Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
rick
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Immigration new rules

Post by rick » March 5, 2019, 10:59 am

If going the 800,000 baht route, since march 1st you have to leave the money in the bank for 3 months, and maintain 400,000 for the following 6 months (that is from the official notice). Only applies from your next extension. The big question mark is how it will be policed. Some offices may not bother. Consensus is that they will check at your next extension that the amount has not fallen below the allowed amount, if so off to Laos and start again .....

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 5, 2019, 11:26 am

rick wrote:
March 5, 2019, 10:59 am
If going the 800,000 baht route, since march 1st you have to leave the money in the bank for 3 months, and maintain 400,000 for the following 6 months (that is from the official notice). Only applies from your next extension. The big question mark is how it will be policed. Some offices may not bother. Consensus is that they will check at your next extension that the amount has not fallen below the allowed amount, if so off to Laos and start again .....
..if so off to Laos and start again .....
Just read yesterday i think on TV that the cue is 2 weeks to get a VISA..marriage Visa i think it was..anyway,sorry i don't recall better,but a long wait it is..not like before.

Have a great day..:-)

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » March 5, 2019, 11:31 am

A bit behind on my Thaivisa reading, but i can imagine that visa applications on grounds of Marriage have shot up ......

robroy

Post by robroy » March 5, 2019, 11:35 am

Looking for an "official" answer. Under the new retirement rules, transferring money monthly in to a Thai bank.
Can it be into an existing joint account, or do I have to open a new account in my name only?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 5, 2019, 11:53 am

A thread i think can fit here,subject is:

Expats in Thailand considering moving to Latin America prompted by Thai visa changes.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/108755 ... t-13903621

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 5, 2019, 12:05 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
March 5, 2019, 11:26 am
[/b]Just read yesterday i think on TV that the cue is 2 weeks to get a VISA..marriage Visa i think it was..anyway,sorry i don't recall better,but a long wait it is..not like before.
The report was that It is currently 2 weeks to get an appointment to apply for any kind of visa in Vientiane.

https://thaivisavientiane.com
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 5, 2019, 1:02 pm

rick wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing the official notice because I went through the immigration website and couldn't find it, do you have a link?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 5, 2019, 1:47 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 5, 2019, 12:05 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
March 5, 2019, 11:26 am
[/b]Just read yesterday i think on TV that the cue is 2 weeks to get a VISA..marriage Visa i think it was..anyway,sorry i don't recall better,but a long wait it is..not like before.
The report was that It is currently 2 weeks to get an appointment to apply for any kind of visa in Vientiane.

https://thaivisavientiane.com
I stand corrected,thank you stww..:-)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 5, 2019, 3:33 pm

robroy wrote:
March 5, 2019, 11:35 am
Looking for an "official" answer. Under the new retirement rules, transferring money monthly in to a Thai bank.
Can it be into an existing joint account, or do I have to open a new account in my name only?
Bank accounts must be in your name only for Udon immigration

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 5, 2019, 3:34 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 5, 2019, 1:02 pm
rick wrote:
I'd be interested in seeing the official notice because I went through the immigration website and couldn't find it, do you have a link?
You have the text by PM English and Thai

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 6, 2019, 7:00 am

In ThaiVisa today:

Feedback : Vientiane visa (hell) new visa application process.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/108773 ... paign=news

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 6, 2019, 11:34 am

vincemunday wrote:
The clue to the link and official notice, both Thai and English, is in my last post which you considered to be "Horse nonsense"!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 6, 2019, 1:12 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
March 6, 2019, 11:34 am
vincemunday wrote:
The clue to the link and official notice, both Thai and English, is in my last post which you considered to be "Horse nonsense"!
Sorry i missed that and I apologise for the inappropriate language, sometimes my fingers run a little quicker than my brain.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » March 6, 2019, 3:49 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
March 6, 2019, 7:00 am
In ThaiVisa today:

Just for fun I tried the link https://thaivisavientiane.com/ to see how it worked. Well it did not work for me. When going to this page you are met with a Big button for making an appointment, Get your Appointment,
Anytime, Anywhere!
and absolute nothing works, you just get the 404-page! I snooped around in the menus and it seems that maybe you have to register yourself first but I found no place to register and there was no place to log in or anything like that.

Has anyone managed to make an appointment? Could you pls inform us how to do it.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 6, 2019, 6:07 pm

lassebasse wrote:
March 6, 2019, 3:49 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
March 6, 2019, 7:00 am
In ThaiVisa today:

Just for fun I tried the link https://thaivisavientiane.com/ to see how it worked. Well it did not work for me. When going to this page you are met with a Big button for making an appointment, Get your Appointment,
Anytime, Anywhere!
and absolute nothing works, you just get the 404-page! I snooped around in the menus and it seems that maybe you have to register yourself first but I found no place to register and there was no place to log in or anything like that.

Has anyone managed to make an appointment? Could you pls inform us how to do it.
Tryed it just moments ago...https://thaivisavientiane.com....WORKING.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 18, 2019, 1:57 pm

Today (18th March) I attended Udon Tanni Immigration to report my usual 90 days.
Once I was served the kind Immigration officer confirmed my details one which is residence location....Nong Bua lamphu.
I was then asked to follow an intern outside and around the back.
There was a table with about four Immigration officers sitting and standing around I sat down and one them asked me "Do you live in Nong Bua?" I said yes and he took my passport into another office behind him.
I waited for about five minutes and he returned with my passport and a completed 90 slip.
All good,however I noticed that the 90 day slip has 20th September as my next reporting date?
It is also on white paper as opposed to the normal yellow....(not sure if that matters)
The officer then stapled it in my passport and told me "You come to Nong Bua Police station 20 September OK?"
I then mentioned that 20th September exceeds the 90 days to which he replied "Yes...you come on 20 Septemeber to Nong Bua Police station....you know?"
I then advised him I knew the location and I would see him then.
All very nice enough but I have never had this interaction previously.
Why would they extend the 90 day report to 120 days?
Any ideas on what this is all about?
Are they setting up an office in Nong Bua Lumphu??
Anyone else encounter this????
Voiceover for hire.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 18, 2019, 2:10 pm

Well i was there today also and i getting my last 90 day stamp before i have to renew my RT extension..Got the yellow slip..nothing else..no meeting in the back whith Immi Police officers..just the usuall..so i have no clue what or why they did whath they did to you..

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 18, 2019, 2:35 pm

I searched Thai websites for a Nongbualamphu Immigration Office........nothing. They could be planning one in the future, though.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » March 18, 2019, 2:37 pm

I did my 90 dayer 12 days ago the first question the boss asked me was where do you live Udon or Nongers no explanation.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 18, 2019, 2:40 pm

Raoul Duke wrote:
March 18, 2019, 1:57 pm
Today (18th March) I attended Udon Tanni Immigration to report my usual 90 days.
Once I was served the kind Immigration officer confirmed my details one which is residence location....Nong Bua lamphu.
I was then asked to follow an intern outside and around the back.
There was a table with about four Immigration officers sitting and standing around I sat down and one them asked me "Do you live in Nong Bua?" I said yes and he took my passport into another office behind him.
I waited for about five minutes and he returned with my passport and a completed 90 slip.
All good,however I noticed that the 90 day slip has 20th September as my next reporting date?
It is also on white paper as opposed to the normal yellow....(not sure if that matters)
The officer then stapled it in my passport and told me "You come to Nong Bua Police station 20 September OK?"
I then mentioned that 20th September exceeds the 90 days to which he replied "Yes...you come on 20 Septemeber to Nong Bua Police station....you know?"
I then advised him I knew the location and I would see him then.
All very nice enough but I have never had this interaction previously.
Why would they extend the 90 day report to 120 days?
Any ideas on what this is all about?
Are they setting up an office in Nong Bua Lumphu??
Anyone else encounter this????
Does the slip have exactly the same format and wording as the previous one?
"HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION OF STAYING IN THAILAND FOR 90 DAYS"

Amd "THIS IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF STAY PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN ON“
With 20 September 2019 in the box?

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”