Twin tubs

General Udon Thani topics only!
maaka
udonmap.com

Twin tubs

Post by maaka » October 16, 2018, 2:09 pm

before I make the 200km round trip to Udon, has anyone seen at Do Have or Home Hub, stainless steel twin tubs, those deep square stainless sinks that us downunder use in the laundry..thanks

maaka
udonmap.com

Re: Twin tubs

Post by maaka » October 16, 2018, 2:12 pm

not a twin tub washing machine, but actual stainless sinks

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 16, 2018, 2:21 pm

Homepro has a 21cm deep twin tub
Attachments
238964.jpg
238964.jpg (2.8 KiB) Viewed 804 times

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 16, 2018, 5:09 pm

Thanks mate, just the ticket...now just got to find Homepro..and carry them home on my bike...
I use to laugh at silly buggers on bikes here with six single mattress's on the back, but after six boxes of floor tiles on the back of mine, and me on the tank, I have come to understand the ways of the Third World pre 2037

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 16, 2018, 5:22 pm

Got it...Off the Ring Rd opposite the military barracks..

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 16, 2018, 5:26 pm

hopefully they have something deeper than 21cm....that sound more like a kitchen sink, rather than a laundry sink

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » October 16, 2018, 8:08 pm

We struggled to find the deeper twin sinks at the DIY stores. In the end we got ours from a small stainless steel shop located in Thai Watsadu. However recently they seem to have moved or closed!

Good luck .

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 17, 2018, 2:00 pm

cheers Dean

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 22, 2018, 10:48 am

went to Homepro in the weekend and came out minus and arm and a leg, after purchasing twin tubs,,,well they are really more stainless kitchen sinks, but ordered them alittle deeper than normal..they had a great single deep laundry type tub on stainless legs, but not two together without the legs..told them to get the supplier to start making twin deep tubs and we would all be in...

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » October 22, 2018, 1:03 pm

my god how quaint, washing machines are deigned for this??? hand washing so 1940's

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 22, 2018, 3:30 pm

spoken like a true man who has never drop beetroot on his T shirt, or grease on his shorts, or had rugby boots to wash...
yes it is 1940 around my house. My lot have never owned a car, an oven, a washing machine, a motor mower, or a vaccum cleaner..Indeed, they only started sleeping in beds 3yrs ago..I have built a rather modern home with an ample kitchen and bathroom, but my missus still prefers to wash the dishes, and wash the laundry in and army of plastic buckets , outside under a garden tap. Her and the boy also bathe themselves in the same manner, even though I have provided a bathroom to rival any in House & Garden..but here they are camped around a brass tap, with all their shampoo's and tooth brushes, mossies and dogs..I shake my head..but none the less, my missus is Mrs Clean, indeed , she mops our floor three times a day, remakes the bed after I have made it, demands to cut my toe nails, and even takes the hair out of my comb which is deep down in my toilet bag...so if she wants stainless sinks rather than a washing machine, so she doesnt has to sit on a plastic stool, then I get it for her , 40's or not...

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » October 24, 2018, 8:05 am

Well said Maaka. Best post I have read in a long time!!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 24, 2018, 12:48 pm

No worries there Bonanza. Sometimes the words flow, sometimes not.

I was talking to my missus across the pillow the other night, about this thread, and our new sinks..
she giggled and said I should have said too, that the biggest change in her life of late, is the new thermo wave type cooker she purchased while I was in foreign parts..its her pride and joy.

Oh to live in a country where ones lofty standing in the local community is risen by the mere ownership of a new stainless cooker..furthermore, she pointed out, across the pillow, that before in days gone by, she had to cook the chicken outside over a fire and with charcoal, and that her fingers would be black, and her hair would smell foul, of cooked foul, and she would have to sit there for hours turning the bird over and over..Now it is plug in and away, to the gentle hum of a UFO cooker..

Me I am an ex bushman, and therefore can relate to her tale, as I too use to cook a whole chicken over a stainless steel sink with an open fire placed inside it, sometimes in the rain with my swannie and bush hat on...Perhaps others have not experienced a simple life without power, without mod cons, I do not know, but I do know that washing machines and electrical mods cons are only good if you have power..To be honest. My missus has been washing clothes, including her mama and papas clothes in plastic buckets for 30yrs. She is quicker than a machine, and the final result is also better than a machine, including her white Fleet Admiral uniform, but one day we will get one..you dont want to spoil them you know, or they get ideas...

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » October 24, 2018, 2:00 pm

I second that great response Makka.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”