their mouth .
So , let me get this right . This fixer tart gets her punters from BKK ,flys to Udon to get thier visas rubber stamped .
Whilst genuine retirees in Udon , most supporting families , have to do handstands and cartwheels to try and stay legal .
I also heard this fixer has some very influential friends , very influential , yet she comes to Udon to do her dirty work .
The expression do not **** in your own back yard comes to mind .

User avatar
Natas
udonmap.com
Posts: 156
Joined: October 8, 2014, 8:31 am

Re: Immigration Office

Post by Natas » May 16, 2019, 6:00 pm

saint wrote:
May 16, 2019, 2:36 pm
Old Grumpy wrote:
May 16, 2019, 9:52 am
maaka wrote:
May 16, 2019, 7:07 am
I think it is nice to know ' other services ' are available..good on her to offer assistance..You dont have to accept / except.
Perhaps the man with the 29yrs here, and no visa, wanting to exit homeside without getting caught, could have done with the lady's assistance..Look These things have been going on since Buddha was a boy. things slipped under the counter, midnight boat rides, etc etc...I have used such services in the past. I paid for heads to be turned, and I got what I wanted..everyone was happy nei..
Rather a selfish point of view that, I'm alright Jack aye? Whilst I admit the petty thievery of keeping your 100bht change has gone on for years this has taken extortion to a whole new level, whilst I wouldn't object paying 25k every year , if that was the visa fee, it would be worth it, to me anyway, what gets up my nose is the way this scam works I feel it imply's that I am stupid by falling for it. Well I am not, its obvious to any one with half a brain what's going on, the hunting for the slightest reason to reject your application thereby forcing you into the hands of the fixers, they hope, so they can line their filthy criminal pockets .Some further info on the fixer has come to light, she apparently operates from Bangkok and gets her customers from there, then flies up to Udon with the passports to do the rest of the dirty work. When asked to bring her price down to 20k she replied, that will leave me nothing, so you can gather from that how much she pays her mates to do the rest of the work .Maybe Bangkok Imm might be interested in her activities, if not for the illegal aspect possibly for taking bread from their mouth .
So , let me get this right . This fixer tart gets her punters from BKK ,flys to Udon to get thier visas rubber stamped .
Whilst genuine retirees in Udon , most supporting families , have to do handstands and cartwheels to try and stay legal .
I also heard this fixer has some very influential friends , very influential , yet she comes to Udon to do her dirty work .
The expression do not **** in your own back yard comes to mind .
What a funny Thread... Made me laugh reading this.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3326
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Immigration Office

Post by tamada » May 17, 2019, 12:34 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 16, 2019, 9:52 am
maaka wrote:
May 16, 2019, 7:07 am
I think it is nice to know ' other services ' are available..good on her to offer assistance..You dont have to accept / except.
Perhaps the man with the 29yrs here, and no visa, wanting to exit homeside without getting caught, could have done with the lady's assistance..Look These things have been going on since Buddha was a boy. things slipped under the counter, midnight boat rides, etc etc...I have used such services in the past. I paid for heads to be turned, and I got what I wanted..everyone was happy nei..
Rather a selfish point of view that, I'm alright Jack aye? Whilst I admit the petty thievery of keeping your 100bht change has gone on for years this has taken extortion to a whole new level, whilst I wouldn't object paying 25k every year , if that was the visa fee, it would be worth it, to me anyway, what gets up my nose is the way this scam works I feel it imply's that I am stupid by falling for it. Well I am not, its obvious to any one with half a brain what's going on, the hunting for the slightest reason to reject your application thereby forcing you into the hands of the fixers, they hope, so they can line their filthy criminal pockets .Some further info on the fixer has come to light, she apparently operates from Bangkok and gets her customers from there, then flies up to Udon with the passports to do the rest of the dirty work. When asked to bring her price down to 20k she replied, that will leave me nothing, so you can gather from that how much she pays her mates to do the rest of the work .Maybe Bangkok Imm might be interested in her activities, if not for the illegal aspect possibly for taking bread from their mouth .
How many times does one have to feel pressured about the arbitrary 100 baht 'tip' before adopting the rather radical concept of always presenting the exact amount of money for the service being rendered?

Getting upset over what one feels is being 'implied' suggests to me that one is placing far too much truck in the Asian concept of 'face'. IMHO, non-asians don't do 'face'... or rather they don't do it at all well. Unless they've been here too long of course.

Despite the recent income letter kerfuffle and the brand new mandatory insurance 'law', the provenance required to extend both sorts of long-term permission to stay are pretty much cut and dried with each Immigration Offfice's unique peccadilloes and quirks already well discussed, regularly reviewed and pretty much defined. Visiting the office a week or 10 days ahead to check on any changes hasn't reportedly failed anyone yet. That's my half-a-brain opinion after personally enduring a dozen-and-a-half successful, serial extensions at two different offices.

As for trying to get this obviously 'illegal' operation shut down, what if one of the benefactors of her 'scam' is an old gent, nice bloke, quiet, lived here for years, frozen pension, no other sustainable income, no home to go back to, bereft of any sort of financial safety net and barely self-insured. Nonetheless happily married, slipping into his dotage while his progeny finish up at Rajabhat.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3326
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Immigration Office

Post by tamada » May 17, 2019, 2:43 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 16, 2019, 12:13 pm
800,000bht tied up in a Thai Bank which could go bust over night or 25,000bht under the counter, It's a no brainer.
I reckon that most foreigners have their accounts with Bangkok, Siam Commercial, Kasikorn and Krung Thai with some in Krungsri and TMB. Since the BoT cleanup after the 1997 financial crash, I don't see any of those going tits-up while you sleep.

Trivia time... here are the names of the 4 banks that did get shut down, nationalized and/or merged way back then.

Bangkok Bank of Commerce, Bangkok Metropolitan Bank, Siam City Bank and First Bangkok City Bank. None of them were exactly high street entities.

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 8865
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Immigration Office

Post by parrot » May 17, 2019, 9:46 am

tamada wrote:
May 17, 2019, 2:43 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 16, 2019, 12:13 pm
800,000bht tied up in a Thai Bank which could go bust over night or 25,000bht under the counter, It's a no brainer.
I reckon that most foreigners have their accounts with Bangkok, Siam Commercial, Kasikorn and Krung Thai with some in Krungsri and TMB. Since the BoT cleanup after the 1997 financial crash, I don't see any of those going tits-up while you sleep.

Trivia time... here are the names of the 4 banks that did get shut down, nationalized and/or merged way back then.

Bangkok Bank of Commerce, Bangkok Metropolitan Bank, Siam City Bank and First Bangkok City Bank. None of them were exactly high street entities.
And I don't believe any bank customers lost money in the process

User avatar
BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com
Posts: 209
Joined: October 28, 2010, 6:32 pm

Re: Immigration Office

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 19, 2019, 2:02 am

parrot wrote:
May 17, 2019, 9:46 am
tamada wrote:
May 17, 2019, 2:43 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 16, 2019, 12:13 pm
800,000bht tied up in a Thai Bank which could go bust over night or 25,000bht under the counter, It's a no brainer.
I reckon that most foreigners have their accounts with Bangkok, Siam Commercial, Kasikorn and Krung Thai with some in Krungsri and TMB. Since the BoT cleanup after the 1997 financial crash, I don't see any of those going tits-up while you sleep.

Trivia time... here are the names of the 4 banks that did get shut down, nationalized and/or merged way back then.

Bangkok Bank of Commerce, Bangkok Metropolitan Bank, Siam City Bank and First Bangkok City Bank. None of them were exactly high street entities.
And I don't believe any bank customers lost money in the process
My Logic was based on the 2008 crash which bought down Lehmans Bros and many other big name Banks and Financial Institutions. Bad Debt was a big player in the demise of many of them and a similar situation now exists in Thailand.
You like to think that Thailand has learned from the West and a crash wont happen but you never know.
Customers of Northern Rock are still trying to sort out their problems created 11 years ago, I remember them queuing for days trying to draw out their savings.
Does Thailand have a compensation scheme for losses when a Bank goes Bust? I know the UK Government guarantees to reimburse the first £85,000 of any savings.
I was surprised at just how many Banks etc went bust, were bailed out or were taken over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... _Recession
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Post Reply

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest