Car a/c service needed

General Udon Thani topics only!
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Car a/c service needed

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 30, 2018, 12:26 pm

I am looking for a car A/C repair place and haven't found anything using in the search function so would like recommendations. Udon or south would be good e.g. kumpawape.

thanks

Jerome

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: Car a/c service needed

Post by macca46 » October 30, 2018, 12:45 pm

I used this repair shop just recently to replace the evaporator in the dash of my Toyota.

Shop is not well signed is diagonally opposite the lights (where the two planes are) heading to Khon Kaen you drive into an open air service bay very limited English but knows what he is on about and not expensive I think it is appropriately named "hot air"

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 30, 2018, 1:31 pm

macca46 wrote:
October 30, 2018, 12:45 pm
I used this repair shop just recently to replace the evaporator in the dash of my Toyota.

Shop is not well signed is diagonally opposite the lights (where the two planes are) heading to Khon Kaen you drive into an open air service bay very limited English but knows what he is on about and not expensive I think it is appropriately named "hot air"
Is it this place?
IMG_5511-2.jpeg
IMG_5512-2.jpeg
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » October 30, 2018, 1:32 pm

Yep , second that . Does a good job at sensible money . Used him many times .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 30, 2018, 1:37 pm

saint wrote:
October 30, 2018, 1:32 pm
Yep , second that . Does a good job at sensible money . Used him many times .
Are you saying that the shop is the one? @saint

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » October 30, 2018, 1:42 pm

I wasnt , but yes it is the place .

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » October 30, 2018, 1:45 pm

Another thought , he also does radiator repairs , and or if completely knackered will fit a new one .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 30, 2018, 1:47 pm

saint wrote:
October 30, 2018, 1:45 pm
Another thought , he also does radiator repairs , and or if completely knackered will fit a new one .
Thanks a lot I'll probably go there tomorrow

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 30, 2018, 1:50 pm

No that is a different shop virtually right at the lights on the left heading out of the city I think just prior there is a vacant block, his open space would hold 4+ cars it is under cover and his shop has a big door on the side

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » October 30, 2018, 2:26 pm

Sorry , bit confusing , as the place i use is the one in the photos . Diagonally opposite wing 23 main gate . i think he has a noodle shop to his left and a in car entertainment shop to his right .
A couple of bays at the front and a larger workshop at the back.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 30, 2018, 4:19 pm

macca46 wrote:
October 30, 2018, 1:50 pm
No that is a different shop virtually right at the lights on the left heading out of the city I think just prior there is a vacant block, his open space would hold 4+ cars it is under cover and his shop has a big door on the side
Now I'm confused if you look across the road from the shop in the picture you see this
IMG_5519-2.jpeg

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 30, 2018, 4:28 pm

macca46 wrote:
October 30, 2018, 1:50 pm
Do you mean the shop almost directly opposite the wing 23 entry
IMG_5521-2.jpeg
This one?

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 30, 2018, 5:40 pm

Yes that is the one I was referring to you have a couple of choices he did quote prior to to doing the work.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 31, 2018, 7:37 pm

FWIW I went to the 1st place this morning, mysteriously the air-conditioning seem to be working with no problem at all. They did check everything but as no repairs needed no charge.

They sent me to the shop next door who fitted my car camera and repaired the cigarette lighter switch, all done in about an hour for a total of 400 Baht, possibly a little high but I felt reasonable and he did an excellent job. The electrical man (or the a/c shop) did say that they have a couple of foreign customers and asked the name of my referral but I only know screen names.

I later went to the Nissan dealer further down the street to get a second electronic key, they also couldn't say why the AC cut out as every thing is OK now.

Thanks for the help.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 1, 2018, 5:06 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 30, 2018, 12:26 pm
I am looking for a car A/C repair place and haven't found anything using in the search function so would like recommendations. Udon or south would be good e.g. kumpawape.

thanks

Jerome
Reet here we go ,the Maxis shop where you bought your battery ,100 yards further to kumphawapi on the same side as Maxis is a big A/C place ,on first glance it looks like house A/C but in the back is a car truck service department , ( i don't know what they're prices are like , ) there are many little a/c service garages around,(if you know what to look for ,i ask ) the one i used to use ,is on the frontage RD ( 2)about 500 yards before the traffic lights for the Kumphawapi turn ,but it's difficult to describe the shop , you could always pull in and ask ,

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 1, 2018, 5:08 am

Hoopoe wrote:
November 1, 2018, 5:06 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 30, 2018, 12:26 pm

thanks

Jerome
Reet here we go ,the Maxis shop where you bought your battery ,100 yards further to kumphawapi on the same side as Maxis is a big A/C place ,on first glance it looks like house A/C but in the back is a car truck service department , ( i don't know what their prices are like , ) there are many little a/c service garages around,(if you know what to look for ,i ask ) the one i used to use ,is on the frontage RD ( 2)about 500 yards before the traffic lights for the Kumphawapi turn ,but it's difficult to describe the shop , you could always pull in and ask ,

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”