POSSIBLE PROOF OF INCOME SOLUTION???

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
vidmaster
udonmap.com

POSSIBLE PROOF OF INCOME SOLUTION???

Post by vidmaster » November 29, 2018, 5:00 pm

Anyone see this on ThaiVisa re POI?
Pattaya/ Jomtien
Report from a fellow expat is that the copy shop next to Jomtien IO is charging 10 thousand baht to "certify" your income documents. It's outrageous, but still cheaper than a "visa agency". Another place in Soi Bukhao called "Cambodia Inter, Tour and Travel" is offering this service at a price not yet disclosed. We need more competition to get the price down to a reasonable level.
A copy shop can now "certify" your income and immigration accepts it.
Its probably better not to post at all rather than this sort of rubbish.

It would be the same deal as any other agent, for a fee they deal with immigration and get you and extension. They are not certifying your income.

The same shop has offered relatively high rates for other things. They can get your "Non-O stamp" done, etc.

I'm not sure why immigration would accept something that pays them less than the usual "agent sponsored" extension - but maybe they are creating a "middle-ground" for those who actually have the valid income, but will be locked-out of using it by the embassy-letter issue.
The copy shop is OWNED by Immigration personnel. That is almost common knowledge. They drove several other shops out of the business of doing copies for Immigration. The continued pretense that everything done here is "legitimate", almost beggars belief. One shady door closes, another shady door opens. The magic of "tea money".
Exactly. Foreigners love to call things shady or unethical here, but it’s just how they do business.

I read so many posts of guys struggling with their visa or whatever government thing they are dealing with and it’s always because they are trying to do things the proper way.

News flash, look around you, NOTHING is done the proper way here. Thais know this and and act accordingly. But for whatever reason many foreigners draw the line and refuse to participate in doing things the Thai way, while at the same time doing everything they can do be as Thai as possible.

Thais take short cuts. They bribe people. They cheat every chance they get. It’s the glue that holds this broken society together. The sooner people understand this and play their game by their rules, the easier their life will become. Or do it the hard way and swim upstream for the rest of your life. Up to you.
Will it happen here?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: POSSIBLE PROOF OF INCOME SOLUTION???

Post by Giggle » November 29, 2018, 5:13 pm

Pssst. They don't give a rat's ass about your income -- real or imagined. They want to see CASH in a Thai bank.

A copy shop "certifying" income -- good one -- maybe they can farm the task out to 7-11 or the Lotto ticket schleppers.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 29, 2018, 5:52 pm

Are these shops providing an "official red seal" on their documents?/

I was informed a couple of years ago by Udon Immigration that as long as the document had the "embassy seal" on it then it was ok (no seal or just a photocopy was not acceptable). I have not heard or seen anything yet to say that Udon Immigration had changed its rules

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » November 30, 2018, 6:15 am

It may be the Thai way to do whatever, but, being a foreigner and feeling the need to follow Thai ways will get you in the end. Essentially it's just a reason not to bother doing things the correct way.
As they say, not if but when.
When it happens, best to be prepared with somewhere else to hang out or at least deep pockets.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 30, 2018, 7:58 am

vidmaster wrote:
November 29, 2018, 5:00 pm
Pattaya/ Jomtien
Report from a fellow expat is that the copy shop next to Jomtien IO is charging 10 thousand baht to "certify" your income documents. It's outrageous, but still cheaper than a "visa agency". ...
A guy I work with has been using the copy shop next door to the Jomtien Immigration for his retirement extension filing for the last 4 years. He gives them his passport, bank book (with whatever balance happens to be in it at the time) and 19k baht in CASH and next day he has his new extension. No lump sum, no seasoning no income letters, just 19k baht cash.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 30, 2018, 8:15 am

All of that is fine and dandy. Great if that's how someone has to get it done.

Still better have your stuff together for what Udon Immigration (or your local office) will want to see.

What happens at one immigration office does not mean it will happen at another one. We all know this to be true already. What happens for you and me or someone else today, may not happen for any of us tomorrow -- or maybe only for one of us.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » November 30, 2018, 9:19 am

tamada wrote:
November 30, 2018, 7:58 am
He gives them his passport, bank book (with whatever balance happens to be in it at the time) and 19k baht in CASH and next day he has his new extension.
Does he get a signed receipt? :-$
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 30, 2018, 11:28 am

Hope the guy isn't a Brit tam :-k

GRO would be horrified to think that he did not have THEIR passport in HIS possession overnight (same reason you cant leave passport at hotel reception and have to make them take a photocopy).

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » December 1, 2018, 3:42 pm

vidmaster wrote:
November 29, 2018, 5:00 pm
Pattaya/ Jomtien
Report from a fellow expat is that the copy shop next to Jomtien IO is charging 10 thousand baht to "certify" your income documents. It's outrageous, but still cheaper than a "visa agency". Another place in Soi Bukhao called "Cambodia Inter, Tour and Travel" is offering this service at a price not yet disclosed. We need more competition to get the price down to a reasonable level.
A copy shop can now "certify" your income and immigration accepts it.
Its probably better not to post at all rather than this sort of rubbish.

It would be the same deal as any other agent, for a fee they deal with immigration and get you and extension. They are not certifying your income.

The same shop has offered relatively high rates for other things. They can get your "Non-O stamp" done, etc.

I'm not sure why immigration would accept something that pays them less than the usual "agent sponsored" extension - but maybe they are creating a "middle-ground" for those who actually have the valid income, but will be locked-out of using it by the embassy-letter issue.
The copy shop is OWNED by Immigration personnel. That is almost common knowledge. They drove several other shops out of the business of doing copies for Immigration. The continued pretense that everything done here is "legitimate", almost beggars belief. One shady door closes, another shady door opens. The magic of "tea money".
Exactly. Foreigners love to call things shady or unethical here, but it’s just how they do business.

I read so many posts of guys struggling with their visa or whatever government thing they are dealing with and it’s always because they are trying to do things the proper way.

News flash, look around you, NOTHING is done the proper way here. Thais know this and and act accordingly. But for whatever reason many foreigners draw the line and refuse to participate in doing things the Thai way, while at the same time doing everything they can do be as Thai as possible.

Thais take short cuts. They bribe people. They cheat every chance they get. It’s the glue that holds this broken society together. The sooner people understand this and play their game by their rules, the easier their life will become. Or do it the hard way and swim upstream for the rest of your life. Up to you.
Will it happen here?
There's a lot of truth in your words. Uncomfortable truths that many farangs don't want to accept.

After waiting for four days for a Land Office guy to come out and sign off on some paperwork so we could begin construction of a new house, I insisted my wife go pay the tea money. She's a pennypincher and didn't want to pay a bribe just to get him to do his job.

As soon as she paid the thousand baht in an envelope, we got our papers signed. We ain't in Kansas anymore, Dorothy. If you want Kansas, get on a plane and go the ---- back.
The best gadget is the human brain.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 1, 2018, 5:25 pm

I dislike corruption , but unfortunately in this part of the world its bordering on a national sport .
So , whilst living here , dispite not liking it , you sometimes have no choice but to go along with it unfortunately .
I agree with RRS make it work for you and yours . Nearly every government establishment will expect some thing from you , just to do their job .
Happened to me numerous times . Its pay up , or get the run around for like , ever .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 1, 2018, 6:45 pm

Don't see any sense in equating the end of embassy income letters with corruption. My guess is more likely that some problem maker got caught with his pants down and no money inside his pockets.

And now time for my annual rose-colored glasses view of life here.....22 years, paid 500 baht for a transfer to new passport, 100 baht change from 2000 for visa extension probably a few times, a 20 baht 'tip' for a 90 day check, 100 baht once to a rogue cop along the highway, several traffic fines for laws that I clearly violated, and 500 baht to get my first driver's license under the table (that was then). I've passed through probably hundreds of police stops without incident, my wife has bought 2 pieces of land and sold one without incident, renewed my drivers license several times without incident, had an older vehicle inspected by government office several times without incident, yellow book same same, pink ID card same same, my wife her Thai passport and ID card renewed without incident, and had numerous positive encounters with TOT and PEA (both government agencies) without incident.
No doubt there's plenty of corruption going on.......maybe it's the anti-corruption inoculation I got before coming here. Or was that yellow fever?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » December 2, 2018, 4:14 am

You appear to have led a very charmed life here then Parrot .
I wont go into details on a public forum , but every where you mention , ive had problems one way or another , and the easiest way to get it sorted was to pay up , or do the dance .
Hell , it even started before i moved here permanently .
South east asia is no different than many other parts of the developing world , and these things happen .
Maybe not to you , but they do happen . I have come to accept it , just like Thais do , does not mean i like it though .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 5, 2018, 8:09 am

Giggle wrote:
November 30, 2018, 9:19 am
tamada wrote:
He gives them his passport, bank book (with whatever balance happens to be in it at the time) and 19k baht in CASH and next day he has his new extension.
Yes. He gets the official, blue, signed, IO issued receipt for the stated value of the extension + re-entry permit ONLY. Can't get much more perfectly legal and above board than that eh?

BTW, he pays 19k. Others pay more and some others pay less. I guess it is the visa shop's call on how much they want to fleece the farang on any given, day, application, nationality, height, haircut, demeanor, depth of waii and all the same Thainess criteria that are set in stone in the official Immigration Officers hand book.
Last edited by tamada on December 5, 2018, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 5, 2018, 8:23 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 30, 2018, 11:28 am
Hope the guy isn't a Brit tam :-k

GRO would be horrified to think that he did not have THEIR passport in HIS possession overnight (same reason you cant leave passport at hotel reception and have to make them take a photocopy).
He's a Canadian if it makes any difference.

Not sure about letting your passport out of your sight. The standard procedure for marriage and retirement extensions at Jomtien is file one day where they confirm that all the paperwork is correct and then you get a numbered ticket. Come back the next day with the ticket and get the passport back with all the stamps done. Maybe the same in other, high-volume IO's outside of CW but luckily same-day service prevails in Udon.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 5, 2018, 9:03 am

tamada wrote:
December 5, 2018, 8:09 am
Giggle wrote:
tamada wrote:
Yes. He gets the official, blue, signed, IO issued receipt for the stated value of the extension + re-entry permit ONLY. Can't get much more perfectly legal and above board than that eh?

BTW, he pays 19k. Others pay more and some others pay less. I guess it is the visa shop's call on how much they want to fleece the farang on any given, day, application, nationality, height, haircut, demeanor, depth of waii and all the same Thainess criteria that are set in stone in the official Immigration Officers hand book.
Why is this considered "fleecing the falang"? You want to skirt the rules and not pay extra?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 5, 2018, 9:26 am

parrot wrote:
December 5, 2018, 9:03 am
tamada wrote:
December 5, 2018, 8:09 am
Giggle wrote:
tamada wrote:

Why is this considered "fleecing the falang"? You want to skirt the rules and not pay extra?
I am sure you've been around the Thai block long enough to appreciate that there's a fair-sized farang demographic that subscribe to the 'they don't like us here' and tend to seek out others of the same persuasion. My term 'fleecing' was a sop to the sensitivities of such individuals and their wrong-headed argument that if you're going to 'rip-off' the farangs, at least be consistent about it. And thus their total ignorance of Thai ways are revealed.

Personally, I don't give a ---- what other people do to stay here and up to them if they want to take advantage of the full gamut of benefits regardless if they are of questionable legality. My post about the Canuck gaming the system in Jomtien was just for general illumination that the "POSSIBLE PROOF OF INCOME SOLUTION???" has been around for a long-long time already.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”