'tis the season......to help out the needy

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

'tis the season......to help out the needy

Post by parrot » December 5, 2018, 3:03 pm

The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10249 in Udon tries to help out a needy school/other facility at least once per quarter. A member from the Khonkaen area and his wife set out last month to help an orphanage in their area........and found another center that cares for very young children.......it appears most are abandoned and in dire need of help.

This member is going to collect clothes for children ages infant-8 years old at our next meeting at the Charoen Hotel on 12 December at 10:00AM.
If you're interested in helping out, bring clothes (infant formula also accepted) to the meeting room, immediately next to the small coffee station at the hotel, between 9:30 and 10:00. If you don't have any old clothes and still want to help, consider stopping by a place like Bo Bay, next to Global and picking some up cheap.
Thanks for your holiday spirit.

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: 'tis the season......to help out the needy

Post by Barney » December 5, 2018, 8:25 pm

Parrot this is very nice gesture of these people and the group to help those disadvantaged and in need.
There are a number of items that can be donated that help these babies and the older toddlers that people may not even think would help. Unfortunately I am not there to donate but will follow this closely as to where the location of the orphanage is. I know that some lads and bars in UT donate to orphanages etc during the year and that's to be applauded.
When I lived in Vung Tau Vietnam some years ago the GF I was with at the time took me to an orphanage. Very sad sight to see the the many orphaned or abandoned babies and kids, some severely disabled. We would donate as regular as we could, the dedication of all the staff, some in a voluntary capacity, was an eye opener to me. No real beds and kids placed on the floor, plenty of care and love provided. The place was always spotless.
Not knowing the place here in Thailand and what they would want, but if similar to Vietnam I found that simple laydown type rugs were appreciated for the kids on the floor, toiletries soap, powder etc, general cleaning products, some towels, even nappies. I would collect small amounts of cash from the bars. One thing I did donate was bags of rice, always appreciated as the women would cook and feed the kids and themselves. Not much Govt assistance.
Naturally, as Parrot has mentioned clothes are always appreciated. Good clean 2nd hand or new.
Good luck to these people in their quest to achieve their Christmas goal.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 26, 2018, 8:03 pm

We have received an email from someone who would like the geolocation coordinates of the orphanage just south of the city. I've given him/her 17.314837, 102.847328. If anyone here has additional information, please post it here. Thank you.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 26, 2018, 9:14 pm

Udon Map wrote:
December 26, 2018, 8:03 pm
We have received an email from someone who would like the geolocation coordinates of the orphanage just south of the city. I've given him/her 17.314837, 102.847328. If anyone here has additional information, please post it here. Thank you.
That’s right
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 26, 2018, 10:28 pm

Niggly wrote:
December 26, 2018, 9:14 pm
Udon Map wrote:
December 26, 2018, 8:03 pm
That’s right
Thanks, Niggly.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 27, 2018, 7:48 am

The last time we took clothes that we bought from the wholesalers, underwear, socks, shoes etc and they were extremely grateful but they asked if the next time we would ask them what they needed which we did and ended up buying bras and stuff for the older girls. So, if you're thinking about donating it's a great idea if you ask them what they need, it's better to buy something they're short of.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”