Post by samster » April 4, 2019, 11:19 am

Thanks for the confirmation guys

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 4, 2019, 2:02 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 4, 2019, 8:32 am
If you get a further 12 months permission on your OA by leaving, and returning prior to June 2019, that will determine the expiry of your visa eg leave on 15 May and come back on 16 May, you will get a further 12 months until 15 May 2020, and that will become your expiry date.

Obtaining a re-entry permit prior to going to the UK will enable you to re-enter by 15 May 2020. This is best done at your local immigration office to avoid any last minute hitches.

Bear in mind that you will need to obtain an extension (under whatever criteria) prior to 15 May 2020 to keep that visa "alive".
Apart from the point that his visa will expire on June 19th 2019 and nothing can change that.

You are talking about a permission to stay and keeping that alive with a re-entry permit and extending it.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 4, 2019, 9:23 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 20, 2019, 11:41 pm
:wave:
ajarnudon wrote:
February 20, 2019, 7:44 pm
Woohoo - happy days \:D/ :guitar:
Thanks John,

One more step towards living in Thailand :lol: :lol: :wave:

pipoz4444
OK, so got my Non-Imm O A Visa from the Thai Embassy back on 17 February 2019

WHEN ENTERING THAILAND

Flew to Thailand last week, arriving 29 March 2019, early morning

I filled the Non-Imm O A Visa Number in/on that Thai Arrival/Departure white card/paper slip, that they give you on the plane, in the Arrival section.

Guy at Thai Immigration looks at it, then enters some info into his Computer, then Stamps (Rectangular) the Passport Page on page opposite to the Visa Page, as admitted on 29 March 2019

Then hand writes in/near that Thai Immigration Stamp
Next to Visa Class : Non O A
Next to Until : 27 / 03/ 20 Meaning until 27 March 2020. Don't know why it is 2 days less, but no issue
Above the Stamp: QR 826 Being the Flight No that I arrived on

Then hands it back to me and say "Have Good Day"

And now I am in Thailand, or close to it after I clear Customs =D> =D> =D> =D>

WHEN DEPARTING THAILAND

Departed Thailand on night 03 April 2019

Lady at Thai Immigration does same, enters some information into her Computer. Then stamps the Passport (Triangular) 03 April 2019
Writes QR 839 just under the Stamp. This being my departing Flight No
Hands Pass[port back to me and say Goodnight

NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER, NO QUESTIONS, DIDN'T ASK for ANYTHING =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :lol:

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 4, 2019, 9:36 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
April 4, 2019, 9:23 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
February 20, 2019, 11:41 pm
:wave:
ajarnudon wrote:
February 20, 2019, 7:44 pm
Woohoo - happy days \:D/ :guitar:
Thanks John,

One more step towards living in Thailand :lol: :lol: :wave:

pipoz4444

WHEN ENTERING THAILAND

I filled the Non-Imm O A Visa Number in on that Thai Arrival/Departure white card/paper slip, they give you on the plane under the Arrival section.

Guy at Thai Immigration looks at it, then enters some info into his Computer, then Stamps (Rectangular) the Passport Page next to the Via Page, as admitted on 29 March 2019

Next to Until : 27 / 03/ 20 Meaning until 27 March 2020
Above the Stamp: QR 826 being the Flight No that I arrived on

WHEN DEPARTING THAILAND

Lady at Thai Immigration does same, enters some information into her Computer. Then stamps the Passport (Triangular) 03 April 2019

NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER, NO QUESTIONS, DIDN'T ASK for ANYTHING =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :lol:

pipoz4444

My friend, I just want to encourage you to carefully examine each and every reentry stamp to make sure they enter the correct expiration of your stay....being 27 March 2020. I have known guys that entered and paid no attention to the date written in their passport by Immigration, and sure enough Immigration got it wrong. They only discovered the error once they got to Udon, and the local office refused to correct it. They had to cross the border and come back in on some sort of short stay visa. The one year allowance was cancelled and they had to reapply for a one year extension...or something like that. In any event they went through hell over it, so please be careful!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 4, 2019, 9:44 pm

WHEN ENTERING THAILAND

I filled the Non-Imm O A Visa Number in on that Thai Arrival/Departure white card/paper slip, they give you on the plane under the Arrival section.

Guy at Thai Immigration looks at it, then enters some info into his Computer, then Stamps (Rectangular) the Passport Page next to the Via Page, as admitted on 29 March 2019

Next to Until : 27 / 03/ 20 Meaning until 27 March 2020
Above the Stamp: QR 826 being the Flight No that I arrived on

WHEN DEPARTING THAILAND

pipoz4444
[/quote]

My friend, I just want to encourage you to carefully examine each and every reentry stamp to make sure they enter the correct expiration of your stay....being 27 March 2020. I have known guys that entered and paid no attention to the date written in their passport by Immigration, and sure enough Immigration got it wrong. They only discovered the error once they got to Udon, and the local office refused to correct it. They had to cross the border and come back in on some sort of short stay visa. The one year allowance was cancelled and they had to reapply for a one year extension...or something like that. In any event they went through hell over it, so please be careful!
[/quote]

Thanks semperfiguy and yes will do, I have heard of the same. :wave: :wave:

The moment Mr. Thai Immigration Stamped my Passport on Entry, I looked at the Date he wrote, before moving on.

My next flight back to Thailand is around mi-end July 2019, which my well be my last flight out of Qatar. And I will certainly be checking it then. Will keep you posted

Regards

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 4, 2019, 10:04 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
April 4, 2019, 9:36 pm
My friend, I just want to encourage you to carefully examine each and every reentry stamp to make sure they enter the correct expiration of your stay....being 27 March 2020.
Yes you need to check the stamp at the airport.

NO it will not be 27 March 2020.

On his next entry to Thailand in July 2019 he will get a permission to stay until July 2020

The visa will have an expiration date in February 2020 so to get the maximum use he should take a trip outside Thailand and return just before the expiration date of the VISA. That will get a permission to stay until February 2021 and will need a re-entry permit for any trip overseas.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 15, 2019, 1:16 pm

Just referring to my previous comments and experiences.

I crossed the border at Poi Pet last week and obtained an extension of permission to stay for 1 year at a cost of THB 1200.

I will be going to immigration today to obtain a re-entry permit which, looking online, will cost THB1000 for single entry or THB3800 for multiple entry. I usually make 3 trips back to the UK per annum so, might opt for 3 single entries as and when I go.

If this is the case, the 2nd year of my Visa will have cost THB 4200 which for me is good value as I don't have the need, presently, to deposit any cash in Thailand or prove income.

I will, of course, have to apply for a new Visa next year.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 15, 2019, 5:47 pm

samster wrote:
May 15, 2019, 1:16 pm
Just referring to my previous comments and experiences.

I crossed the border at Poi Pet last week and obtained an extension of permission to stay for 1 year at a cost of THB 1200.
Just a correction.

Aranyaprathet/Poipet is a border crossing point, they do not issue extensions of permission to stay. They issue a new permission to stay there is no fee for this. You may have been required to pay tea money to the Aranyaprathet border crossing to get your stamp if you did not stay overnight in Poipet.

The Aranyaprathet/Poipet Border crossing is renowned as the most difficult and corrupt land boarder crossing.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 15, 2019, 6:55 pm

I think my post was ambiguous STW. This is new to me so, perhaps I was incorrect in my actions but....

- I am returning to UK next week and returning to Thailand after expiry of my Visa on 30/6
- I had to leave Thailand and return through a convenient border so my permission to stay was extended to the max
- I used the Poi Pet border as I was traveling to Koh Chang for a holiday and it was convenient
- The 1200 was for the Cambodian visa. I used it for 10 minutes and returned straight away to Thailand with my permission to stay extended for 12 months to May 2020

I went to immigration in Khon Kaen today and got a multi entry re-entry permit at a cost of 3800 (I changed my mind about getting single entry) so my total cost was THB 5000 and I am good to go until May 2020

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 15, 2019, 7:21 pm

samster wrote:
May 15, 2019, 6:55 pm

- I am returning to UK next week and returning to Thailand after expiry of my Visa on 30/6
- I had to leave Thailand and return through a convenient border so my permission to stay was extended to the max
- I used the Poi Pet border as I was traveling to Koh Chang for a holiday and it was convenient
- The 1200 was for the Cambodian visa. I used it for 10 minutes and returned straight away to Thailand with my permission to stay extended for 12 months to May 2020

I went to immigration in Khon Kaen today and got a multi entry re-entry permit at a cost of 3800 (I changed my mind about getting single entry) so my total cost was THB 5000 and I am good to go until May 2020
Good to know that you were not extorted, that border crossing, as I mentioned, is the worst of all of them, most other land crossings follow the rules. In your case they did, it maybe that they are improving.

As I mentioned your permission to stay can not be extended at a border you can only get a new permission to stay (the expiration of that permission to stay can be up to 364 days after your visa expires if you time your trip perfectly) .

Extensions can only be given by the immigration office that serves the area where you live in Thailand and there must be 30 days or less on your permission to stay at the time you apply.

Some people find that getting new visas rather than extensions is better for them. In your case you can do that about every 2 years.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 15, 2019, 7:36 pm

Ok, so it was my terminology that was incorrect not my actions.

Thank you for clarification

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 16, 2019, 10:48 am

samster wrote:
May 15, 2019, 7:36 pm
Ok, so it was my terminology that was incorrect not my actions.

Thank you for clarification
No problem, the terminology is important, my posts are not just for your information but for anyone reading.

FWIW
The visa usually looks like this
IMG_7375.JPG
Visa
When you cross a border you get a stamp like this
IMG_7377.JPG
Permission to stay
The extension looks like this
IMG_7376.JPG
Extension of permission to stay

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » May 16, 2019, 11:50 am

Non Imm OA
I’m planning to change from my current O( expiry 2nd Jan2020) and get OA from London in August and return to LoS 9th Oct 2019
I will stay in LoS until 30th March 2020, get re entry Permit and will return to LoS 7th October 2020
Will that itinerary get me the OA 364 days extension extension To 5th October 2021?
Also whilst in LoS I just do 90 day report as with O visa- i.e I don’t have to do the border run
Thanks in advance for feedback

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 16, 2019, 12:00 pm

vidmaster wrote:
May 16, 2019, 11:50 am
Non Imm OA
I’m planning to change from my current O( expiry 2nd Jan2020) and get OA from London in August and return to LoS 9th Oct 2019
I will stay in LoS until 30th March 2020, get re entry Permit and will return to LoS 7th October 2020
Will that itinerary get me the OA 364 days extension extension To 5th October 2021?
Also whilst in LoS I just do 90 day report as with O visa- i.e I don’t have to do the border run
My experience.

1. You do not need re-entry permit until your Visa expires in October 2020. I chose a multiple entry OA Visa but believe this is the only option
2. When you return to LOS 7/10/20, you should get a stamp (permission to stay) for a further 12 months
3. If you are planning on leaving LOS within this 2nd 12 months, you will need a re-entry permit
4. Normal 90 day reports.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » May 16, 2019, 12:06 pm

Samster you are a diamond geezer
Really appreciate your confirmation

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 16, 2019, 12:30 pm

vidmaster wrote:
May 16, 2019, 11:50 am
Non Imm OA
That itinerary is only going to get you the second year entry if you can get your visa issued on the 7th or 8th of October 2019. The visa is valid for 1 year from the date of issue, not from the date of first use.

You are really pushing the limits trying to get that schedule to work, it is much more likely that in order to be sure you get your OA in your hand by the time you come back that it will have to be issued earlier in October.

If you try to cut things so tight what will you do if you have to get a missing document or get a request for something you didn't supply?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 17, 2019, 9:31 am

sometimewoodworker,Godmorning sir !

First i want to thank you for all the updated/correct information you've been sharing on this Board,much appreciated,thank you.

I know i could take time to visit the Immi office whith this question,but i choose to ask you sir.

Do you know if we who still get the Pension papers sign from our embassy (i'm Swedish)have to only show these papers,or do the local Immi here in Udon ALSO want me to show monthly transfers+Bankbook.

Thanks for reading..and maybe a nice replye from you sir...;-)..:-)

Have a great day.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » May 17, 2019, 10:32 am

From my understanding, you either show 65000 coming into your Thai bank via international transfer or 800000 in bank as has always been the rule for last few years

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 17, 2019, 11:39 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 17, 2019, 9:31 am
sometimewoodworker,Godmorning sir !

First i want to thank you for all the updated/correct information you've been sharing on this Board,much appreciated,thank you.

I know i could take time to visit the Immi office whith this question,but i choose to ask you sir.

Do you know if we who still get the Pension papers sign from our embassy (i'm Swedish)have to only show these papers,or do the local Immi here in Udon ALSO want me to show monthly transfers+Bankbook.

Thanks for reading..and maybe a nice replye from you sir...;-)..:-)

Have a great day.
The Swedish embassy is still issuing the income letter, that (possibly with a copy of the income proof that you use to get the letter) should be enough.

Showing international transfers is only needed by UK, US, and Australians because their embassies have stopped giving the income documents.

Money into a thai bank is an alternative to the embassy documentation it is not an addition to it, it may only be available to citizens of UK, US, and Australia, there are reports of other nationals being refused if they don't have an embassy document and being required to come back with an embassy letter.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on May 17, 2019, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 17, 2019, 12:02 pm

Where did you get this info <<The Swedish embassy is still issuing the income letter, that (possibly with a copy of the income proof that you use to get the letter) should be enough. >> IS THIS REAL ? Thanks.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”