Bee keeping

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Bee keeping

Post by vincemunday » January 23, 2019, 7:56 pm

I'm making my wife a few beehives and supers (Langstroth) but before I do that I need to make sure I can buy the bees, has anyone got any experience in buying them and if so where did they buy them from?

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

udonman
udonmap.com

Re: Bee keeping

Post by udonman » January 23, 2019, 8:01 pm

Beehive stores..

TheSportsBar
udonmap.com

Post by TheSportsBar » January 23, 2019, 9:17 pm

Gidday Vince, theres a Guy here in Mozambique that has been building Hives for Local Villages so they can earn Money producing Honey. if you are 100% keen drop him an Email [email protected] His name is John and pretty switched on the Bee Business and how to get the Bees to Move in so to Speak......

Cheers Dave

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » January 23, 2019, 9:46 pm

plant the right plants and theyll move in for free as they cant resist them..budleah are good for attracting bees \:D/
the only good Tory is a lavatory

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » January 23, 2019, 9:55 pm

Very true, the Buddleia Madagascariense, it is called Rachawadee in Thai, ( butterflies bush) attracts bees and butterflies and many other small insects. It has a wonderful perfume and is a repeat bloomer. Best of luck.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 23, 2019, 10:26 pm

Cheers Dave, I'll do that. To be honest though I'll build the hives etc and she can pretty much crack on, me and farming don't happen, I try to avoid I as much as I can but I'll contact your mate, I'm sure she'd appreciate the knowledge.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 23, 2019, 10:31 pm

Thanks for the planting tips guys.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 24, 2019, 6:02 am

https:// www.facebook.com/jirapabeefarm.cm

thats is supposedly a bee farmer in Chiangmai..maybe he can help

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 24, 2019, 7:23 am

Thank you Maaka

domfromoz
udonmap.com

Post by domfromoz » January 24, 2019, 6:23 pm

in Khon Kaen you will find the Northeastern Beekeepers Association, they can provide complete hives and queens.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 24, 2019, 7:29 pm

Vi ce down the road from our house they keep many bees worth a drive and talking to them

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 24, 2019, 9:26 pm

Thanks guys, I'll give you a bell tomorrow Dunroaming if that's okay, do you know them?

Beefranky

Post by Beefranky » January 31, 2023, 7:04 am

Hi I’m Beefranky, I’m a German beekeeper, I’m happy to find this forum because I’m traveling in February to Thailand to get contact to regional beekeeper! I would like to know how the beekeeper practice beekeeping here in Thailand and I can also talk about beekeeping in Germany! I have a Tik Tok account all about my experience about my bees! You can find it under the name: Beefranky
please don't hold back and watch my videos! I show and explain practically how I keep bees in Germany! It is for professionals but also for total beginners!

Return to “I'm Looking For....”