Prostatitus advice

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Prostatitus advice

Post by AlexO » October 13, 2018, 10:41 am

I can understand your anxiety Stan. I had the same thing a few years back and was on antibiotics for a about 3 months. The doctor was Thai who only visited Pattaya once every 2 weeks but really knew what he was doing even to the point that he told me to go to a pharmacy and buy the meds rather than pay the inflated prices the hospital charged. The docs can tell by feel if there is anything seriously wrong and then you have a blood test to see if there is anything just lurkng in the background. Get every test there is available just to make sure, I had a cousin who died from PC and its not a pleasant death. Take the bus and stay at a resort, will not cost you fortunes. Good luck mate.

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » October 13, 2018, 11:46 am

If it of help, I can totally recommend Dr Nitti at the Bangkok Pattaya hospital from personal experience

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/ ... 1&depid=28

I took a great deal of time checking different Urologists and found him to be the best – and not necessarily expensive

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » October 13, 2018, 1:32 pm

I went thru a similar experience with my prostate when I was living in the U.S. I had frequent urinating and an ache in the area of my bladder and prostate. After weeks of dealing with a urologist at the county hospital, I went to a urologist at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. They did a urine analysis, Blood work, PSA and urologist performed a digital prostate exam which was not painful. He discovered a nogile on my prostate and he wanted to eliminate the possibility of cancer so he performed a prostate biopsy which turned out to be negative. By that time my aching and frequent urinating had cleared up and the doctor told me to come back if the problem returned. He advised me to get annual digital prostate exams when I moved to Thailand. When we moved to Udon Thani we went to AEK to register. I had the lady at the international desk set up an appointment with an urologist so that I could have my annual digital prostate exam like I was doing back in the U.S. At my appointment the Urologist at AEK just looked at my PSA reading said that it was good and said the digital prostate exam was not necessary and that was the end of the appointment. Needlessly to say I was disappointed. I remember the anxiety that I went thru back in the U.S. when I had my prostate issues and I ended up traveling the extra miles to a Medical facility that had the people that would be able to take care of my problems. Good luck.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » October 13, 2018, 1:36 pm

Dont know about Prostatitus, I have BPH (Enlarged Prostate) Had for about 2 years now
I take 5 mg Finasteride and 4 mg Doxasillin everyday.
I'm up 4-5 times a night. Pain in the butt !
Dont know whether the medicine works so good. Cant stop dosage.
This stuff dont work straight away. Takes a month or more to see results.
I cant afford an operation here I think expensive
Just hope dont get worse!

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » October 13, 2018, 2:12 pm

[quote=pf-flyer post_id=524897 time=1539412323 user_id=4566]
I went thru a similar experience with my prostate when I was living in the U.S. I had frequent urinating and an ache in the area of my bladder and prostate. After weeks of dealing with a urologist at the county hospital, I went to a urologist at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. They did a urine analysis, Blood work, PSA and urologist performed a digital prostate exam which was not painful. He discovered a nogile on my prostate and he wanted to eliminate the possibility of cancer so he performed a prostate biopsy which turned out to be negative. By that time my aching and frequent urinating had cleared up and the doctor told me to come back if the problem returned. He advised me to get annual digital prostate exams when I moved to Thailand. When we moved to Udon Thani we went to AEK to register. I had the lady at the international desk set up an appointment with an urologist so that I could have my annual digital prostate exam like I was doing back in the U.S. At my appointment the Urologist at AEK just looked at my PSA reading said that it was good and said the digital prostate exam was not necessary and that was the end of the appointment. Needlessly to say I was disappointed. I remember the anxiety that I went thru back in the U.S. when I had my prostate issues and I ended up traveling the extra miles to a Medical facility that had the people that would be able to take care of my problems. Cranberry Juice that can be found at the Big C and Lotus is effective in clearing up bladder issues. Good luck.
[/quote]
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 13, 2018, 5:41 pm

for decades have suffered from all sorts of hell from downunder, and every time one thinks the worst. I have had the rubber glove and the hubble telescope search beyond my inner regions numerous times..I have had screaming pain, bowls full of blood that I just didnt want to know about, you name it..and bugger all has come of it...My dad died in his sleep of PC, and some say it runs in the family, so you cant help but be scared, but I push it to back of my mind..I found once the pain was caused by a certain chew bar I was eating by the dozens, last time the pain was so bad, the doc took one look and the rubber glove, and turned out I had spit something, afew days of cream, and was good as Larry.

I did see read in your post that the doc has said your prostrate was swollen, which is defined by the rubber glove test..Swabs can detect bowel cancer, blood tests can detect other factors...but searching google for answers will only led you to dying of stress...so take a breath dude, step back, your not alone, ok...me I would get a second opinion from the best you can find, even if that means returning homeward for a spell.. There are many wonders of the nether regions that do not lead to a bad outcome...my brother in law has just had his water works done due to a lack of flow, but he did not have PC...so heads up...

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 13, 2018, 5:42 pm

I did NOT see in your post
sorry mistake

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » October 13, 2018, 6:50 pm

i had a camera down my dick pipe to check my prostate and bladder after a few UTI episodes ...all seemed ok eventually without drugs.many have a swollen prostate it seems

all my plumbing was on TV screen for analysis
the only good Tory is a lavatory

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 13, 2018, 8:21 pm

maxeboy
udonmap.com

Post by maxeboy » October 14, 2018, 7:43 am

Referring to duidui's posting STHLM3 test for Prostate cancer I have just been back in Denmark for a family visit.
I learned about the STHLM3 test last year, an decided to take this test when I was in Denmark.
I had to make an appointment with a doctor in Stockholom (Did it on internet) and got and referral to to any Swedish hospital to have a blood test taken. This blood test was sent to Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm for testing. It took e little more than a month for an answer and the result was:

29 % risk of cancer. Doctor recommend. If a Swedish citizen then have a biopsy. My PSA show 8,2.

As being 82 years of age I think that going through a program with medicine, hormone, operation etc. is worse than the risk for a cancer developing in an aggressive way.

My conclusion: Watchful waiting. Ultrasound checking every 6 month. And PSA check every 3 month.

Kind regards from maxeboy.
GreatDane born free taxed into slavery

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » October 14, 2018, 7:55 am

Yes, I think that unless things get alot worse Max, it's often better to "wait & see" how it progresses, if indeed it does.

John

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » October 15, 2018, 4:14 pm

I don't know if this has any relevance to Prostatitus, but there seems to be a lot that can be done about BPH, and prostate cancer with nutrition. One simple thing that doesn't involve removing anything from one's diet is to add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed to your food each day. I just put it in my oatmeal or khao tom jai in the morning. Anyway, some info on this in these videos below...

* Flax seed works as well as "Flomax" medicine to reduce BPH
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prosta ... us-plants/
* Flax vs Prostate Cancer
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/was-it ... n-or-both/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxse ... te-cancer/

side effects of eating flaxseed are...
* Reduced hypertension better than many hypertension medicines (high quality study)
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flax-s ... ertension/
* Lowers cholesterol especially LDL
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/new-ch ... -fighters/
* Lowers HbA1c for Diabetics (small open label study)
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-diabetes/
* Shown to cause healthier skin

and it is cheap!!

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » October 17, 2018, 5:04 pm

Bill Turnbull, a former presenter of BBC Breakfast, says cancer has been a ‘massive pain in the backside’. Photograph: Isabel Infantes/PA

The former BBC Breakfast presenter Bill Turnbull has told of the debilitating effects of undergoing chemotherapy for prostate cancer.

The Classic FM host, 62, revealed he was diagnosed with the disease at the end of last year, and it spread to his legs, hips, pelvis and ribs. After eight rounds of chemotherapy, Turnbull said he asked his consultant to release him from the treatment because he “couldn’t bear it any longer”.

“We ended up doing one more and then called it a day,” he told the Radio Times. “When I was first diagnosed, my PSA (prostate-specific antigen) level – the standard marker, determined by a blood test – was 583. It should have been less than five. We got it down to the 50s, so we’ve made some progress. The cancer has stopped spreading, but it hasn’t been beaten back entirely. We’re at a stalemate.”

Turnbull was diagnosed while recording an episode of the Great Celebrity Bake Off, to be broadcast on Channel 4 for the Stand Up To Cancer fundraiser. “When I was making my cupcakes, I had the disease and didn’t know it,” he said, describing the first few days after being diagnosed as some of the worst in his life.

He paid tribute to his colleague Rachael Bland, who died aged 40 after blogging about her treatment for breast cancer, saying she showed “courage indeed”. He also described how box sets and music, as well as support from family, friends, colleagues and the public, have helped him cope.

“It’s the fact that having cancer is so relentlessly boring,” Turnbull said. “You go to bed at night thinking about it, and it’s still there when you wake up. It’s there all day, every day – a fact of life you have to get used to. And it’s a massive pain in the backside.”

In 2015, Turnbull left BBC Breakfast after nearly 15 years. The following year, he announced he would be joining Classic FM to present two weekend morning shows.

Prostate Cancer UK told Radio Times its telephone service had its busiest day ever when Turnbull revealed his diagnosis, with calls up 400%. In the days after Turnbull’s announcement in March, visits to the health information page on the charity’s website increased by 190%.

Turnbull has previously told the magazine he hopes he can live for another 18 years. His blood count has been brought down by the chemotherapy, but he said the disease could return within months.

Though he had prostate tests aged 40 and 50, the presenter said he was annoyed at himself for not having visited a GP in four years – and encouraged others to get tested.

Angela Culhane, the chief executive of Prostate Cancer UK, praised Turnbull for sharing his story. “Awareness of prostate cancer is increasing and more men are having potentially lifesaving conversations with their GP, coming to us for more information and spreading the word,” she said.

“In the meantime, being aware of his risk is a man’s greatest defence against prostate cancer. Men over 50, black men and men with a family history of prostate cancer are at higher risk and should speak to their GP.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/bill-turnbull ... 04651.html
the only good Tory is a lavatory

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » October 17, 2018, 7:05 pm

rjj04?Thanks so much! I learned alot from the videos! I will order Flaxseed! Nothing gained.... nothing lost!

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » October 17, 2018, 9:25 pm

choi choi wrote:
October 17, 2018, 7:05 pm
rjj04?Thanks so much! I learned alot from the videos! I will order Flaxseed! Nothing gained.... nothing lost!
I'm glad you found them informative. Flax seed can be found at Big-C. It is with the raw seeds and nuts... I think the brand name is Heritage. Tops also have them. It is about 60THB for a bag that will last 2-3 months (one tablespoon a day) I suppose. You just need a blender/grinder.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » October 17, 2018, 10:48 pm

Thanks! I will try Macro first. If not Big C! Macro might be cheaper

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » October 18, 2018, 4:25 am

Op: strange you do not have a PSA reference to show!
I had chronic prostatitus on a yearly basis, 10 days of antibiotics usually cured it.
From age 60 onwards got BPH (enlarged prostate) and have PSA and free PSA checked every 6 months.
Three years ago had last episode of prostatitus, went to AEK Udon where a PSA of 174 was discovered, where my usual score was around 7.
Got 3x intravenous antibiotic injections and two weeks on ciproflaxin.
Re BPH was advised to take tamsulosine but felt bad taking that.
I am on a very expensive med since 2016: combodart, 90€ for 90 pills, but my PSA is down to a low 2.93, hasn't been that low since I started checking PSA, no more prostatitus since taking that combodart med.
PSA 2003 was 4.73, 2005 5.5, 2006 7.2, 2008 8.7, 2009 12.4, 2010 21.8 (prostatitus) 2011 8.5, 2012 9.5, 2013 11.1
2015 10.3, 2016 5.3, 2017 4.1, 2018 2.93, the effect of combodart as of 2016 is obvious.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » October 18, 2018, 6:34 am

Tartempion, I'm not trying to be a wise-arse or anything, but I was under the assumption that once you use an anti-biotic then all the little critters are completely dead (which is why they tell people to continue to take the meds until they are finished and not when they just "feel" better). Did your doctor have any idea what the bacteria is, and why it seems to keep coming back? Is it something in the food your eating? I'm curious about this as up until this thread I didn't even know there was such a thing as Prostatitus. I know women are sometimes getting urinary tract infections due to just handling chicken...

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/urinar ... g-chicken/

Or maybe they still have no idea? It does seem that animal products are being found more and more to be a vector for many of these viruses and bacteria.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » October 18, 2018, 3:22 pm

choi choi wrote:
October 17, 2018, 10:48 pm
Thanks! I will try Macro first. If not Big C! Macro might be cheaper
Big C does not have Flaxseed - I buy mine from Makro in 450gm seal-able bags
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » October 18, 2018, 4:10 pm

The Big-C at the SKN ring road intersection has them. If you walk in and stay to the left side, walking past the fresh fruit and veges section, it is one or two isles down if I recall. I think they were located with the baking supplies. Apparently not many people eat raw nuts and seeds... heaven forbid. Look for the Heritage Nuts & Seeds rack that look like the below...

http://heritagethailand.com/category.php?id=Heritage

The Heritage website seems to be from 2007, so flax seeds aren't on that website.

The flax seeds are actually in a blue package rather than green but the package is the same. Makro and Villa also have them.

Return to “Health & Beauty”