Really urgent I need a vet

General Udon Thani topics only!
dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Really urgent I need a vet

Post by dunroaming » December 11, 2018, 8:03 pm

2nd she's on the mend might need some tlc for a while and good to know vet available 24 hours. Premises not as important as treatment that's for sure

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 13, 2018, 8:31 am

Hows she doing Vince ?

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » December 15, 2018, 7:39 am

I think marjamlew would agree with you "saint" You really do need a VET!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 15, 2018, 4:51 pm

Yeah she's on the mend still Saint, second time she's nearly died the first time she had Parvo and this time poisoned, she's a survivor, perhaps it's testament to her Soi Dog past that she's so tough. She's still quite sick, still not eating but she's brighter and feels strong enough to warn my Rottie Millie to leave her treats alone which is a good sign. Hopefully her liver that was damaged by the poison will mend and she will be back to normal, we hope. Thanks for asking.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 16, 2018, 2:14 am

Pleased to hear that Vince , theyre survivors all right .
Could the vet tell you what sort of poison it might have been at all ?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 16, 2018, 8:40 am

No, they couldn't define the poison, I don't think they have the tech here yet but I doubt it was a toad, after speaking to people their poison makes dogs really ill but they get over it quite quickly, Mandy is still struggling to eat and I'm having to force feed her, seems a bit cruel but it's keeping her going. So far we've tried her on Chicken, Tuna, Liver, Sausages, Eggs, Fish, dog meat, dried food (adult and puppy), hot dogs, rice and so on....but the only thing she's eaten of her own volition is barbecued chicken offal so we'll buy her some sticks of that until she gets her appetite back. We did actually call the vet and she's told us not to worry too much because she's running around, chasing birds and acting quite normally, she's due to go back tomorrow for more blood tests anyway. All in all I think she's going to pull through providing I can keep her eating. In the interim I've bought a snake catcher, a big bucket and a led lamp and I've been walking around the garden each night looking for nasties and I've been dumping what I've found over the cane fields, I've also had any small gaps in the perimeter closed down as much as I can, I've installed two more cctv cameras and put some of my floodlights on PIR's so I've done pretty much all I can to secure the place. Fingers crossed.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 16, 2018, 9:01 am

Poor dog , but at least shes on the mend .
Soi dog or no , you take them in and they become family . Good luck with the tests .

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 16, 2018, 4:30 pm

All joking aside have you tried her on baby food or milk based supplement foods just to keep her strength up

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 17, 2018, 3:17 pm

Vince
Thanks for posting the telephone number of the vet who helped your Mandy. The info has probably saved my wee Beagles life. Spent a very unpleasant Saturday night pulling 3 half delivered, dead puppies out of Mea Mea as both vets numbers we have were not responding. The local guy had been earlier that day and gave her a couple of jabs to induce her but he is more a big farm animal vet and the other number; it turns out that the practice has closed. She was a lot brighter on Sunday but seemed to be still straining a fair bit but we had no idea where or if any vets would be open on a Sunday. Checked her this morning and there was a 25% delivered pup visible and she was obviously in some trouble. I remembered your initial post and checked it out, seen the number and started the process. She has been operated on, cleaned out and is now on an IV recovering. Thanks buddy.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » December 17, 2018, 3:32 pm

AlexO wrote:
December 17, 2018, 3:17 pm
Vince
Thanks for posting the telephone number of the vet who helped your Mandy. The info has probably saved my wee Beagles life. Spent a very unpleasant Saturday night pulling 3 half delivered, dead puppies out of Mea Mea as both vets numbers we have were not responding. The local guy had been earlier that day and gave her a couple of jabs to induce her but he is more a big farm animal vet and the other number; it turns out that the practice has closed. She was a lot brighter on Sunday but seemed to be still straining a fair bit but we had no idea where or if any vets would be open on a Sunday. Checked her this morning and there was a 25% delivered pup visible and she was obviously in some trouble. I remembered your initial post and checked it out, seen the number and started the process. She has been operated on, cleaned out and is now on an IV recovering. Thanks buddy.
Great news. I've also saved that number for after-hours emergencies.

Thanks again for that number, Vince!
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 17, 2018, 4:25 pm

It's actually Doug Isles and his Missus Lek, the owners of Leks ranch and fishing who deserve the thanks as it was them who found the vet for me, they were very kind and did lots of phoning round for me while I ran from vet to vet like a headless chicken, I'm sure he will be pleased to hear the vet saved another dogs life.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”