U.S. Politics

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » January 21, 2019, 6:17 pm

20190121_124153.jpg

Only an emotionally invested frenzied brigadier would be incapable of recognizing that if a media company is calling for some action, that their call is done in an editorial, not in a news story.

Yes, the Washington comPost wants Pelosi to sit down and negotiate. Fact.
But to refuse even to talk until the government reopens does no favors to sidelined federal workers and contractors.

Unquestionably a deal would contain galling elements for both sides; that’s the nature of compromise. But a measure of statesmanship for a member of Congress now is the ability to accept some disappointments, and shrug off the inevitable attacks from purists, if it means rescuing the lives of thousands of deserving people living among us.
So it wasn't fake news or a lie as the frenzied brigadier alleged. Another one too emotionally engaged.

=====

Regarding my responses to vlad's brigadiers -- and my choices not to respond -- I have taken a position whereby I do not waste time with those who have repeatedly engaged in ad hominem attacks, straw man tactics and red herrings. On the rare occasion when I do choose to respond, it is to refute their emotional and frenzied misinformation -- as I have done above.

As an example of the foolishness, here is some idiocy that recently occurred in my latest encounter with a brigadier. Despite my providing facts and sourced information on what departments were paid and not paid in the shutdown, the brigadier offhandedly rejected it all. The hyterical irony of it all is that the source he quoted, and that he was using to claim that I was wrong, actually backed up what I had repeatedly told him -- almost word for word. He hadn't even read his own citation.

So it's not only a waste of time to provide citations to brigadiers who will just ignore them, but they don't even read their own quoted material! Their emotional investment and frenzy to GET TRUMP and play some gotcha game with me, blinds them and won't allow them to engage in reasonable civil discourse.

So I respond when I feel like it. I let the brigadiers do their own research on information that I provide because they've proven that they won't believe it anyway. If they get it wrong, I might ignore it or I might refute it. I may provide a source, or not. For the most part, I ignore them 24/7 because they have no sincere interest in what I post anyway.

As I've stated numerous times, I don't post to change the mind of a brigadier. I post for readers to be able to see the other side of the GET TRUMP agenda.

Make me laugh some more about who is responsible for any "mockery." The brigadiers have owned it from Day 1.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 21, 2019, 8:31 pm

You won't see it unless it hits you in the face you will never admit what others are saying or you will simply ignore any other posters I have tried many times to join in your views but we're flogging a dead horse so it's time for me to call it a day on this thread and let you carry on your propaganda it doesn't wash with me.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by tamada » January 21, 2019, 9:45 pm

Lone Star wrote:
January 21, 2019, 6:07 pm
tamada wrote:
January 21, 2019, 4:54 pm
Lone Star wrote:
January 19, 2019, 1:12 pm
20190119-040231.jpg

Looking very promising.
Indeed it does but with DJT only having a couple if years to go versus Li being there for as long as he wants... DJT should make much of winning the short game.
Politics in the Age of Trump is a 24 hour cycle. He's proven that while everyone focuses on eneMedia attacks on his administration, the "America First" agenda marches on. Two years is a decade in Trump Time. Anything can happen.

The fact remains that he's keeping his promises. All is well to this point.
I fully agree but benchmarking anything in dog-years is only relevant if you're a dog.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 21, 2019, 10:12 pm

WHERE'S THE MONEY (PESOS)

In someone's Bank Account?

They always said "FOLLOW THE CASH"

yartims
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by yartims » January 21, 2019, 11:24 pm

try looking for US wines in a french hypermarket ..you wont find any
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Trump has made the grade.

Post by Lone Star » January 22, 2019, 5:40 am

20190122-033812.jpg

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... -in-office

The first two years of a presidency of historic results. All results outlined in detail in the link provided.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » January 22, 2019, 5:55 am

YAWN YAWN YAWN

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 22, 2019, 7:13 am

As reported by the Washington Post
There are always two sides to every story
Promises made but NOT KEPT

government process

Impose a five-year ban on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service
Updated Jan. 29, 2017
Deadline: Apr. 13, 2017 (Passed)
See more
trade

Direct the secretary of the treasury to label China a currency manipulator
Updated Apr. 12, 2017
Deadline: Jan. 23, 2017 (Passed)
See more
immigration

Make Mexico reimburse the United States for the full cost of the wall
Updated Aug. 3, 2017
Deadline: Apr. 29, 2017 (Passed)
See more
economy

Leverage public-private partnerships and private investments through tax incentives to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years
Updated Sep. 27, 2017
See more
health care

Fully repeal and replace Obamacare
Updated Oct. 11, 2017
See more
health care

Replace Obamacare with health savings accounts
Updated Oct. 11, 2017
See more
health care

Let states manage Medicaid funds
Updated Oct. 11, 2017
See more
economy

Propose and pass tax simplification bill in which the largest tax reductions are for the middle class
Updated Dec. 16, 2017
See more
economy

Reduce the number of tax brackets from seven to three, and likewise greatly simplify tax forms
Updated Dec. 16, 2017
See more
economy

Allow Americans to deduct child care and elder care from their taxes
Updated Dec. 16, 2017
See more
economy

Incentivize employers to provide on-site child-care services
Updated Dec. 16, 2017
See more
economy

Create tax-free dependent care savings accounts for young and elderly dependents
Updated Dec. 16, 2017
See more
economy

Provide matching contributions for low-income families to the dependent care savings accounts
Updated Dec. 16, 2017
See more
education

Make two- and four-year college more affordable
Updated Jan. 1, 2018
See more
government process

Enact new ethics reforms to reduce the corrupting influence of special interests
Updated Jan. 1, 2018
See more
immigration

Fund the construction of a wall on our southern border
Updated Apr. 30, 2018
See more

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 22, 2019, 8:33 am

169 documented achievements and promises kept vs 16 still in progress or failing according to the Washington comPost.

185 goals. 169 met.

91.3% success rate.

I'll take it.

STEADY WINNING.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 22, 2019, 8:53 am

Apologies
In this report from the Washington here are the number THEY reported
Promises kept
Promises broken
Launched
Stuck
Compromise
Not yet rated

14 kept
as to 16 broken
I'll take it

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » January 22, 2019, 9:05 am

It's obvious that Trump's mother had a great deal of influence in his life well done ma

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 22, 2019, 4:21 pm

Two years after taking the oath of office, President Donald Trump has made 8,158 false or misleading claims, according to The Fact Checker’s database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

That includes an astonishing 6,000-plus such claims in the president’s second year.

Put another way: The president averaged nearly 5.9 false or misleading claims a day in his first year in office. But he hit nearly 16.5 a day in his second year, almost triple the pace.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation ... story.html

Obviously, Trump is hardly the only president who lies. Remember Obama's claim that under ObamaCare, if you like your doctor, you'll be able to keep him?

Just offering some information.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 23, 2019, 9:46 am

Even Joy Behar, a Leftist co-host on ABC's "The View" and a huge GET TRUMP brigadier, admitted on the show that the media continues to falsely report stories connecting anything they can to Trump.

Whoopi Goldberg: "So many people admitted they made snap judgments before all these other facts came in. Why is that? Why do we keep making the same mistake?"

Joy Behar: "Because we’re desperate to get Trump out of office. That’s why. I think that’s the reason. I think the press jumps the gun a lot because we just have so much circumstantial evidence against this guy that we are basically hoping Cohen’s got the goods and what have you and so It’s wishful thinking."

This was a discussion originating from the media and Leftist attacks on Catholic students attending the Pro Life Rally in Washington DC. Some of the students were wearing MAGA caps. Apparently, White, Catholic, Pro Life people wearing MAGA caps who are minding their own business are "in season" and deserve whatever they get -- just for existing.

Sometimes Leftists make a mistake and are honest about their motivations. Rare, but sometimes.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 23, 2019, 10:21 am

American media is the current opposition party and its platform is comprised of a single issue -- remove Trump.
It's pathetic to watch them fail so regularly. They have no ideas, no grasp on reality. The dreamy, idealistic visions of Bobo's hope-n-change have been replaced with spittle-spewing, hair-on-fire tirades, burning effigies, and scorched Earth strategy of killing the country as long as Trump is removed.

They (American media) are sad, feeble losers and its apparent why their message is being roundly rejected by regular Americans. They have drifted into the lunatic fringe.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 23, 2019, 11:13 am

I think one has to watch the tape of what Joy Behar said and also what Whoopi also said
Written word doe snot express at time what is actually being said due to expression, pauses and laughter in the quote
This can be understood when someone says "I am going to kill you" This can be understood in many ways written but actually hearing it , it can mean I am actually going to kill you, I am saying it jokingly, I am saying it with sarcasm.

Have a look and you be the judge

https://ijr.com/joy-behar-admits-trump- ... n-student/

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 23, 2019, 3:51 pm

Giggle wrote:
January 23, 2019, 10:21 am
American media is the current opposition party and its platform is comprised of a single issue -- remove Trump.
It's pathetic to watch them fail so regularly. They have no ideas, no grasp on reality. The dreamy, idealistic visions of Bobo's hope-n-change have been replaced with spittle-spewing, hair-on-fire tirades, burning effigies, and scorched Earth strategy of killing the country as long as Trump is removed.

They (American media) are sad, feeble losers and its apparent why their message is being roundly rejected by regular Americans. They have drifted into the lunatic fringe.
Very true. So many fake stories, unsourced or anonymous sources or no evidence or he said vs he/she said -- causing a frenzy of GET TRUMP -- only to be gone in 24 or 48 hours. Then they recycle some of the phony stories just to keep everyone ginned up. The WORST stories are the ones that seek to criminalize legal behavior. For the ignorant reader/viewer, unfortunately they believe it. "The walls are closing in" ... "bombshell information" ... "if true, this can mean nothing, but impeachment" ... "Trump should resign" ... The list of hope-for-failure doom descriptions are endless, and the most salient part of it all is that ALL of the eneMedia use the same terms on the same day -- as if they have discussed and conspired in their reporting.

I think that after 3 years -- including Trump's campaign -- even a child can see that the eneMedia is the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party. And by the way, the Democrats and eneMedia use the same terminology on the same days too. Working arm in arm.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 23, 2019, 9:46 pm

THE ADMIRAL AINT HAPPY
"You as members of the armed forces"

The commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard said Tuesday it was “unacceptable” that members of the service branch had been forced to work without pay during the ongoing partial government shutdown.
“Thank you for continuing to stay on the watch,” Adm. Karl Schultz said in a Twitter video posted Tuesday, just days before hundreds of thousands of federal workers are expected to miss their second paychecks of the year. “We’re five-plus weeks into the anxiety and stress of this government lapse and your non-pay. You, as members of the armed forces, should not be expected to shoulder this burden.”

The comments are the most forceful statements made by Schultz since the shutdown began more than 32 days ago over an impasse between Congress and President Donald Trump over his demand for $5.7 billion in funding to begin building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. Agencies across the federal government, employing about 800,000 federal workers, have been affected by the shutdown.
While most members of the armed services remain funded through the Department of Defense budget, the Coast Guard is a branch of the Department of Homeland Security, which is part of the shutdown. About 41,000 active-duty service members and 2,100 civilians have been working without pay during the shutdown, and an additional 6,000 civilians have been furloughed, according to The Washington Post.
Schultz, who said he stood “in awe” with those working without pay, said he found the stalemate between congressional Democrats and the White House “unacceptable.” He noted some members of the Coast Guard have been forced to rely on donations or food pantries to feed their families, echoing widespread stories of other federal workers struggling to pay their bills.
“This week we’ll hit another sobering milestone,” the admiral noted, “and that’s potential nonpayment of our civilians on Friday.”
Schultz and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen have been lobbying lawmakers to pass a budget deal to reopen the government. In a statement this week, Nielsen called on “Congress to do its job and pay our military now.”

Coast Guard members have also been speaking to their representatives in an attempt to share the difficulties caused by the missed paychecks. Jon Ostrowski, president of the Coast Guard Petty Officers Association, told the Military Times on Tuesday that branch retirees were starting to worry about the length of the shutdown.
“They can’t pay their rent,” Ostrowski told the news organization. “Many may have made arrangements with landlords or banks to help them for the first month. Missing another paycheck will hit them hard.”
The Senate is expected to vote on competing bills to at least temporarily end the shutdown on Thursday. One bill would give Trump his wall funding while another, backed by Democrats, would fund the government through early February without a wall, to give lawmakers a renewed chance at negotiations.
Neither are expected to gather the 60 votes required to advance the legislation, and it’s likely federal workers will miss their second paychecks on Friday.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 24, 2019, 5:56 am

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 24, 2019, 9:15 am

Harvard/Harris Poll -- not nearly conservative -- 8-in-10 Americans Want ‘Tough’ Restrictions on Legal Immigration from Dangerous Countries.

In a breakdown by party:
Republican - 94% in favor
Democrat - 71% in favor
Independent - 79% in favor

The same poll reflected that 84% of American voters wants US foreign aid reduced or ended to terrorist-producing countries.

It is not a stretch to think that these same respondents would feel similarly to illegal aliens.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » January 24, 2019, 10:05 am

Why is it that illegal immigrants when caught , start bleating about their rights ? They have no rights , they are illegal !!
Someone goes to the trouble to go through the proper channels legally , they get checked out , before they are allowed in .
These illegals invading your southern borders go through no such check , and they should .
So if it takes a wall , and maybe a mine field to keep them out , thats what it takes .
The dems should be ashamed of them selves for holding the country to ransom .
The southern border was on Trumps agenda before he won the election , so why are they being such bad losers .
If they had not rigged their primary to help the chipmonk and her glass ceiling , then i doubt Trump would be in the Whitehouse today .
They have got exactly what they deserved .

Return to “U.S. Politics”