Not good news for house sellers

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Not good news for house sellers

Post by Charlieb » December 5, 2018, 1:01 pm

Maybe good news for Buyers?

From the Bangkok Post:

Developers fret over BoT curbs, economy

Tough times for the residential property market in Udon Thani and Khon Kaen will continue into 2019 amid an expected poor economy and the Bank of Thailand's new requirements on mortgage lending, say local developers.

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Not good news for house sellers

Post by GT93 » December 5, 2018, 1:42 pm

I understood that Udon isn't a great place for house sellers anyway. New housing is way more popular. Has that been changing?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 5, 2018, 1:54 pm

Thais are very superstitious people so they tend to buy new or build there own as they believe second hand houses are unlucky as usually someone dies or goes broke before house is put up for sale or gets divorced therefore house is already cursed.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » December 6, 2018, 11:34 am

I've been told repeatedly that that home loans to purchase new housing has been much easier for Thais to get, than it is for purchasing used homes.
The best gadget is the human brain.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » December 6, 2018, 1:27 pm

Maybe they would have better luck selling in the UK..
<<Laboratory tests on samples taken from parts of Mr Fascione's home showed the amount of sand was almost three times higher than recommended.

"I'm the guy who retired and decided to buy a new-build house," he said. "I'll never buy a new-build house again - never. It's just been disastrous for me." >>

New homes 'crumbling due to weak mortar'
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46454844

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » December 7, 2018, 6:40 pm

what happens when a farang dies on the property how easy is it to sell ?
the only good Tory is a lavatory

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 8, 2018, 2:10 am

runrunshaw wrote:
December 6, 2018, 11:34 am
I've been told repeatedly that that home loans to purchase new housing has been much easier for Thais to get, than it is for purchasing used homes.
This is true , but only if you use the same bank the property developer borrowed the money from to do the development in the first place . Probably at a slightly higher rate of interest .

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 8, 2018, 10:35 am

the problem is if they need to borrow from the bank , the bank will always push the homes for sale in their own portfolio of confiscated properties , the loan will be more easy...., and outside the portfolio the loan will be (mostly)refused ,this in case of second hand properties...as info.. ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 10, 2018, 7:44 pm

yartims wrote:
December 7, 2018, 6:40 pm
what happens when a farang dies on the property how easy is it to sell ?
Most farangs actually die in hospital since the option of dying at home, even if desired, opens a whole can of worms on getting death certificates, release of bodies to the next of kin and the like because the plod have to get involved. Mate of mine, terminal cancer, just wanted to go home and pass away in his retirement mansion looking out the window on his estate but due to the above malarkey, he had to bite the bullet in hospital. Actually, it's easier to get a foreigners body released if that person has committed suicide rather than a peaceful passing in ones sleep. TiT.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 11, 2018, 5:07 am

This is Thailand . Yes there will be more paperwork if you decide to have your final moments at home , but money talks and bull shyt walks . Anyone can come to a financial understanding with plod here .
Im not dying in hospital . No way Pedro . That is if i have a choice .
Besides the hospital send the locals home to die , usually without any support for the family .

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 12, 2018, 8:04 am

the only difference dying at home or the hospital will be noticed in the relatives wallet , dying in hospital will give them a hefty bill , and sometimes also not easy to release the body , when dying at home , a doctor will come at home confirming the dead and will arrange for the death certificate , if natural dead , the body is not transferred to the hospital but go's directly to the coroner ....no fuss , no big hospital bills ...as it happened with my sister in law falang husband...as info... ;)

Return to “House & Land”