Australia to Deport Criminals and Others

General Udon Thani topics only!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Australia to Deport Criminals and Others

Post by stattointhailand » October 31, 2018, 11:37 am

maaka wrote:
October 31, 2018, 6:13 am
Do not make the same mistake Barney as the last fella, in thinking that is me in my avatar.
:shock: Another one of life's little certainties shattered .......... I suppose youre going to say the same about Barney's avitar after I stopped the car in the village the other day to say hello to him 8-[

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 12, 2018, 11:18 am

How can a guy convicted of a crime committed in 2014 (all be it in absentia) and sentenced to 10 years for that supposed crime, be granted Refugee status into Australia "Last Year" (i.e. in 2017), 3 years after the conviction. What, did he lie on his Application Form, or they, the Australian Immigration Department just not check him out, because he plays sports?

Must be something wrong with the assessment process [-X

As for Ms Marise Payne, she should know better - He was initially arrested on the basis of an Interpol “Red Notice” issued at Bahrain’s request on 08 November 2018.

Time will tell [-(

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... t-13640949

Extract: THE FUTURE of an ex-Bahrain national footballer, who has been granted Australian refugee status, was left hanging in the balance after a Thai court yesterday ruled in favour of detaining him for another 60 days pending an official extradition request from his native country.

Hakeem al-Araibi, was arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport on November 27 at the request of Bahraini authorities. He was on a stopover in Bangkok on his way back to Australia after a holiday with his wife.

The court, meanwhile, said the arrest was legitimate because it had been requested by its Bahraini counterpart, which accused the footballer of crimes involving arson, illegal gathering and possession of inflammable objects in 2012. Al-Araibi fled to Australia and was granted refugee status last year. However, he was convicted in absentia in 2014 on charges of vandalising a police station in the Gulf state

The Australian government and human rights organisations have, meanwhile, called for his release, with the Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne calling for his “immediate return”. The Australian ambassador to Thailand has also raised the issue with the Thai immigration bureau, demanding that al-Araibi be released immediately as he is protected under the United Nations refugee treaty.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 12, 2018, 6:44 pm

If you know anything about Gulf politics, you will know that Bahrein crushed their 'Arab Spring' with the help of Saudi troops. The 'dissidents' are nearly all Shia's who are treated as second class citizens (or not as citizens at all) by the Sunni (minority) government. Any dissent is treated harshly.

from Wikipedia -
The government has made concerted efforts to erode the Shiite citizen majority and tip the country’s demographic balance in favor of the Sunni minority, mostly by recruiting foreign-born Sunnis to serve in the security forces and become citizens. Meanwhile, hundreds of Bahrainis have had their citizenship revoked in recent years, including a number of Shiite leaders and activists. Since 2011, the government has maintained a heavy security presence in primarily Shiite villages. Security personnel restrict the movements of Shiite citizens and periodically destroy their property.
Bahrain has 40 MP's, all Sunni. Bahrein say 51% of Muslims there are Sunni, but it is actually about 45%, with 55% Shia according to US government sources.

So what chance the criminal charges are genuine? Not Much.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 12, 2018, 10:22 pm

rick wrote:
December 12, 2018, 6:44 pm
If you know anything about Gulf politics, you will know that Bahrein crushed their 'Arab Spring' with the help of Saudi troops. The 'dissidents' are nearly all Shia's who are treated as second class citizens (or not as citizens at all) by the Sunni (minority) government. Any dissent is treated harshly.

from Wikipedia -
The government has made concerted efforts to erode the Shiite citizen majority and tip the country’s demographic balance in favor of the Sunni minority, mostly by recruiting foreign-born Sunnis to serve in the security forces and become citizens. Meanwhile, hundreds of Bahrainis have had their citizenship revoked in recent years, including a number of Shiite leaders and activists. Since 2011, the government has maintained a heavy security presence in primarily Shiite villages. Security personnel restrict the movements of Shiite citizens and periodically destroy their property.
Bahrain has 40 MP's, all Sunni. Bahrein say 51% of Muslims there are Sunni, but it is actually about 45%, with 55% Shia according to US government sources.

So what chance the criminal charges are genuine? Not Much.

There is always a chance, but then again are you going let the Politicians and or Ambassadors, question all court decisions in all countries, or only be selective in those that you may wish to disagree with.

I wasn't debating his innocence or guilt.

I was questioning (our) the Australian Immigration Departments process of Entry, that refuses to grant some Asian Countries and or People from certain "Walks of Life", a travel/tourist visa, on the AID argument that they either don't have a good paying permanent job that they will return to or that they might possibly over stay their travel visa, but then go and grant a person with a Recorded Conviction of 10 years, his Permanent Residence Status? Comes across as very hypocritical to me. [-X [-X

Or are you asserting that the Australian Immigration, took the time to read the Bahraini court transcripts and have it properly adjudicated by a Judge, before saying "We - the A Immigration Dept", disagree with that court decision, so we will let him in?? I can assure you that the Australian Immigration Department is not that diligent.

Are you suggesting that the Australian Immigration Department did a proper back ground check in him? I can assure you that they didn't.

Re. So what chance the criminal charges are genuine? Not Much. - So what, you have read his Case File as well, have you ?? [-( I think not.

He was granted his Permanent Residence Status in Australia, as a political favor to ............ , in exchange for [-X ...............

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”