US coast Guard between Taiwan/China???????

General Udon Thani topics only!
Doodoo
udonmap.com

US coast Guard between Taiwan/China???????

Post by Doodoo » March 25, 2019, 6:33 pm

What the H is the Coast Guard doing over beside CHINA? Tariffs aren't enough to piss them off now it is the Coast Guard playing in their Backyard
https://www.local10.com/news/politics/u ... in-beijing

The Coast Guard carries out three basic roles, which are further subdivided into eleven statutory missions. The three roles are:
Maritime safety
Maritime security
Maritime stewardship

"The United States sent Navy and Coast Guard ships through the Taiwan Strait on Sunday, the U.S. military said, as part of an increase in the frequency of movement through the strategic waterway despite opposition from China.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: US coast Guard between Taiwan/China???????

Post by tamada » March 25, 2019, 7:05 pm

It's the USCG so be very, VERY afraid.

...they may forget to turn on the lights, bump into things or run aground.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 25, 2019, 7:11 pm

To be honest, since China realigned it's disparate fleets of marine surveillance or fisheries security vessels into one, single Chinese Coastguard about 6 years ago and based themselves in Hong Kong, they've been barging all over the South China Sea and beyond with visibly armed, purpose-built newbuilds. Since the Vietnamese, Indonesians and the rest in the region have pretty rubbish navies and even more abysmal regional coastal protections, maybe it's time for a bit of a counterbalance.

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » March 26, 2019, 10:39 am

Not about the coastguard as such but I think a very thought provoking historical theory which illustrates US / China today

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-47613416

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 26, 2019, 11:42 am

USGC Bertoulf recently pulled into Sasebo, Japan, following a deployment in the East China Sea where the crew assisted in United Nations Security Council Resolutions (UNSCR) enforcement against illicit ship-to-ship transfers that violate North Korea sanctions.

So, CG is "assisting" UN sanctions against the Norks...
Dave

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 26, 2019, 11:59 am

So who is looking after the Coast of the USA It appears the Coast Guard are not at present

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » March 26, 2019, 12:22 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 26, 2019, 11:59 am
So who is looking after the Coast of the USA It appears the Coast Guard are not at present

Maybe some of these according to wikipedia.
"The US Coast Guard operates 243 Cutters,[12] defined as any vessel more than 65 feet (20 m) long, that has a permanently assigned crew and accommodations for the extended support of that crew", they have about 1600 ships altogether.

Hope that helps.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 26, 2019, 1:08 pm

The same guy who claims to be the guardian of news reporting, providing more complete information and fighting for truth and justice, apparently thought that the US Coast Guard had only one cutter, and he couldn't find more complete information.

The same guy who often copies and pastes Wikipedia to support his claims, couldn't find Wikipedia this time. Or even the USCG site.

The same guy who swore up and down that the USCG was US Military and not Homeland Security, now questions the USCG involved in a military mission in the international waters of the Pacific Rim.

The same guy, who at the end of every corrected mistake posts, "I don’t care."

That same guy . . .
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 26, 2019, 1:59 pm

LS you need to take some time off and relax my son

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 26, 2019, 2:02 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 26, 2019, 1:59 pm
LS you need to take some time off and relax my son
The guilty shall speak. Truth will sting ya.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 26, 2019, 3:12 pm

"The same guy who often copies and pastes Wikipedia to support his claims, couldn't find Wikipedia this time. Or even the USCG site. " Why would I ? I trust the readers to do their own research Sometimes I supply sometimes I don't. So many tine you have failed to research your own examples I can get if you wish BUT I wont

If you can point me to the information that I said this "apparently thought that the US Coast Guard had only one cutter" I would appreciate it Otherwise it is once again you spreading FAKE NEWS. Unless as you said "Apparently thought" I didn't realize you can now read minds to know what they are thinking. Rest time is subscribed for this ailment for yourself (I aint a Doctor)

"The same guy who swore up and down that the USCG was US Military and not Homeland Security, now questions the USCG involved in a military mission in the international waters of the Pacific Rim. " Then, you said they were Homeland Security so lets assume they are Then why are they WAY over there and not protection the US's 95,000 miles of shore line .
By the way I was arguing at the time why they weren't getting paid from the Federal Government and it was their Admiral, yes QUOTING THEIR ADMIRAL that said they were Military not me. Why would I care

And finally , "I don’t care." as I am beginning to believe that you don't care
What else ya got

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”