down in the pumps

General Udon Thani topics only!
dragonz
udonmap.com

down in the pumps

Post by dragonz » October 30, 2018, 5:16 pm

Crazy few days with pumps . Had an HITACHI DT-P300EX PJ (2 PIPES) pump for over 10 yrs . Never a problem until recently and when the pressure switch went decided to buy a new one . same pump .
Saw on hitachi website new pump DT-P300GX so went to buy one in home hub . Had lots in then i notices the letters were SX not GX and the price of 7500baht was the same i paid 10 yrs ago. Was told it was a new model and therefore had a promotion price and as they had about 50 pumps there i thought it was true .
Bought the pump but soon as i got home i could see it was not good quality . lots of plastic and the cast was crudely painted black . Installed it and straight away saw that the water pressure was not as good as my old pump. Worked for 1 day then kept running but no water . Overheated and was smoking !!
PULLED ALL THE PIPES BACK UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in case the valve was blocked and replaced them but still the same . Pump was kaput.
Phone hitachi bkk and when i gave them the serial number(6 numbers) they told me not hitachi as they had 7 number serial number and no pump with SX and in fact the pump was made by toyobo company and gave me their phone number as it was not their pump they could not help me !
When asked why they let them do this ,no answer .Tomorrow will take back to home hub and hope for a refund.
Attachments
PUMP 3.JPG
PUMP2 e.JPG
PUMP `1.JPG

bilbofaran

Re: down in the pumps

Post by bilbofaran » November 19, 2018, 7:24 am

I'm building a deep well now, as I have been using a shallow well for years, and dealing with dirty water in rainy season.

Driller ( rigging man ) told me to get a dual-pipe pump DT300GX(GP) and go 30m my plan was a submersible at 20m, back in farang-land, I do 150m holes with 1hp submersibles, but it seems that thai's want to use these dual pipe and put the pump on the top,

I can see potential problems here with a top at the bottom of the hole, as most metal here corrodes in 2-3 years, I measured the salt content in my water and its 450ppm, which is typical ( calcium choloride ), for reference the bottle water I get deliver 5 baht for 20L is 15ppm. So I don't bother even filtering the water as you can't remove that salt.

MY driller also told me "He could get the PUMP for $7500, but I know lists for this pump is $9500++, so what your saying sounds about right, that there is a 'chinese clone' being sold that is a fake version of this pump.

Which makes me believe it might be better to stay with home-pro or thai-wat-suduk or even of the global-house 'big-box' stores which are more likely to be selling REAL hitachi lines.

Normally of course I ALWAYS BUY my own stuff, as I learned some 15+ years ago here that if you let the thai's go shopping they'll buy the cheapest, and they don't care if it fails in a month, because they ain't coming back.

I think MORAL here is to make sure your dealing with a REAL HITACHI dealer, and make sure the pump is out of the box, and you know your getting Hitachi quality. My current Hitachi pump is a artwork of engineering, I would expect the same of the DT300GX-GP that I will buy ( WHat your saying here is DON"T BUY THESE PUMPS MAIL ORDER, I see a bunch on the web in Thailand for 7,000THB, so now we now there are fake 'GP's floating around )

I know lots of stores near me MOM&POP large stores, usually owned by old chinese family's that have ton's of these 'cheap' chinese pumps, and they always die in less than a year of normal use, for no other reason than they don't have lubrication or bearing, just metal running on metal.

HITACHI is a quality brand, JAPANESE company.

On a last note I have a good water story, I was travelling and building a house 10+ years ago, and the builder asked my thai wife 'do you have a tank', she said yes, so the thai bought a generic 'pump' and when he turned it on all the egg-shell blue pipes bursted, as he has installed 0.5mm 3/4" 5/baht/meter blue-pipe :) ( They seem to have three grade, thin, normal, and thick [ ALways USE THE THICK called 8.5 especially with this DT-300GX(PJ) pump. ] )

What I had a on site was a 1200L plastic storage tank, when he said 'tank' he meant 'pressure tank' so he bought a tank-less pump, and didn't even bother to notice that the system didn't have a tank to absorb the water-hammer. Most thai's buy those little pumps that have a built-in tank, but often thais will buy the tank-less pumps because they're cheaper. Backing in farang-land we always put ''shock absorbers' on the top of the water pipes to absorb water-hammer, but I have never seen that here. But of course I would have never used 0.5mm pvc, first lesson in Thailnd, if you build a house, always go shopping for EVERYTHING yourself and buy quality materials.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » November 20, 2018, 4:55 pm

dragonz wrote:
October 30, 2018, 5:16 pm
Crazy few days with pumps . Had an HITACHI DT-P300EX PJ (2 PIPES) pump for over 10 yrs . Never a problem until recently and when the pressure switch went decided to buy a new one . same pump .
Saw on hitachi website new pump DT-P300GX so went to buy one in home hub . Had lots in then i notices the letters were SX not GX and the price of 7500baht was the same i paid 10 yrs ago. Was told it was a new model and therefore had a promotion price and as they had about 50 pumps there i thought it was true .
Bought the pump but soon as i got home i could see it was not good quality . lots of plastic and the cast was crudely painted black . Installed it and straight away saw that the water pressure was not as good as my old pump. Worked for 1 day then kept running but no water . Overheated and was smoking !!
PULLED ALL THE PIPES BACK UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in case the valve was blocked and replaced them but still the same . Pump was kaput.
Phone hitachi bkk and when i gave them the serial number(6 numbers) they told me not hitachi as they had 7 number serial number and no pump with SX and in fact the pump was made by toyobo company and gave me their phone number as it was not their pump they could not help me !
When asked why they let them do this ,no answer .Tomorrow will take back to home hub and hope for a refund.
My deep well Pump sprung a leek in the pressure tank on the bottom yesterday it is 9 years old & Lucky Star make.
The pump still works OK but a big leek so time for a new one.

Set off today to find a new one keeping the above post in mind.
Called in Do Home & home Hub plus a couple of small shops.
\
The same pump Hitachi?? is now on sale at 8300 in Do Home & 6300 in Home hub.
It looks cheap & nasty with lots of plastic etc.

Decided to go to Posri road to the 3 shops as rec-commend on previous posts.
Talked with the American /Thai man at the first shop of 3.

He explained Lucky Star were a very good pump but were bought out by another company.

He advised a new pump more powerful than my last one 300 watt as against 250 watt.
He could not have been more helpful & said he would honor the Guarantee of 3 years

Price 6200 Baht & good advice.
Not worth going to the big shops when you can get a better deal & good advice from this shop.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 20, 2018, 6:28 pm

dragonz wrote:
October 30, 2018, 5:16 pm

Did HomeHub refund the copy pump?

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » November 20, 2018, 7:01 pm

Steve is a very knowledgeable guy I would never worry about going else where and price is always better.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » November 21, 2018, 7:48 am

Yes they refunded the money for the pump after a lot of hassle and i have since bought a gx version which is a lot better , faster flow etc and working ok .The new pump still not a good quality as my old model .but the same price 10 years later.
Seems like they drop the quality to keep the price down , 8000 bahts 10 yrs ago 8000 bahts now ?I think they are doing this a lot in thailand .
First honda wave 125cc 11 yrs ago 49,000baht . excellent bike ,digital speedo and fuel gauge , next bike 6yrs ago 49,000baht not so good, third bike 2 yrs ago 49,000 baht . not digital speedo and gauge , crap seat which i replaced , not so fast as the oldest bike.
Back to the pump , the guy from hitachi thailand said it was not a copy pump just one sold by a different company called toyobo company ? Seems strange that hitachi allow another company to sell their pumps with different letters (SX) and definately lower quality

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 21, 2018, 12:41 pm

bilbofaran wrote:
November 19, 2018, 7:24 am

Driller ( rigging man ) told me to get a dual-pipe pump DT300GX(GP) and go 30m my plan was a submersible at 20m, back in farang-land, I do 150m holes with 1hp submersibles, but it seems that thai's want to use these dual pipe and put the pump on the top, .
As far as I can see from my catalogue there are two models (PJ) (SJ) no (GP) and you will be pushing the PJ hard at 30 metres depth as that is the maximum. While jet pumps are used also submersibles are also commonly used

bilbofaran wrote:
On a last note I have a good water story, I was travelling and building a house 10+ years ago, and the builder asked my thai wife 'do you have a tank', she said yes, so the thai bought a generic 'pump' and when he turned it on all the egg-shell blue pipes bursted, as he has installed 0.5mm 3/4" 5/baht/meter blue-pipe :) ( They seem to have three grade, thin, normal, and thick [ ALways USE THE THICK called 8.5 especially with this DT-300GX(PJ) pump. ] )

What I had a on site was a 1200L plastic storage tank, when he said 'tank' he meant 'pressure tank' so he bought a tank-less pump, and didn't even bother to notice that the system didn't have a tank to absorb the water-hammer. Most thai's buy those little pumps that have a built-in tank, but often thais will buy the tank-less pumps because they're cheaper. Backing in farang-land we always put ''shock absorbers' on the top of the water pipes to absorb water-hammer, but I have never seen that here. But of course I would have never used 0.5mm pvc, first lesson in Thailnd, if you build a house, always go shopping for EVERYTHING yourself and buy quality materials.
There is no pipe 0.5mm pvc, even the thin electrical pipe is 1.5mm
You are confusing the pressure ratings which are 5, 8.5, and 13.5 and these numbers refers to the pressure kgf/cm2 at 27ºC that is the Working pressure not wall thickness.

So the thickest is the 13.5 kgf/cm2
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » November 21, 2018, 3:06 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 21, 2018, 12:41 pm
bilbofaran wrote:

Driller ( rigging man ) told me to get a dual-pipe pump DT300GX(GP) and go 30m my plan was a submersible at 20m, back in farang-land, I do 150m holes with 1hp submersibles, but it seems that thai's want to use these dual pipe and put the pump on the top, .
As far as I can see from my catalogue there are two models (PJ) (SJ) no (GP) and you will be pushing the PJ hard at 30 metres depth as that is the maximum. While jet pumps are used also submersibles are also commonly used

bilbofaran wrote:

There is no pipe 0.5mm pvc, even the thin electrical pipe is 1.5mm
You are confusing the pressure ratings which are 5, 8.5, and 13.5 and these numbers refers to the pressure kgf/cm2 at 27ºC that is the Working pressure not wall thickness.

So the thickest is the 13.5 kgf/cm2
no they are the types of pumps . my water starts shallow but goes to 28 metres but my pipes are 20 mteres so no problem .
the models are the same number DT-P300GX (SJ) single jet or (pj) P the pump in home hub was DT-P300SX Had a 6 figure serial number (toyrobo company) while the gx pupmps hitachi thailand had a 7 figure serial number
Attachments
Capture.JPG

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 21, 2018, 6:13 pm

dragonz wrote:
November 21, 2018, 3:06 pm

no they are the types of pumps . my water starts shallow but goes to 28 metres but my pipes are 20 mteres so no problem .
the models are the same number DT-P300GX (SJ) single jet or (pj) P the pump in home hub was DT-P300SX Had a 6 figure serial number (toyrobo company) while the gx pupmps hitachi thailand had a 7 figure serial number
Not types of pump but I didn't bother to write the full number as the only difference was (PJ) and (SJ)

So it is only the PJ version that is suitable, assuming you don't use a submersible pump.
IMG_5808-2.jpeg
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » November 22, 2018, 4:47 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 21, 2018, 6:13 pm
dragonz wrote:
November 21, 2018, 3:06 pm

Not types of pump but I didn't bother to write the full number as the only difference was (PJ) and (SJ)

So it is only the PJ version that is suitable, assuming you don't use a submersible pump.
IMG_5808-2.jpeg
sorry getting a bit crossed here . There is only 1 model on all the hitachi websites worldwide DT-P300GX . has 2 variants single and parallel jet. The whole point of this post was that i bought a DT-300SX which was cheap and nasty and was told by hitachi thailand it was a genuine hitachi but sold by toyrobo company but as i cannot see this model on any hitachi worldwide site i have my doubts . It worked for 1 day but not much pressure then stopped working so i took it back got refund and got a gx which i installed and is very good
Since this post i also remember buying a mitsubishi pump from the same shop about 3 yrs ago for my wifes daughter but when i got home i notice the spelling was not right was mitsibuhsibut same orange colour . Checked the docks and it was a copy , took it back and changed it for a gen mitsubushi

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 23, 2018, 12:41 pm

the difference between the PJ and SJ is that PJ is with double suction pipes to the bottom of the line and SJ is only double connection on top and single pipe down , useless to say the PJ has better performance as the SJ....
the present normal price of the hitachi DTP300GX(PJ) is between 7.000-7.600 baht....
always check the net for visual and price differences before heading to the (Udon ) shops...as info.. ;)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 23, 2018, 4:42 pm

kopkei wrote:
November 23, 2018, 12:41 pm
, useless to say the PJ has better performance as the SJ....
I don't say it had I was quoting Hitachi Thailand's performance spec sheet and they, if you look at the suction head line, says they have. They also have different output capacities.

How they achieve the different performance is by selling two different models with the same above ground parts.

So make sure you don't confuse your P's and S's and you will get the one you need, as dragonz did.

Useless? I think not.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 23, 2018, 6:25 pm

what i am posting is always as info and the reader can do with this what he want , why some people always feel attacked here? , what deep well pumps concerned , i have had my share of problems with pumps after 7 different + some friends deep wells , i would never use a submersible pump because if the submersible pump get stuck you end up drilling a new well , as what happened to friends of mine , for the moment we also have the hitachi on our well , but i recently bought for the pienongs a cheaper clinton pump http://www.clinton-marketing.co.th/WATE ... WAUTO.html , for 3.000 baht , and it is a lot more powerfull than the hitachi , so if i need a replacement for my hitachi it will be the clinton at less than half the price of the hitachi...as info... ;)

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » November 24, 2018, 7:35 pm

cheers , every bit of info is appreciated , at least by me. I only went with hitachi as the first 1 lasted 10 yrs without trouble and 7,000 baht for 10 yrs is quite cheap at 14 pound a yr but do not think this new one will last so long so will have a look at the clinton pumps

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”