Mattresses

tamada
udonmap.com

Mattresses

Post by tamada » February 1, 2019, 9:55 am

Time to replace a couple of queen-sized mattresses. Not looking for high-end, top-dollar stuff here as it's for the beds of some lesser mortals sharing the same roof at tam mansion. But they must be decent enough quality to hold up for another 12 years or so.

Ta
tam

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Mattresses

Post by semperfiguy » February 1, 2019, 3:50 pm

Tamada, Global House on the eastern leg of the Ring Road has a good selection. Also, turn east at the traffic light just north of that Global House and see Suriya Furniture on the right as soon as you make that turn. He has a great selection and he will bargain with you. There is a mattress vendor just out the main entrance to Thai Watsaidu Hardware on the eastern leg of the Ring Road headed south from the junction at the older Big-C on Nittayo Road. I shopped all three and decided on Global House for the best comfort for less money. Good luck!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 2, 2019, 6:54 am

semperfiguy wrote:
February 1, 2019, 3:50 pm
Tamada, Global House on the eastern leg of the Ring Road has a good selection. Also, turn east at the traffic light just north of that Global House and see Suriya Furniture on the right as soon as you make that turn. He has a great selection and he will bargain with you. There is a mattress vendor just out the main entrance to Thai Watsaidu Hardware on the eastern leg of the Ring Road headed south from the junction at the older Big-C on Nittayo Road. I shopped all three and decided on Global House for the best comfort for less money. Good luck!
Good tips mate, all on my side of town and to be investigated. There's also the mattress stand in the covered parking out back of Big C Nittayo to be checked out.

TBH, the old mattresses were all the 'free' ones that came bundled with beds bought at Index a dozen years ago so probably not anywhere near premium quality from the get go. Like sleeping on a bag of rocks. FWIW, I dropped by the tents outside Index and HomePro yesterday afternoon and they had decent 6' x 6' mattresses starting around 8900 baht at Index and 10,900 at HomePro.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 2, 2019, 5:24 pm

i bought some mattresses for my pienongs at dohome , a lot choice at affordable prices and ok quality ,
for real quality mattresses i would go robinson ...they have many discounted offers too... ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 4, 2019, 9:25 am

Since it was the weekend, I stayed off the roads but did check out Thai Watsadu. The guy outside has the 6' for 7200 baht but there's some cheaper 6' on offer inside with 3800 baht being the cheapest.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » February 6, 2019, 10:52 am

tamada wrote:
February 4, 2019, 9:25 am
Since it was the weekend, I stayed off the roads but did check out Thai Watsadu. The guy outside has the 6' for 7200 baht but there's some cheaper 6' on offer inside with 3800 baht being the cheapest.
Best mattresses I have seen in town are at Robinson's, but you have to catch them on sale or they'll cost an arm and a leg.
The best gadget is the human brain.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 13, 2019, 2:57 pm

Took Mrs tam along to check out the mattresses at Thai Watsadu for the requisite firmness required by the recumbent Thai body and she picked a couple of the 4495 baht ones. Then we went to Big C and blew the rest of my 'pension cheque' on pampers and baby formula. Bloody good job I'm not retired (yet) or else I couldn't afford to drink at the Udon TAP.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 13, 2019, 4:50 pm

tamada wrote:
February 13, 2019, 2:57 pm
Took Mrs tam along to check out the mattresses at Thai Watsadu for the requisite firmness required by the recumbent Thai body and she picked a couple of the 4495 baht ones. Then we went to Big C and blew the rest of my 'pension cheque' on pampers and baby formula. Bloody good job I'm not retired (yet) or else I couldn't afford to drink at the Udon TAP.
Or Maybe Yer Shouldn't Make Babies, " Eh Tam..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2020, 9:11 am

Thread bump...

Apparently we have another Ubon cousin coming to stay at tam's orphanage, creche, burger and pizza palace so we need a new mattress for a single bed. Just in case anyone has seen a bargain on their rounds recently.

The bed frame we have is virtually unused but while it was in storage, the vinyl side got a cut in it so I need some adhesive-backed, white vinyl if anyone's seen that on their travels.

Ta
tam

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 12, 2020, 9:20 am

Maybe a bit far unless you’re on a day trip but I bought some white duct tape in Mega Home Nong Khai two weeks ago
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2020, 10:33 am

Niggly wrote:
October 12, 2020, 9:20 am
Maybe a bit far unless you’re on a day trip but I bought some white duct tape in Mega Home Nong Khai two weeks ago
Yes, white cloth tape is the cheap and easy option but since I am not rushing off to work any time soon, I was hoping to find something for a more durable and better-looking repair.

But point well taken Niggly. I was unaware of Mega Home having an outlet 'oop north' and now it's school days again, I can check it out for this and other stuff.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 12, 2020, 11:07 am

Oh, my bad, just read your post again, thought you meant a split in the mattress but you’re actually talking about the divan/frame.

In other news, Unc just happens to be in the mattress sales business so called him & he says a single mattress is 2000 baht. I’ve not bothered to check how that compares anywhere else & I can’t vouch for the quality as for some reason Mrs N decided to buy our mattresses from Global

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2020, 3:15 pm

Niggly wrote:
October 12, 2020, 11:07 am
Oh, my bad, just read your post again, thought you meant a split in the mattress but you’re actually talking about the divan/frame.

In other news, Unc just happens to be in the mattress sales business so called him & he says a single mattress is 2000 baht. I’ve not bothered to check how that compares anywhere else & I can’t vouch for the quality as for some reason Mrs N decided to buy our mattresses from Global
Good man! I have hit a few shops in town and the best price I saw on a 3 x 5 is 2190 on special at Big C (reduced from 2990). Other shops are 3800 and up. Sure I saw a 1990 baht special at DoHome a few weeks back.

I got sidetracked at Global and got a mechanics crawler for 640 baht and forgot to look at the matresses. I wonder if the cousin can sleep on that?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 12, 2020, 3:18 pm

tamada wrote:
October 12, 2020, 3:15 pm
I got sidetracked at Global and got a mechanics crawler for 640 baht and forgot to look at the matresses. I wonder if the cousin can sleep on that?
Don’t see why not. Most mechanics can when charging diagnostics by the hour

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 12, 2020, 6:04 pm

we bought a few months ago 2 single mattresses (3ft) @ dohome @ 1.760 baht/piece... ;)
20201012_182431[1].jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 13, 2020, 5:53 pm

^ Was eyeing those but they had some "Shena" brand singles for 1630 baht right down at the end so grabbed one of those instead. Having checked the usual places in and around town except Home Hub, DoHome has the best selection and easiest shopping experience with nobody trailing behind you pointing out the +8000 baht ones on special. Some eye-watering prices at Home Pro.

Return to “I'm Looking For....”