Argon gas

K1w1nev
udonmap.com

Argon gas

Post by K1w1nev » July 12, 2018, 9:56 am

Does anyone know where i can get an argon bottle from in BanDung i've seen them around but can't seem to get anyone including my wife to understand what i need.either hire or buy needs to be full .
even disposable would be better than nothing.

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Argon gas

Post by glalt » July 12, 2018, 10:08 am

If you are using it for welding, argon is the best, BUT, CO2 is nearly as good, cheaper and much easier to find.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » July 12, 2018, 3:20 pm

I live near the town of BD. You can't get argon here. You have to go to Udon. I bought my 1st bottle in Udon and all subsequent refills. A refill is 900 baht per exchange bottle, same price in years.

K1w1nev
udonmap.com

Post by K1w1nev » July 12, 2018, 7:23 pm

thaiguzzi wrote:
July 12, 2018, 3:20 pm
I live near the town of BD. You can't get argon here. You have to go to Udon. I bought my 1st bottle in Udon and all subsequent refills. A refill is 900 baht per exchange bottle, same price in years.
Thanks i was thinking probably would have to go there do you have a company name for me i do get to Udon fairly often thanks .

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » July 16, 2018, 11:02 am

Sorry for the late reply, not on here that often. Business card with tel number is faded and illegable.
Head into Udon coming from Nong Han on the SK road.
Big C on your left, ditto Macro, AEK, McD and UT on your right. Carry on.
First big junction, c/w traffic lights, large hotel with swimming pool on your right, you can turn right to go to the bus station and Central. Don't.
Go straight over the lights here. Lots of shops left and right selling tooling, parts, car parts, diy etc.
About half a click down, on the right, on a corner is a large shop selling a huge range of car parts. Batteries, oil etc outside, possibly gas bottles. This is your shop. Don't know how much your initial bottle will be plus dual guage regulator. Possible 2k ish? As stated refills are still 900 baht.
Hope this is of use.

iPa64

Post by iPa64 » May 10, 2019, 8:21 pm

thaiguzzi wrote:
July 16, 2018, 11:02 am
Head into Udon coming from Nong Han on the SK road.
Big C on your left, ditto Macro, AEK, McD and UT on your right. Carry on.
First big junction, c/w traffic lights, large hotel with swimming pool on your right, you can turn right to go to the bus station and Central. Don't.
Go straight over the lights here. Lots of shops left and right selling tooling, parts, car parts, diy etc.
About half a click down, on the right, on a corner is a large shop selling a huge range of car parts. Batteries, oil etc outside, possibly gas bottles. This is your shop.
Hi,
I went there, but they don’t have argon gas ( maybe don’t have anymore, I don’t know ).
I think that was the right shop, that matched with your information. But ...
Finally after a long search, I have found !
You can buy 10L bottles for 2500baht + 300baht for gas so 2800baht, of course there is bigger bottles.
Mine I bought it filled and new at ToolPro for 2700baht ( there is too at DoHome ).
When you go there with your empty bottles, they don’t refill it but exchange the bottle ( I go there with my beautiful new bottle from ToolPro and got and a very old one, yes their bottles parc is very old :-s ).
I don’t know if someone is still following this post, and it’s not so easy to explain where is this deposit. So here the link to google maps ( it’s just behind a little refrigerator repair shop ).
17°20'45.2"N 102°49'14.4"E
https://goo.gl/maps/wM3LRPcPU8Br4bVp9

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » May 12, 2019, 9:08 am

K1w1nev wrote:
July 12, 2018, 9:56 am
Does anyone know where i can get an argon bottle from in BanDung i've seen them around but can't seem to get anyone including my wife to understand what i need.either hire or buy needs to be full .
even disposable would be better than nothing.
Best way I found is take a photo on your phone or a sample of what you require.

Exception to this was when I used a cheap drill bit someone had bought previously and it actually bent at near 90 degrees.
Poor bloke looked at it, no....no have......seemed to be also asking what is it used for.
Told him for drilling holes around corners....I think he got the joke.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » May 15, 2019, 11:03 am

I had Argon for my mig welder because that's what we use back home, but I sold my Argon bottle and switched to CO2 because I was tired of driving to Udon to refill it. I haven't noticed any difference at all in the weld quality. I do think that most of the steel here is a mix of recycled/new and is inconsistent in quality, and that coupled with the horrible fluctuations in the power result in inconsistent welds anyway.(but I love my mig welder because it certainly works better than my arc welders here)

I bought Argon from a shop that was located on the ring road just off of the intersection furthest South (on the way to Khon Khaen). If you are coming from NongKhai direction and head towards Khon Khaen on the ring road that runs past Global House, when you get to the main intersection where you would turn left towards Khon Khaen go straight across instead (towards the airport), then keep looking towards your right and not far from the intersection you will see a large manufacturing shop with lots of argon and CO2 bottles out front.

iPa64

Post by iPa64 » May 21, 2019, 10:24 pm

NongKhaiLee wrote:
May 15, 2019, 11:03 am
I bought Argon from a shop that was located on the ring road just off of the intersection furthest South (on the way to Khon Khaen). If you are coming from NongKhai direction and head towards Khon Khaen on the ring road that runs past Global House, when you get to the main intersection where you would turn left towards Khon Khaen go straight across instead (towards the airport), then keep looking towards your right and not far from the intersection you will see a large manufacturing shop with lots of argon and CO2 bottles out front.
Hi ,
Like I said few posts above, I buy my argon at BanKamKling, but its interesting if there is an alternative.
I often use this road ( toward to the airport ) but I have never seen gas bottle in front of a shop, but maybe I have never looking for. So I have spent time on google maps, but I found only automobiles garages in this area. Please could you provide a google maps link to this shop ?
Thank you

iPa64

Post by iPa64 » May 24, 2019, 11:33 am

NongKhaiLee wrote:
May 15, 2019, 11:03 am
Hello, I went there this morning, but I didn’t find anything matching yours explanations.
So after, some search on google maps, the only manufacture that could match your explanations is the one below ( but no argon bottles on front of )
Please can you confirm or give more information ?
Thank you

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » May 24, 2019, 2:17 pm

It's been a while since I have been there but yes, that is the place, the bottles were standing near the building's corner post that is visible in the picture.

iPa64

Post by iPa64 » May 24, 2019, 2:20 pm

NongKhaiLee wrote:
May 24, 2019, 2:17 pm
It's been a while since I have been there but yes, that is the place, the bottles were standing near the building's corner post that is visible in the picture.
Thank you

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » May 24, 2019, 2:42 pm

You're welcome, I remember how frustrating it was looking for Argon up here in NongKhai...that's how I ended up in Udon. The other day I tried to find a smaller co2 bottle here because the wheels on my welder are breaking apart from the weight of the big tank that's mounted on it, I found out that the suppliers here only have the big bottles. (at least that was what I was told)
The other thing on my list is to find a longer mig welder hose and gun, no luck there yet.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » May 25, 2019, 9:21 pm

I was under the impression you were now sorted via Tool Pro.
My post above still stands as correct, re the shop i described in Udon, still there, still selling Argon, big bottle 900 baht exchange.

iPa64

Post by iPa64 » May 28, 2019, 8:09 am

thaiguzzi wrote:
May 25, 2019, 9:21 pm
I was under the impression you were now sorted via Tool Pro.
My post above still stands as correct, re the shop i described in Udon, still there, still selling Argon, big bottle 900 baht exchange.
Tool Pro sell new argon bottles, but no refill, no exchange ! ( like DoHome ).
For now I go to the link I gave few posts ago, it’s an exchange point at Udonthani from a factory from Kon Kaen, they have a lot of bottle size.
I am interested to compare service and price with others companies.
Please maybe could you give us a google maps link, that could be great ?
Thank you

iPa41000
udonmap.com

Post by iPa41000 » June 4, 2019, 1:40 pm

Ok so about argon, the shop reported by NongKaiLee doesn’t sell argon bottle anymore, in fact they told us to go buy to the gas point I gave few posts ago. Here some informations :
- Argon bottle 10L price 2800 baht, exchange 300 baht
- Argon bottle 40L ( big ) exchange 750 baht
So the best choice is clearly the big bottle, but it’s heavy :?

To get there, there is a google link few post ago, and below some landmarks.
On the road from KhonKaen just after the bridge and in front of the UDtel hotel, turn to left.
After about 500m ( maybe 1km ) it’s just next to the refrigerator repair shop on your left. Note it’s better to go driving backwards.

iPa41000
udonmap.com

Post by iPa41000 » June 14, 2019, 7:39 am

addon: argon to buy a big bottle ( 40L ) price 4500 baht + 750 baht for gas

Return to “I'm Looking For....”