Income Letter

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: Income Letter

Post by Stantheman » November 6, 2018, 11:16 pm

RLTrader wrote:
November 6, 2018, 5:21 pm
Kind of like the Lottery. Wish you luck. Might be better to buy 50 PowerBall tickets, then again its only 50 bucks, might be worth the shot.
Bad news RLTrader if you want 50 Powerball tickets it will cost you $100 as it $2 a ticket now.

saint
udonmap.com
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Post by saint » November 8, 2018, 9:36 am

Just read on British Embassy site that after the 1st January you will asked by immigration to show proof of income , ie , pensions , via your Thai bank account . Im guessing they know a little more than us , and possibly our local office .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 8, 2018, 9:47 am

When I did my 90 days a day or two ago my missus asked them what was happening re the new legislation and the immigration officer said "there is no legislation, nothing has been decided yet" but assured me not to worry, I don't anyway because I lodge the money but he seemed to think that it's unlikely they'll jeopardise retirement here and that a solution will be found. Read into that's what you will.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 8, 2018, 9:55 am

Yea , Im going today . Guaranteed if i ask another officer i will get a different answer . Here lies the problem. Left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing .
We can only wait and see , but im sure they like to see some of us a bit vulnerable .
I dont trust anyone in a uniform here .

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 8, 2018, 10:05 am

Yesterday while doing my 90 day report my wife asked the female immigration officer that always processes my extension each year for the past 7 if I could apply 45 days early instead of the customary 30 for my upcoming extension in June. That way I could get the Income Affidavit from the US Consular outreach yesterday and it would still be valid until May 7th, then I would have 4 days to spare to apply for the extension. Her answer was that the 45 day early extension application was fine and she encouraged us to go ahead and get the Income Affidavit. She said they are awaiting further instructions from the head immigration office in Bangkok after having sent them a formal request by letter for more clarity. However, she did say that there is always the possibility that the Income Affidavit might be rejected given there is a dramatic change in the regulations, but she said it's worth the gamble.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 8, 2018, 10:12 am

I honestly believe they do not know , but you will not get one to admit that , as it shows loss of face .

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 8, 2018, 10:26 am

semperfiguy wrote:
November 8, 2018, 10:05 am
....... However, she did say that there is always the possibility that the Income Affidavit might be rejected given there is a dramatic change in the regulations, but she said it's worth the gamble.

You've 'stolen my thunder' there, Semperfiguy, or perhaps saved me time. :lol: I have a 90 day tomorrow and was going to pose questions, particularly on income letter validity.Whether I'd get any answers and correct ones is questionable. But, it seems already that Udon Immigration has received something from HQ (would that be an actual police order?), enough queries from farangs, to need more info from Bangkok. Of course, a gamble is exactly something I wanted to avoid.
Incidentally, following a 'phone call, I did write to the UK Embassy, Bangkok, suggesting they might be, um, a bit more helpful, pro-active. Below, if it doesn't bore you.
embassy2.docx
(15.82 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 8, 2018, 10:47 am

saint wrote:
November 8, 2018, 9:55 am
Yea , Im going today . Guaranteed if i ask another officer i will get a different answer . Here lies the problem. Left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing .
We can only wait and see , but im sure they like to see some of us a bit vulnerable .
I dont trust anyone in a uniform here .
We spoke to the one with a bad neck, I'd be interested to hear if you do get a different response.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 8, 2018, 11:12 am

Brian Davis wrote:
November 8, 2018, 10:26 am
But, it seems already that Udon Immigration has received something from HQ (would that be an actual police order?),
There is no new police order. It is unlikely that there will be one as there is no change to requirements.

The proof of income has been dealt with at a lower level than a police order, and it at this level that things have changed it is quite possible that there maybe written guidance as I'm sure that most, if not all, immigration offices have been asked questions they cannot answer at the moment.

However as there is at least 5 to 6 months before the change really bites (in most immigration offices), for those who have been reading the news, and about 1 ½ months for those who don't, it is not really urgent yet.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 8, 2018, 1:03 pm

I am the biggest complainer of all, so I'm posting this just to remind myself to make a choice then try to keep my mouth shut!
Attachments
2018-11-08 12.59.25.png
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". - George Orwell

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » November 8, 2018, 1:24 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
November 8, 2018, 1:03 pm
I am the biggest complainer of all, so I'm posting this just to remind myself to make a choice then try to keep my mouth shut!
It'll all come out in the warsh!
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 8, 2018, 1:33 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
November 8, 2018, 10:26 am
semperfiguy wrote:
November 8, 2018, 10:05 am
....... However, she did say that there is always the possibility that the Income Affidavit might be rejected given there is a dramatic change in the regulations, but she said it's worth the gamble.

You've 'stolen my thunder' there, Semperfiguy, or perhaps saved me time. :lol: I have a 90 day tomorrow and was going to pose questions, particularly on income letter validity.Whether I'd get any answers and correct ones is questionable. But, it seems already that Udon Immigration has received something from HQ (would that be an actual police order?), enough queries from farangs, to need more info from Bangkok. Of course, a gamble is exactly something I wanted to avoid.
Incidentally, following a 'phone call, I did write to the UK Embassy, Bangkok, suggesting they might be, um, a bit more helpful, pro-active. Below, if it doesn't bore you. embassy2.docx
Great letter Brian! Let's just hope your embassy will get on board and try to be more helpful!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » November 8, 2018, 2:06 pm

1. There's nothing carved in stone yet. May not ever be, but things haven't completely filtered down to local immigration offices. We are not going to get many answers there yet. I've been and asked and had some Thai contacts ask for me. Lots of hems and haws.

2. Taking advice in here is good to know what everyone is hearing and experiencing, but it's still best to check on your own. We all know that whatever happens for you or me or someone else today, may not happen for any of us tomorrow -- or only for some of us. I sure as hell am not going to show up on renewal day armed only with what I hear on any forum. Get to your local immigration office and start greasing the wheels.

=====

When I first heard about this, I made contact with one of my police buddies of 10 years in Khon Kaen. He called his wife in BKK, who is an officer with Immigration.

This is what I was told.

The good falangs are suffering for the bad. This is an effort to get rid of falangs who can't afford to be here due to the economic strain that it has put on the private sector and government bureaus. Those who can meet the requirements will be allowed to stay. The rest will not be able to stay. This a purge. Plain and simple. There are also plans to be more thorough in investigating marriages to insure they are legit.

The money requirements as they stand today from my source is that 400,000 or 800,000 has to be in the account at least 3 months prior to renewal and remain in the account for 3 months after renewal (supposedly, to prove that it's yours and that you really have control over those funds).

That was it. When asked about monthly deposits/withdrawals to show a specific amount, nothing was indicated that this is something they are planning to use. Of course, that could all change tomorrow and might be changing today as I type this.

I plan to make my deposit about four months before renewal, and I'll go to work making some special deposit arrangements after that.

In the meantime, I plan to have an ongoing routine follow-up with Udon Immigration and my contact in BKK about every 30 days until I renew; and I would advise everyone to do the same until Immigration puts something in writing. But we know that even if something is in writing, the IO has final word on anything anyway. Anything in writing would help though. For those who have been through it, keep your options open. Be ready to adjust.

Good luck to all.
You will never find a LIB willing to consistently Defend the Constitution, Promote Free Enterprise or Nurture Individual Liberty. LIBs work against all three.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 8, 2018, 6:31 pm

Lone Star wrote:
November 8, 2018, 2:06 pm
...This is an effort to get rid of falangs who can't afford to be here due to the economic strain that it has put on the private sector and government bureaus. ...
Thanks for doing some sleuthing there LS, good work. Regards the above quote from your contact, if a few thousand old people are such a huge strain on the Thai 'private sector and government bureaus', isn't that more of an indictment of how fragile this nations financial setup is and a statement on their own precarious bank balance?

Hence I don't buy it but they can use any excuse they want since it's entirely their ball game.

Thanks again.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 9, 2018, 4:13 am

Lone Star, I, too, was wondering what strain we put on Thailand. It's not as if we get free bus passes, hospital care or unemployment benefit. :lol: Any money I've got is spent HERE. I read it only that, obviously, Thailand wants rid of the 'dodgy' element (can't blame them for that) and that they'd prefer rich farangs to those muddling along on pensions, but no real cause to kick out the latter. Goodness, problem 'guests' here must be a fraction of the 'no-gooders' within their own Thai citizens. I'm not being racist here, but am I wrong to think that when I see all this tv news about overstayers, drug dealers, illegal businesses etc., those withheld by the police are mainly African, Asian or middle - Eastern, not so many from the western world? Ok, the Russians muscled in here years back and provide serious competition to the Thai's own mafia.
Will compulsory medical insurance rear its' head again?
Personally, I think it's poor we're expected to chase around for accurate, detailed information and hopefully there's enough noise being made to get more details soon. Is it just inefficiency that they can't put a total information package together, or a motive in keeping things vague? I'm sure there are occasions when applicants get in some kind of e.g. administrative mess and appreciate an Immigration Officer's flexible interpretation and perhaps a 'thank you' for that help is warranted. But I'm damn sure there shouldn't be scope for breaking laws/rules and demanding an unofficial payment up front.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”