What a mess .

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.
Post Reply
User avatar
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com
Posts: 117
Joined: April 28, 2018, 10:36 am

What a mess .

Post by Old Grumpy » January 31, 2019, 7:15 am

Yes the forum I mean, nothing is organised any more, which shows what a great job BH did as a moderator, he's sadly missed. Despite having quite distinct forum headings for the likes of Sports Bars, Restaurants, Shopping etc the whole lot is now a confusing jungle, making it impossible to just read what interests you without wading through the rest of the, what I consider to be rubbish. My pet gripe is the General Udon Thani Topic which includes the ridiculous jokes topic .Every day the indicator shows new postings which when clicked turns out to be nothing at all to do with Udon Thani but another self styled comedian repeating something he has heard elsewhere that he considers funny. Okay give them an outlet for this rubbish if you must, but please make it obvious to those of us not interested what it is so we don't waste our time or more importantly miss something we might want to read but clicking "as read" the entire topic .
Just to clarify. In eating out I don't want to read about boxing, rugby or any other sport, surely that belongs in sports bars, just what 's on the menu, surely that's simple to do?

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 876
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: What a mess .

Post by Stantheman » January 31, 2019, 8:13 am

Definately living up to your name. I look and ignore what I don't want to read, no pain involved. If you think a poster is a problem just Foe them.

User avatar
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com
Posts: 117
Joined: April 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Re: What a mess .

Post by Old Grumpy » January 31, 2019, 9:47 am

Stantheman wrote:
January 31, 2019, 8:13 am
Definately living up to your name. I look and ignore what I don't want to read, no pain involved. If you think a poster is a problem just Foe them.
Of course I really don't expect you to understand, it's not any individual poster causing a problem its the lack of discipline on the forum that is causing the mayhem. Looking and ignoring is not the answer, I simply don't want to look in the first place, when I do look I want to see something that is connected with the topic title, not something not even remotely connected to it .

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 1320
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: What a mess .

Post by Udon Map » January 31, 2019, 10:39 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
January 31, 2019, 9:47 am
Stantheman wrote:
January 31, 2019, 8:13 am
Definately living up to your name. I look and ignore what I don't want to read, no pain involved. If you think a poster is a problem just Foe them.
Of course I really don't expect you to understand, it's not any individual poster causing a problem its the lack of discipline on the forum that is causing the mayhem. Looking and ignoring is not the answer, I simply don't want to look in the first place, when I do look I want to see something that is connected with the topic title, not something not even remotely connected to it.
I've never done it on this forum; but on others in which I participate, when you "foe" someone, you don't even see that they have posted. It's as if they don't exist.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 9371
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: What a mess .

Post by 747man » January 31, 2019, 11:47 am

Stantheman wrote:
January 31, 2019, 8:13 am
Definately living up to your name. I look and ignore what I don't want to read, no pain involved. If you think a poster is a problem just Foe them.
I'm Sure he is a " Happy Man " Though Stan.....

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 10774
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: What a mess .

Post by stattointhailand » January 31, 2019, 12:09 pm

Udon Map wrote:
January 31, 2019, 10:39 am
Old Grumpy wrote:
January 31, 2019, 9:47 am
Stantheman wrote:
January 31, 2019, 8:13 am
Definately living up to your name. I look and ignore what I don't want to read, no pain involved. If you think a poster is a problem just Foe them.
Of course I really don't expect you to understand, it's not any individual poster causing a problem its the lack of discipline on the forum that is causing the mayhem. Looking and ignoring is not the answer, I simply don't want to look in the first place, when I do look I want to see something that is connected with the topic title, not something not even remotely connected to it.
I've never done it on this forum; but on others in which I participate, when you "foe" someone, you don't even see that they have posted. It's as if they don't exist.
and that is the very reason that I am loathe to "Foe" anyone =;

Just because I dont agree with someones ultra right wing fake news on one thread doesnt mean that I dont want to read their well reasoned and informed opinion on a different subject [-X

stereolab
udonmap.com
Posts: 219
Joined: June 12, 2014, 11:20 am

Re: What a mess .

Post by stereolab » January 31, 2019, 12:10 pm

Udon Map wrote:
January 31, 2019, 10:39 am
Old Grumpy wrote:
January 31, 2019, 9:47 am
Stantheman wrote:
January 31, 2019, 8:13 am
Definately living up to your name. I look and ignore what I don't want to read, no pain involved. If you think a poster is a problem just Foe them.
Of course I really don't expect you to understand, it's not any individual poster causing a problem its the lack of discipline on the forum that is causing the mayhem. Looking and ignoring is not the answer, I simply don't want to look in the first place, when I do look I want to see something that is connected with the topic title, not something not even remotely connected to it.
I've never done it on this forum; but on others in which I participate, when you "foe" someone, you don't even see that they have posted. It's as if they don't exist.
Missing some posts, within a thread, because you have "foe'd" someone, might mean you have missed an important piece of information, or gleaned and interesting fact. Even the most awkward of posters get it right on occasion.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3027
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: What a mess .

Post by tamada » February 9, 2019, 9:12 am

From some comments seen on other threads, when a member is marked as 'foe' only their original posts become invisible but if someone else links a comment on that foe's post, then the foe's post is seen even though they are on the members foe list. Like the whole 'ignore' function, it's a poor tool IMHO and I agree that it can block otherwise relevant, sensible, un-opinionated posts on various subjects by a single member based on their stance on only one subject.

As for irrelevant posts popping up in the wrong category, I think that can primarily be laziness on the person posting and not considering the alternatives; a bit like the 'General' topic on the big TV forum that needs full-time moderation to move stuff where it ought to be? I have found that if you use the report feature on this forum, any incorrectly classified or misplaced threads are relocated appropriately. Help the mods by helping yourself first no?

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10064
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: What a mess .

Post by jackspratt » February 9, 2019, 10:04 am

tamada wrote:
February 9, 2019, 9:12 am
As for irrelevant posts popping up in the wrong category, ...........................
You mean like this: topic49469.html

A meaningless thread title, plunked in completely the wrong place. :shock:
Brigadier-General Spratt

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 1329
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: What a mess .

Post by noosard » February 9, 2019, 10:49 am

555 60hrs of postings on one page
not a major mess to shift through

User avatar
BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com
Posts: 165
Joined: October 28, 2010, 6:32 pm

Re: What a mess .

Post by BillaRickaDickay » February 9, 2019, 3:41 pm

A mess, fake news, trolls, pseudo peeps, this is how it is today, anything to get a positive/negative response to promote their own agenda, look at me here l am, that's why you have twats like Mr dribbles allowed to continue with his racist insults, bums on seats.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3027
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: What a mess .

Post by tamada » February 10, 2019, 7:25 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 9, 2019, 10:04 am
tamada wrote:
February 9, 2019, 9:12 am
As for irrelevant posts popping up in the wrong category, ...........................
You mean like this: topic49469.html

A meaningless thread title, plunked in completely the wrong place. :shock:
You can always click on the report button (exclamation mark) on that thread and offer it be moved to a more relevant category. Or you can make noise here which won't change much of anything but thanks for the link anyway.

Albert Finney RIP

He has gone BTW.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2367
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: What a mess .

Post by saint » February 10, 2019, 2:32 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
February 9, 2019, 3:41 pm
A mess, fake news, trolls, pseudo peeps, this is how it is today, anything to get a positive/negative response to promote their own agenda, look at me here l am, that's why you have twats like Mr dribbles allowed to continue with his racist insults, bums on seats.
You forgot all the bitterness and anger that seems the norm these days .
What happened to open , educated debate without all the personal attacks and name calling ? I dont know if its the new immigration rules rocking everyones boat , or a luner eclipse , or just that time of the month , but civility seems far away these days . Sad really sad . :( :(

Post Reply

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests