Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 10777
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » December 5, 2018, 1:56 pm

parrot wrote:
December 5, 2018, 8:59 am
No surprise, really. The stores have been advertising the no-bag policy for some time.......couple of months. You can do Google reminders to alert you when you arrive at our favorite shopping locations to bring a bag

Is this a case of "1984" and all that ?

How the hell does "google" know that I'm going shopping when I have no idea myself at the time I leave the house?

Perhaps google is the mega computer run by the white mice, and they are in total control of what we are thinking and doing :lol:

User avatar
TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com
Posts: 753
Joined: March 19, 2017, 2:08 pm

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 5, 2018, 2:24 pm

can google tell you to put shopping bags in your car before you arrive at the supermarket????

nmcd1649
udonmap.com
Posts: 83
Joined: July 28, 2014, 4:09 pm
Location: Cork/Udon

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by nmcd1649 » December 5, 2018, 2:47 pm

In Ireland supermarkets done away with plastic bags many years ago...it becomes a force of habit to always have at least one or two of the 'bags for life' in your car just in case you decide to go do a bit of shopping ..it's no big issue...some folks just handle changes....get over it times they are a changing...and in this case all for the good...😂😂😂
We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing......"George Bernard Shaw"...

User avatar
TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com
Posts: 753
Joined: March 19, 2017, 2:08 pm

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 5, 2018, 2:49 pm

can google remind you to take the car before you go the supermarket???

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 689
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by dunroaming » December 5, 2018, 3:18 pm

seems best option start to always carry a back back when you go out pack it with bags and loo roll anyone have any suggestions what else we shopping commandos will need?

nmcd1649
udonmap.com
Posts: 83
Joined: July 28, 2014, 4:09 pm
Location: Cork/Udon

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by nmcd1649 » December 5, 2018, 3:30 pm

Taxifor7/11 your soooo funny and comical...you must be fantastic company on a night out...laughs all night long...😂😂😂
We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing......"George Bernard Shaw"...

User avatar
TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com
Posts: 753
Joined: March 19, 2017, 2:08 pm

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 5, 2018, 3:34 pm

so me nan keeps telling me

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 2703
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by Barney » December 5, 2018, 3:39 pm

dunroaming wrote:
December 5, 2018, 3:18 pm
seems best option start to always carry a back back when you go out pack it with bags and loo roll anyone have any suggestions what else we shopping commandos will need?
Best advice is to get a missus to do your shopping.
But i suppose some just like to push the trolley through the aisles and falang sections and try to look interested, then complain about the whole experience. No bags, shrinking shops etc etc. :roll:

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 689
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by dunroaming » December 5, 2018, 3:47 pm

So are you going to follow the big supermarkets and stop plastic bags at your shop too? maybe shop will be busier if you keep the bags. Thinking about Tesco and Big C what are they going to do with the millions of bags they still have in stock - landfill them oh well that would really help!!!

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 10777
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » December 5, 2018, 4:53 pm

dunroaming wrote:
December 5, 2018, 3:47 pm
So are you going to follow the big supermarkets and stop plastic bags at your shop too? maybe shop will be busier if you keep the bags. Thinking about Tesco and Big C what are they going to do with the millions of bags they still have in stock - landfill them oh well that would really help!!!
Give one away free with every B200 you spend:-k

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1210
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by RLTrader » December 6, 2018, 2:35 pm

Hmm
Dec 6 2018 just came from big Tesco spent 2,268.25 baht everything was put into a plastic bags, didn't count them but must have been 8 to 10 bags. Some had 1 item in it.

Had wife ask and she was told it was just a one day thing Dec 4 for kings holiday.

Sure can't believe everything you see on net, thats for sure. :lol:

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 10777
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » December 11, 2018, 7:05 pm

Just back from Old Tesco B2k shopping 15 plastic carrier bags to put it in.

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 689
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by dunroaming » December 11, 2018, 8:17 pm

B2K about 130 baht a bag that's a lot of noodles and water lol

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 10777
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by stattointhailand » February 4, 2019, 6:32 pm

It would appear that Tesco are having another go a being "GREEN" and not issuing plastic bags.
Wonder how long it will last this time?

Divvy little lass on checkout asked me about 10 times if I wanted whatever she had in her hand at the time in a paper bag (as if I was going to carry every item one by one :roll: ) Due to the fact that you can only get 3 bottles of drink in a paper bag and various other things can only be in one's or twos, and there are no handles, I ended up having to make 9 trips from the car to the kitchen (instead of the usual 2 or 3). I now have 16 used slightly torn paper bags that I have placed in a very large black plastic rubbish sack and put it out for the dustmen :evil:
I also at some time in the future will not have any plastic bin bags and so have to go and buy even more plastic bags for that job ......... Thank you to the brainless morons at Tesco go and collect your free nobel prize for saving the environment NOT [-X [-X [-X

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 826
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Tesco to discontinue plastic bags

Post by newtovillagelife » February 4, 2019, 6:37 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 4, 2019, 6:32 pm
It would appear that Tesco are having another go a being "GREEN" and not issuing plastic bags.
Wonder how long it will last this time?

Divvy little lass on checkout asked me about 10 times if I wanted whatever she had in her hand at the time in a paper bag (as if I was going to carry every item one by one :roll: ) Due to the fact that you can only get 3 bottles of drink in a paper bag and various other things can only be in one's or twos, and there are no handles, I ended up having to make 9 trips from the car to the kitchen (instead of the usual 2 or 3). I now have 16 used slightly torn paper bags that I have placed in a very large black plastic rubbish sack and put it out for the dustmen :evil:
I also at some time in the future will not have any plastic bin bags and so have to go and buy even more plastic bags for that job ......... Thank you to the brainless morons at Tesco go and collect your free nobel prize for saving the environment NOT [-X [-X [-X
If all the shoppers using plastic bags last year had used paper bags instead, they would have increased the amount of solid waste by over 100 million tons and taken up 7 times more space in landfills.

They don't have a clue.....

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests