asylum seekers & why Britain ,

General Udon Thani topics only!
Hoopoe
udonmap.com

asylum seekers & why Britain ,

Post by Hoopoe » January 6, 2019, 6:59 pm

Been checking a few things out i thought were false/fake ,but was astonished to find this ,
https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: asylum seekers & why Britain ,

Post by stattointhailand » January 6, 2019, 7:15 pm

May be i'm missing something here, what what exactly is "astonishing" ? All I see is the very basic needs to survive, shelter, health, school and enough for very basic food/cleaning rations :-k

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » January 6, 2019, 9:31 pm

in france its very hard to get hard cash bennys and support .it takes years if ever hence the boats flooding across the channel full of Iraqis and Iranians .UK is a soft touch hence the desperate influx
the only good Tory is a lavatory

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » January 7, 2019, 12:48 am

Basically the same in Canada, if you do not want to immigrate properly just say you are a refugee. if you are a Canadian Muslim, go to Afghanistan and fight for the Taliban and kill American soldiers, get caught and end up in military jail in the U.S. you just plead for the Canadian government to rescue you. If they do not do it fast enough just sue them and get a 10.5 million dollar reward. Meanwhile our tax's just keep going up and up. As well when we applied for my Thai wife to get a resident card in Canada it took almost 2 years and a lot of cash and trouble. During that time she was not allowed to drive, work, go to school or receive any Medical even though I was willing to pay for it.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 7, 2019, 2:13 am

How come humans in the English Channel are the UK’s responsibility but the fish belong to the EU?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » January 7, 2019, 5:10 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 6, 2019, 7:15 pm
May be i'm missing something here, what what exactly is "astonishing" ? All I see is the very basic needs to survive, shelter, health, school and enough for very basic food/cleaning rations :-k
The astonishing part of all this is ,home grown , homeless people including,destitute soldiers whom have found themselves on the streets, Some who have at least in part contributed into the system , do no get these offers ,
But just to put a cap on it ,,these (and i use the term loosely )Asylum seekers have crossed perfectly safe countless country's to get there , there fore are no longer asylum seekers in danger ,

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » January 7, 2019, 9:20 am

Hoopoe wrote:
January 7, 2019, 5:10 am
stattointhailand wrote:
The astonishing part of all this is ,home grown , homeless people including,destitute soldiers whom have found themselves on the streets, Some who have at least in part contributed into the system , do no get these offers ,
But just to put a cap on it ,,these (and i use the term loosely )Asylum seekers have crossed perfectly safe countless country's to get there , there fore are no longer asylum seekers in danger ,
english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg
english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg (54.73 KiB) Viewed 990 times

SaneMax
udonmap.com

Post by SaneMax » January 9, 2019, 4:07 am

Hoopoe wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:
You seem to be asking the wrong question.

The question should NOT be why do we treat refugees reasonably but why do these other people in need get treated so badly.

You are seriously naive if you think this is an either or question, either refugees or indigenous people, its a question of why are all the top top companies not paying tax on huge profits, why are UK assets sold off cheaply and why are there 10 times the amount of homes required to house the homeless empty.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 9, 2019, 5:21 am

SaneMax wrote:
January 9, 2019, 4:07 am
Hoopoe wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:
You seem to be asking the wrong question.

The question should NOT be why do we treat refugees reasonably but why do these other people in need get treated so badly.

You are seriously naive if you think this is an either or question, either refugees or indigenous people, its a question of why are all the top top companies not paying tax on huge profits, why are UK assets sold off cheaply and why are there 10 times the amount of homes required to house the homeless empty.
I had a good friend who worked for a very large (& prosperous) homeless charity. Part of her job was placing homeless people into accommodation, sometimes she would have to decide between 2 young people, who was most eligible at that time to be in a shelter. She found it difficult at times when they were both female, knowing that the other one would continue to live on the streets, even though, as you mention there are many empty - & suitable properties.

Every winter, young homeless people in every UK city, die on the streets from the cold.

Wouldn't happen to an asylum seeker, I'm willing to bet....

(btw Max, you're on tvf na? So am I)

SaneMax
udonmap.com

Post by SaneMax » January 10, 2019, 2:01 am

I'm not on tvf (I'm fact I had to check what it was ).

I'm not suggesting that the system is in anyway just or equitable but whilst we are looking at the guy next to us and saying he's got one more than me, those who have a thousand times more than both of us put together are escaping scrutiny.

No one should be homeless in a small nation which has the 6th largest economy in the world.

Britain maybe a bit easier for refugees than France but Germany, Sweden, The Netherlands, Norway and Portugal to name a few of many are more generous.

Why we are so unsympathetic to 'our own' is another question and it needs addressing urgently.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”