Its that time AGAIN ...oh Joy

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Its that time AGAIN ...oh Joy

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 9, 2019, 11:57 pm

DM was in Bkk today and was chatting with some old chums from Patts .. seems they have already started the water festivities there .. :shock:

Traveled back to Udon leaving Bkk at 12 noon .. it was very apparent there was way more traffic on the roads , lots of fully laden pick ups carrying fridges , push bikes motor bikes and washing machines all with people young kids n dogs clinging on for dear life ..or death . Twas obvious Songhkran is on the door step as the driving was way more iratic than normal .. speeding , undertaking , hard shoulder running etc etc .. WACKY RACES ..we counted 5 arse end minor shunts and 2 serious fender benders with vehicles off road and upside down and this is 3 days before the main deadly day periods ..not forgeting this year the Thai New Year is extended so even more carnage.. over an hour longer than our ususal trip and could of been worse .. now coming up a full day of Udon deliveries tomorrow and then a trip down to Kalasin MSK , Ubon , Si Sa Ket n finally Buriram and SAFETY by Thursday evening.

Another point to note .. every service / petrol station was rammed and those scummy PTT forecourt petrol pumpers were up to no good thinking its so busy everyone in a rush and the over charge scam was in action .. im always wary when directed to a particular diesel pump when others are free .. and they filled 1540 bt for me and then a quick press of a button and it was 1740 bt .. spotted by DM and i asked to speak to the big boss ..all of a sudden it was explained the pump was faulty and was charged correctly .. JUST A HEADS UP always watch these blighters especially this time of year.

I did allow my dog Jack to curl off a nice present on the forecourt as a parting gift

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Its that time AGAIN ...oh Joy

Post by 747man » April 10, 2019, 7:51 am

I did allow my dog Jack to curl off a nice present on the forecourt as a parting gift ............Why Didn't You leave them a Souvenir Too Jon ?? NO I Don't Tip either.....

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 10, 2019, 9:01 am

I can remember years ago when Songkran was a fun holiday. I didn't mind getting wet but now the ice water with chunks of ice still in the water simply pisses me off. That ice water in the middle of my back makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack. I blame the moron farangs for ruining this holiday. Of course the Thais now go right along with the ice water ----.

Last year I made the mistake of agreeing to meet friends in Pattaya for the Songkran madness. I begged off for a couple of days by staying on Soi 22 Bangkok during the worst of it thinking Bangkok would be a little more sensible. WRONG! Soi 22 was just as bad or maybe even worse than Pattaya. Here upcountry if you go out, you will get wet but no ****** ice water. This crotchety old man avoids the entire water throwing madness.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 10, 2019, 10:36 am

This crotchety old man avoids the entire water throwing madness......Me Too Mate, It's a Pain in the A*se !!

Natas

Post by Natas » April 10, 2019, 1:19 pm

Boo hoo.. Stay at home please. Less Falang whiners out and about is better.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 10, 2019, 2:51 pm

Have told the misses we are not going out but as usual have to go to the nong khai temple for water throwing on Saturday as all her family go. I have suggested bringing the rotties with us as good distraction for over zealous people that love to get us! and they love water

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 11, 2019, 1:39 am

747man wrote:
April 10, 2019, 7:51 am
I did allow my dog Jack to curl off a nice present on the forecourt as a parting gift ............Why Didn't You leave them a Souvenir Too Jon ?? NO I Don't Tip either.....
Alan .. i wasnt in the festive mood even to leave the xxxxx twats a steamer alas i do suffer from anal itch after passing a proper scunny baby .. maybe next time.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 11, 2019, 11:10 am

Posted 13 minutes ago
Songkran: Throwing water can land you in jail, say top lawyers

5pm.jpg
Caption: Be careful throwing water OK!

Online lawyers have outlined how throwing water - especially at those who don't want to play too - can land you in jail.

Using ice in water could also see a two year stretch.

Damage to property of those who don't want to play is also serious with compensation and jail for deliberate acts.

While 15 years inside awaits those who molest minors in the name of Songkran "fun".

The warnings were on the Facebook page of "Thanai Khu Jai" (your lawyer)

Here are the different scenarios and the penalties associated with them:

Case 1: You say you don't want to play, you are on your way to do something....but you get wet all the same.
If you can show that you did not want to take part and were soaked then Article 397 has been contravened.
This can lead to a one month jail term for the perpetrator and or a 10,000 baht fine.

Case 2: You indicated that you did not want to play and your property like a phone or documents in your wallet were damaged. The civil and business/property law under Article 420 comes into play. Compensation payments are due to the victim.

In Case 2 if it can be shown to have been a willful and deliberate act to damage property then Article 358 has been violated. Result: 3 years jail and or a 60,000 baht fine.

Case 3: A woman is molested in a water soaking incident. Article 278 allows for a 10 year prison term and or a fine of 200,000 baht. If the victim is not yet 15 years old make that 15 years jail and 200,000 baht.

In case three if the molestation is accompanied by threats then the jail term can be 15 years and 300,000 baht.

Case 4: This concerns the use of ice and dirty water.
Using cold water is not illegal but if ice is added and it causes injury then Article 295 has been contravened. This could result in 2 years jail and or a fine of 40,000 baht.

In Case 4 if the act was proven not to be deliberate the jail term drops to one month and the fine 10,000 baht.

People can also be prosecuted for using dirty water under Articles 389 and 397 though Sanook did not mention the penalties for these.

Source: Sanook

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 11, 2019, 11:12 am

Natas wrote:
April 10, 2019, 1:19 pm
Boo hoo.. Stay at home please. Less Falang whiners out and about is better.
Yep, That's My Plan,I've filled up my fridge & freezer...

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 11, 2019, 11:34 am

Avoid central unless you have lots of patience

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 11, 2019, 2:31 pm

A few areas to watch out for: The statue circle is under renovation. Traffic is moving slower. Best to find another way to Central or other areas in the city.
Directly in front of Central....the area is blocked to vehicles. If you're coming in at the front end, you have to drive through the rear area to the parking areas behind Central.
Nongprajak near AUA......a large stage is set up that block a bit more than one lane. The vehicles were moving ok today, but once the water gets going, the place will jam up.

Natas

Post by Natas » April 11, 2019, 3:47 pm

747man wrote:
April 11, 2019, 11:10 am
Posted 13 minutes ago
Songkran: Throwing water can land you in jail, say top lawyers

5pm.jpg
Caption: Be careful throwing water OK!

Online lawyers have outlined how throwing water - especially at those who don't want to play too - can land you in jail.

Using ice in water could also see a two year stretch.

Damage to property of those who don't want to play is also serious with compensation and jail for deliberate acts.

While 15 years inside awaits those who molest minors in the name of Songkran "fun".

The warnings were on the Facebook page of "Thanai Khu Jai" (your lawyer)

Here are the different scenarios and the penalties associated with them:

Case 1: You say you don't want to play, you are on your way to do something....but you get wet all the same.
If you can show that you did not want to take part and were soaked then Article 397 has been contravened.
This can lead to a one month jail term for the perpetrator and or a 10,000 baht fine.

Case 2: You indicated that you did not want to play and your property like a phone or documents in your wallet were damaged. The civil and business/property law under Article 420 comes into play. Compensation payments are due to the victim.

In Case 2 if it can be shown to have been a willful and deliberate act to damage property then Article 358 has been violated. Result: 3 years jail and or a 60,000 baht fine.

Case 3: A woman is molested in a water soaking incident. Article 278 allows for a 10 year prison term and or a fine of 200,000 baht. If the victim is not yet 15 years old make that 15 years jail and 200,000 baht.

In case three if the molestation is accompanied by threats then the jail term can be 15 years and 300,000 baht.

Case 4: This concerns the use of ice and dirty water.
Using cold water is not illegal but if ice is added and it causes injury then Article 295 has been contravened. This could result in 2 years jail and or a fine of 40,000 baht.

In Case 4 if the act was proven not to be deliberate the jail term drops to one month and the fine 10,000 baht.

People can also be prosecuted for using dirty water under Articles 389 and 397 though Sanook did not mention the penalties for these.

Source: Sanook
Yeah I can see a line up of people going to charge people here in Udon who head into the downtown core. More so some old expat who got soaked with ice water because he left his panic house.
If you do not like it stay away from the downtown core or book a flight home.
Too many negative "falangs" around these days. This is the time for the Thai people to enjoy themselves.

These posts and others remind me of the lyrics of a Pink Floyd song..
Dogs https://g.co/kgs/r3MLJr
"..You know it's going to get harder, and harder, and harder as you get older
And in the end you'll pack up and fly down south
Hide your head in the sand,
Just another sad old man
All alone and dying of cancer"

You should enjoy the next 5 days if you can. Better then being in the hospital here.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 11, 2019, 4:51 pm

Remember when I first came to Udon, I played golf (ok, I followed various golf balls round the course), paid for the round and went to the starters area, where everyone was greeted by a young lady who "drizzled" some cool scented water from flower filled bowl over the back of your neck. 8)

When I see what the "morons" get up to nowadays it makes me cringe [-X

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 11, 2019, 6:03 pm

When I see what the "morons" get up to nowadays it makes me cringe......Couldn't AGREE More Statts, There Really are a LOT Of Imbeciles Around !!

Natas

Post by Natas » April 11, 2019, 7:24 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 11, 2019, 4:51 pm
Remember when I first came to Udon, I played golf (ok, I followed various golf balls round the course), paid for the round and went to the starters area, where everyone was greeted by a young lady who "drizzled" some cool scented water from flower filled bowl over the back of your neck. 8)

When I see what the "morons" get up to nowadays it makes me cringe [-X
Very few will miss you after you get your last BBQ.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » April 12, 2019, 12:45 am

747man wrote:
April 11, 2019, 6:03 pm
When I see what the "morons" get up to nowadays it makes me cringe......Couldn't AGREE More Statts, There Really are a LOT Of Imbeciles Around !!
Yep some Dickheads about this time of year, years ago a little wet talc on the face little water on the head now the farang think it's funny with ice cubes in the water 5 years ago got 2 teeth knocked out by ice in the water very funny at the time for the throwers (but now anything goes with the farang fraternity keep clear good idea.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 13, 2019, 8:51 am

Here you go ,first victim of stupidity. the real funny bit is a monkey would have had an 80% chance of missing the island

Imagefallout frank horrigan

I mean how many lanes? WTF
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 13, 2019, 1:25 pm

Yep, Just been out to Big C In Nongers about 6kms from my house,& Even the " So Called " Adults were chucking Water Everywhere, Motorcyc Riders were getting HAMMERED But if they go out on their bikes they must know " What is Coming " Up to Them !! Anyway the Water Authorities will be moaning in a few weeks time,there was THOUSANDS Of gallons of the Precious Water just running down the roads.....FOOLS !!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 13, 2019, 2:14 pm

Stay out of Udon then.......Thursday – the first of the “seven dangerous days” of Songkran 2019 – saw 46 people killed and 482 injured in 468 road accidents, Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith told reporters at the Road Safety Centre in Bangkok on Friday.

Most of the accidents, 20, occurred in Nakhon Ratchasima, as did the greatest number of injuries, 23, while Udon Thani had the most fatalities, four.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 13, 2019, 2:19 pm

Arkhom Said..... 667,000 people left Bangkok for other provinces on Thursday alone – the largest single-day exodus for Songkran on record.

Did He Count them Himself OR Did he have his Calculator at the ready ??

Return to “Travel & Transport”