blighty leaves on 29 for sure

World news discussion forum
yartims
udonmap.com

blighty leaves on 29 for sure

Post by yartims » March 14, 2019, 6:48 pm

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10997 ... atest-news

Jacob Rees-Mogg reveals why no deal vote changes NOTHING - 'Here today, gone tomorrow!'
JACOB REES-MOGG reassured Brexiteers MPs decision to rule out a no deal Brexit outcome will have no legal effect to the Brexit process as "fortunately" the UK does not operate under an "arbitrary parliamentary system".

By Alessandra Scotto di Santolo
PUBLISHED: 07:38, Thu, Mar 14, 2019 | UPDATED: 07:54, Thu, Mar 14, 2019

MPs voted to rule out a no deal Brexit scenario under any circumstance in an amendment to the Prime Minister's motion tabled by Tory MP Caroline Spelman. The result forced the Prime Minister to vote against her own then amended motion but she still failed to reach a majority in her favour a second time. Speaking to Sky News, leading Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg claimed the only way no deal Brexit could be ruled out completely would be for the Government to ask for an extension, for the EU to approve the extension and for the UK to move the final Brexit date with a statutory instrument.

The Chair of the European Research Group explained: “We live under a system of law and a motion passed in Parliament does not override the law.

“The Withdrawal Act means that we leave on the 29th March under UK law and the Article 50 Act means we leave on the 29th of March under EU law.

“If parliamentary motions concocted the night before changed our law we would live under a totally arbitrary system of government and fortunately we don’t.

“We have a constitutional system of laws so this vote is very interesting and the Government may or may not pay attention to it, but it’s not binding, it is not law.

the only good Tory is a lavatory

yartims
udonmap.com

Re: blighty leaves on 29 for sure

Post by yartims » March 14, 2019, 6:52 pm

the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, and became law as an Act on 26 June 2018. It set the exit date as 29 March 2019 at 11.00 p.m. If a person was to breach the rules of an act they are deemed to be breaking the laws of the Queen. Therefor would any MP that votes against leaving on 29th March 2019 be breaking the law and liable to criminal prosecution? I do hope so.
the only good Tory is a lavatory

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 14, 2019, 9:40 pm

Traitors gate ?..... beheaded at the tower? we are not amused [-X

French revolution in reverse

about 600 MP beheadings should be enough to restore common sense to the commons :-k

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 19, 2019, 10:10 am

stattointhailand wrote:
March 14, 2019, 9:40 pm

about 600 MP beheadings should be enough to restore common sense to the commons :-k
No need to engage extra staff to sharpen the blade for all those beheadings now, only need to lop the deadwood off the top of speaker Bercow.

If Theresa May's AG didn't see this coming last week, then I can only assume he's either a crap lawyer or a remainer. Probably both.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 19, 2019, 11:36 am

It is a pain in the buttocks, how can I plan a Brexit party if I'm not sure if we are in or out :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » March 19, 2019, 12:13 pm

tamada wrote:
March 19, 2019, 10:10 am
stattointhailand wrote:
March 14, 2019, 9:40 pm

No need to engage extra staff to sharpen the blade for all those beheadings now, only need to lop the deadwood off the top of speaker Bercow.

If Theresa May's AG didn't see this coming last week, then I can only assume he's either a crap lawyer or a remainer. Probably both.
it is more surprising to me that the experts on Erskine May, in particular, JRM, did not come out after the second vote to say that potentially the Speaker of the House had the authority to intervene and block a motion being laid down, without a substantive change in the wording.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 19, 2019, 12:45 pm

yartims wrote:
March 14, 2019, 6:52 pm
the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, and became law as an Act on 26 June 2018. It set the exit date as 29 March 2019 at 11.00 p.m. If a person was to breach the rules of an act they are deemed to be breaking the laws of the Queen. Therefor would any MP that votes against leaving on 29th March 2019 be breaking the law and liable to criminal prosecution? I do hope so.
It's all obfuscation by the recalcitrant remainers that make up the cabinet and front bench.

Leave means leave and the 29th is the drop-dead date for this to take effect.

Until the damnable intervention in 2016 by the meddling Gina Miller where she laid false hope for remainers and indolent parliamentarians to interfere with the people's will, it's been steadily downhill. Listen up! Despite stating that Constitutional matters were being challenged here, in early 2017 the Supreme Court ruled that Article 50 could go ahead. There's nothing about any sort of hard, soft, no-deal exit suggested or inferred. It is a simple matter that the voting majority of British people chose to leave.

"The Withdrawal Act which became law in June 2018 allows for various outcomes including no negotiated settlement."

Since we can't sack Bercow, do your bloody jobs!

Return to “World News”