This, That and Another Thing

General Udon Thani topics only!
Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: This, That and Another Thing

Post by Lone Star » February 21, 2019, 1:35 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 21, 2019, 1:19 pm
as for the changes in visa rules/regulations/policies, it appears they are in a state of flux.. That'll all work out in the next 6 months I'd reckon.. For the most part what I've seen is the authorities seem to be searching for a way NOT to defenstrate thousands of farang living here, most married to Thais..
Agree.

Thai nationals married to expats are very probably their concern and search for a happy medium. I remember at one time, that combined income of both spouses was accepted, but that was discontinued.

We'll see how it all shakes out soon enough.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 21, 2019, 2:13 pm

I for one use Quicken, and every ฿ and $ are tracked in 8 different accounts.

So when I posted, I checked last months expenses, and since no special expenses in Jan, those not included of course.

To come to my total had to add in a US credit card, which runs somewhere between $300 and $400 a month, but is paid from a US account.

Is it possible for a family of four to live in Udon on $1k / ฿31k ? Sure, If no housing costs, car payments, and your health is 100%, but very fugal I would think, and No Scotch Whisky! :cry:

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 21, 2019, 2:26 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 21, 2019, 1:15 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
February 21, 2019, 11:32 am
Fuel, Internet, Electric, Food, Insurance, Clothing, a modest budget for leisure and dining out + daily 40-50 coffee / ice cream plus various other misc costs that people forget about...

I've no idea how a Farang with a family can live on under $1,000 USD (considering current exchange rate) - At least in Udon Thani.
Lone Star says he can, but then again, he always stretches the truth. I asked him to elaborate, but whenever he is challenged on facts......Silence follows :-"
easy just spend 18 hours a day every day making dumb memes and posting on UM ,you too could save money using this method :lol:. But lets be truthful , if your married to a government worker and you live in her house you also get free healthcare and she has a great income too your laughing ain't that true LS :lol: .I was talking with a customer the other day, his monthly healthcare insurance is 770$ a month and then costly meds as well so bang goes the 1000$ dream
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 21, 2019, 2:43 pm

RLTrader wrote:
February 21, 2019, 2:13 pm
. . .

Is it possible for a family of four to live in Udon on $1k / ฿31k ? Sure, If no housing costs, car payments, and your health is 100%, but very fugal I would think, and No Scotch Whisky! :cry:
Which is what I stated. No mortgage. House/land paid in full. No vehicle payments. Own all 6 vehicles free and clear.

Health fine and dandy.

I wish everyone could be as lucky as I have been. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine starts early today! :)

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 21, 2019, 2:49 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 21, 2019, 2:43 pm
RLTrader wrote:
. . .

Which is what I stated. No mortgage. House/land paid in full. No vehicle payments. Own all 6 vehicles free and clear.

Health fine and dandy.

I wish everyone could be as lucky as I have been. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine starts early today! :)
Would think the insurance on Six vehicles would bust the budget!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 21, 2019, 2:54 pm

RLTrader wrote:
February 21, 2019, 2:49 pm
Lone Star wrote:
RLTrader wrote:
. . .

Health fine and dandy.

Wrong. I know how to get good value there, too.

So many green brigadiers in this thread concerning themselves with me. 555

I love my fans! Image

STARS
udonmap.com

Post by STARS » February 21, 2019, 3:56 pm

Yes it is moving in declination over the years. Your advice is sound reasoning.
We are keeping up on it from the distance here, Thai wife gets a bit of the rundowns from Thai News and You Tube clips.

My stepdaughter in BKK has been saying exactly what you just stated over the past couple of years.
In exception to the long awaited up coming election.

My wife anticipates a change for the better. That would be nice but their is always an annoying memory from the past in my mind regarding Thai behaviorisms.
I cant see things changing for a benefit of my concerns.

But the environmental stresses and control issues here leave me longing for freedom and peace of mind.
In particular I miss the hot climate and the serenity of sitting by a quite still rice field where no body is around to disturb the moment.

STARS
udonmap.com

Post by STARS » February 21, 2019, 4:05 pm

Sorry the above post jumped to here but was in reply to this...

I suggest looking around the area before settling on Thailand. The dollar value is not the best. Immigration policies are becoming less falang friendly and who knows what changes are coming after the election.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 21, 2019, 4:37 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 21, 2019, 2:54 pm
RLTrader wrote:
February 21, 2019, 2:49 pm
Lone Star wrote:
RLTrader wrote:
. . .

Health fine and dandy.

Wrong. I know how to get good value there,

So many green brigadiers in this thread concerning themselves with me. 555

I love my fans! Image
Because you are misleading people, six cars, 4 people in your household and you get by on under 30000 baht a month, if you live on noodle soup maybe. You are not the only one who lives here debt free buddy. You must be a real Cheap Charlie!!!

Like I said before break it down for us uniformed people....t
Last edited by newtovillagelife on February 21, 2019, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 21, 2019, 4:51 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 21, 2019, 4:37 pm

Because you are misleading people, six cars, 4 people in your household and you get by on under 30000 baht a month, if you live on noodle soup maybe. You are not the only one who leaves here debt free buddy. You must be a real Cheap Charlie!!!
Frenzied.

I never said I had 6 cars. Reading comprehension needs work. Six vehicles.

I don't eat noodle soup at all, and I don't know what "leaves here debt free" means.

As I have told you more than once: I don't care about you personally other than that I hope you are doing well and okay. I can't figure out why I live rent free in that tiny little frenzied skull of yours. Why do you care so frickin' much about me? I don't give a damn about you. I rarely read your crap, and I almost never respond; but this was too good to pass up.

If you don't believe me, then that's fine. I don't care about that either. Grow up.

I love my fans! Image

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 21, 2019, 4:56 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 21, 2019, 4:51 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
February 21, 2019, 4:37 pm

Because you are misleading people, six cars, 4 people in your household and you get by on under 30000 baht a month, if you live on noodle soup maybe. You are not the only one who leaves here debt free buddy. You must be a real Cheap Charlie!!!
Frenzied.

I never said I had 6 cars. Reading comprehension needs work. Six vehicles.

I don't eat noodle soup at all, and I don't know what "leaves here debt free" means.

As I have told you more than once: I don't care about you personally other than that I hope you are doing well and okay. I can't figure out why I live rent free in that tiny little frenzied skull of yours. Why do you care so frickin' much about me? I don't give a damn about you. I rarely read your crap, and I almost never respond; but this was too good to pass up.

If you don't believe me, then that's fine. I don't care about that either. Grow up.

I love my fans! Image
You are misleading people, on the cost of living here, period.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 21, 2019, 5:52 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 21, 2019, 4:56 pm

You are misleading people, on the cost of living here, period.
I can only relate my own experiences, which I have done.

I can't speak for others -- as you are trying to do in a desperate, frenzied way. You have no idea at all about my situation, condition and expenses.

All you have done is question, criticize and attack. Maybe you should itemize your expenses here so that everyone will get what you consider to be an accurate cost of living for a man about the village.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 22, 2019, 1:56 pm

What I know is that most folks underestimate their monthly expenses.

The reason?

We all have bills that come due on a yearly or quarterly basis. Insurance is a good example of this. How often do you pay your car insurance? Most months you don't pay anything but for sure you are incurring that cost each and every day / month.

30k baht a month for a guy with 6 vehicles and 4 people in a family? I suspect the father-in-law is catching mice and birds for dinner some days!

100% we don't know you but we can speculate :) Most think you are a cheap charlie. Probably a wonderful guy though!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 22, 2019, 5:06 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
February 22, 2019, 1:56 pm

. . .

30k baht a month for a guy with 6 vehicles and 4 people in a family? I suspect the father-in-law is catching mice and birds for dinner some days!

100% we don't know you but we can speculate :) Most think you are a cheap charlie. Probably a wonderful guy though!
Lots of finger-pointing, but the critics don't provide their own experiences.

Maybe you should itemize your expenses here so readers will get what you consider to be an accurate accounting.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 22, 2019, 5:10 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:06 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
February 22, 2019, 1:56 pm

. . .

Lots of finger-pointing, but the critics don't provide their own experiences.

Maybe you should itemize your expenses here so readers will get what you consider to be an accurate accounting.
Why..you refuse to itemize yours...never any facts to back up your claims. Hypocrite.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 22, 2019, 5:21 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:10 pm

Why..you refuse to itemize yours...never any facts to back up your claims. Hypocrite.
So you really aren't interested in helping readers here -- with your stated concern for good information to be produced.

It's about me, like you always try to make it.

You dug a big ole hole for yourself. As usual.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 22, 2019, 5:27 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:21 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:10 pm

So you really aren't interested in helping readers here -- with your stated concern for good information to be produced.

It's about me, like you always try to make it.

You dug a big ole hole for yourself. As usual.
Huh!!! I disputed your claim, because you didn’t back it up, and still refuse to. You are a master of saying something without saying anything at all.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 22, 2019, 5:48 pm

I can see that you're not going to assist the readership for whom you claimed to care.

Have a great weekend!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 22, 2019, 10:32 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 22, 2019, 5:48 pm
I can see that you're not going to assist the readership for whom you claimed to care.

Have a great weekend!
Actually I can maybe see how you get by on such a small budget, don’t leave the house much do you LS.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 23, 2019, 5:26 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 22, 2019, 10:32 pm
Actually I can maybe see how you get by on such a small budget, don’t leave the house much do you LS.
Still focused on me.

62,000 km on my Harley and 35,000 km on my truck would not support your claim. And apparently, you haven't heard about smart phones and 4G, which allow folks to access the Internet from anywhere.

Enjoy your weekend.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”