True will not allow me to have an account in my name

General Udon Thani topics only!
NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

True will not allow me to have an account in my name

Post by NongKhaiLee » October 10, 2018, 9:19 pm

My wife and I have been in NongKhai for ten years plus, we are U.S. citizens with a yellow house book and are here on O/A visas. We have a True internet package that is under our house owner's name. I have repeatedly asked True about changing the account to our name and they have repeatedly said it cannot be done. They said the account has to be in a Thai citizen's name.
I like to pay the account months ahead, especially if we are travelling, but the last time I paid ahead they credited the payment to the House Owner's account instead of ours even though I supplied them with our statement. (she has True in her house also).
Is this a common situation? Is this how True operates in other areas also? or is it just True NongKhai?
Thanks,

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: True will not allow me to have an account in my name

Post by dunroaming » October 10, 2018, 9:27 pm

Had true under my own name for over 8 years suggest you call head office in Bangkok Sure I'm not the only one who has/had an account in ferang name. The other option would be true in Udon at central plaza where I went

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » October 11, 2018, 12:47 am

I know both 3BB and AIS fibre allow farang name on the bill I think AIS did call my landlady to check it was ok to install but all bills come to me and to my phone

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » October 11, 2018, 5:59 am

True vision are a bunch of w,n,k,e,rs , they come out with new promotion offers , which are better than the one's their customers have ,but they wont let their standing customers have ,so being as there's nothing else i can get out here , i just cancel true vision and then opt for the latest promo offer , i'm begining to run out of names ,as each time you have to change names ,ha ha , and on a more serious side , unless you pay for all the channels , it's a load of crap , repeat repeat repeat ,so here's hoping something new and decent comes along before i have to change again

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2018, 7:14 am

I know that 3BB allow foreign ownership with a minimum 6-month up front payment. A mate of mine pays his annually and gets some additional discount. We gave up on TRUE when we left Udon around 2012. When we came back, we went with Home Cable as TBH, I cannot see anything on TRUE that we can't live without.

Account transfer is impossible with most things in LOS so best to get the landlord's line disconnected and set up a new account. However, maybe the landlord won't like that as TV/internet is part of the 'sales package' to any new tenants? Then the only option would be getting a separate TRUE line installed and the landlord may balk at that too; more wires, more holes, etc..

I think they all pull the special promo's restricted to new accounts only but it's just that TRUE seems to milk it big time. Like a Ponzi scheme that must have new subs to pay for whatever they're selling.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » October 11, 2018, 9:27 am

I have a True account in my name for the last 2 years. Every 6 months I get their latest Promo. I told True if I don't get the latest Promo I walk. I deal with the main office in BKK. None of the local True shops. Most don't speak English. I have to agree that the overall quality of programing is lacking. And their billing service really sucks.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 11, 2018, 12:33 pm

normally it would be no problem having a true account in falang name ,if this is not possible it will be origin to other interference's ,but i am also always funny of some remarks, Most don't speak English, as if Thais people in America will be helped in their home language ? :lol:
misconception of most falangs moving to Thailand , thinking the Thais should be blessed by their presence and should adapt to all the falang needs ,changing their way of life because the falang is unable to adapt to theirs..wrong thinking
btw back on topic ,we have the cheapest true fiber internet ,640 baht/month (incl.vat) ,on my wife's name,and it is working fine, only we sometimes get our bill , mostly not , but you can pay at every 7/11 , monthly with the bar code on the latest received bill..
as of true tv? to bloody expensive for stupid old programming , on my cheapest internet everything downloadable though ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2018, 1:03 pm

kopkei wrote:
October 11, 2018, 12:33 pm
normally it would be no problem having a true account in falang name ,if this is not possible it will be origin to other interference's ,but i am also always funny of some remarks, Most don't speak English, as if Thais people in America will be helped in their home language ? :lol:
misconception of most falangs moving to Thailand , thinking the Thais should be blessed by their presence and should adapt to all the falang needs ,changing their way of life because the falang is unable to adapt to theirs..wrong thinking
btw back on topic ,we have the cheapest true fiber internet ,640 baht/month (incl.vat) ,on my wife's name,and it is working fine, only we sometimes get our bill , mostly not , but you can pay at every 7/11 , monthly with the bar code on the latest received bill..
as of true tv? to bloody expensive for stupid old programming , on my cheapest internet everything downloadable though ;)
Thanks for sharing your misconception of most farangs misconceptions.

That and finally mentioning you don't even have TRUE.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » October 11, 2018, 4:21 pm

Thanks for the answers...and by the way KopKei, I do speak Thai...it seems to be a misconception on your part if you think no foreigners speak Thai. As far as thinking Thai's are blessed by my presence, my wife and I sold our business in America and have spent over seventy percent of the proceeds helping Thai and Lao with medical problems and education, so yes, certain people have been blessed by our presence!
I don't believe that it is "thinking that they should adapt to foreigner's needs" to want to have the internet account in my name. I previously had a CAT account and later a TOT account in my name. The only reason I went for the True account in the landlady's name was that they made us a package deal and assured me that after one year of service I could have it changed to my name.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 11, 2018, 6:25 pm

what all people have a short fuse these days ? , interpreting everything the wrong way ...human nature?...
i give up ... :(

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » December 24, 2018, 9:20 am

Sorry Kopkei...but you posted what most people would consider an anti-foreigner post on a forum frequented by foreigners, you shouldn't really be surprised by the reactions.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » December 24, 2018, 9:32 am

The end of the story is that True NongKhai would not even allow my Thai Niece to put the account into her name at first, they said we would have to cancel the account, have our internet disconnected and then pay a new connect fee to change the name on the account.
At my urging my niece called True headquarters at Bangkok and explained the situation and they told her to go back to NongKhai True and if they still would not change the name on the account she could call True Bangkok back and then hand the phone to the NongKhai True people.
It took a lot of conversation between the Bangkok call center and the True NongKhai people before they finally agreed to change the name on the account for us. I don't understand at all why this was such a problem, even for a Thai person. If another company comes through the neighborhood with Fiber Optics it's going to be really hard not to switch over to them.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 24, 2018, 12:02 pm

I used True for my phones and the Internet for several years. I found that their service, or more accurately, their lack of service truly stinks. My wife had a post pay plan. My wife had to drive 50 kilometers to a larger store to cancel the post paid. The store where she signed up for the post paid refused to cancel her account. My three True SIM cards went in the trash, credit balances and all. AIS may not be the greatest but at least their service takes care of any problems. Unfortunately D-Tac didn't have decent coverage in my area of the boonies.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » December 24, 2018, 5:13 pm

MusicalBars wrote:
October 11, 2018, 12:47 am
I know both 3BB and AIS fibre allow farang name on the bill I think AIS did call my landlady to check it was ok to install but all bills come to me and to my phone
3BB gave me two options intalling Internet...6 Month pay in Farang name,1 month in my wifes name (Thai).

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”