Debit or Credit cards

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
saint
udonmap.com
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Debit or Credit cards

Post by saint » November 8, 2018, 6:17 am

Im sunk . I can hardly remember my four pin numbers . Six , no chance .

Neeranam

Post by Neeranam » November 10, 2018, 9:58 pm

I've had my Bangkok Bank account for over 20 years and a steady income with Work Permit but my branch is totally racist and won't give me a credit card, not that I'm desperate for one.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » November 11, 2018, 4:21 pm

Neeranam wrote:
November 10, 2018, 9:58 pm
I've had my Bangkok Bank account for over 20 years and a steady income with Work Permit but my branch is totally racist and won't give me a credit card, not that I'm desperate for one.
Same her , had my bkk account for 11 years . Went into the main branch on posri road and was told CREDIT CARD not available for foreigners . I then pointed out the cardboard cutout of a farang man and woman and 2 kids about 3 metres away saying credit cards available for foreigners and got the thai stupidity smile

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 12, 2018, 5:41 am

Hy Guy's just an expirience a while back ,(2 years ) BKK bank ,went into re new my debit /visa card ,they had me fill in all sorts of forms (*this is the branch manager )after it was all completed ,he announced i will now get a CREDIT card ,i explained i didn't want a Credit card but it was a Visa /Debit card i required ,within minutes the Visa/Debit card arrived ,got in my hand ,i was informed that the Credit card would arrive in 3-4 days , Some 3 days later i got a phone call from the bank that to receive my Credit card i must first open another account with 50,000 bht ,as asssurance to cover the card ,no prize for guessing what happened next ,ha i never did receive that card ,

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » November 13, 2018, 5:20 pm

I dont believe it ! messed up again today . was told by bkk bank on the phone to get a new mastercard , go to my branch with my atm card and my passport . Did that but did was not told to take my passbook so i did not then they would not issue me with a new card . What is in the passbook as i never use , all my statements are online . No pin or security on the book , just looked nothing in it except my transactions ?
Had my atm 6 pin union pay card , passport , farang yellow book ,thia drivers licence , all with security details on them but they want a passbook with nothing on it.
In uk can order a new card on an atm machine . i just ordered a new nat west atm card online as mine runs out in a few weeks . Will be sent to my uk address along with a pin sent seperately then my daughter will post to thailand . Utterly painless . If it was not for needing the passbook for a immi visa i would throw it in the bin . Not needed . Never had one before thailand with accounts in a few countries.
They pretend security but when i ent to register my last visa debit card for internet banking on my mobile i was asked to send my pin number by text message to top ?

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”