Algorithms

General Udon Thani topics only!
Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Algorithms

Post by Raoul Duke » October 9, 2018, 7:41 am

I often wondered why prices were different on my tablet V laptop.
Interesting reading here http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-09/w ... u/10350700
Voiceover for hire.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Algorithms

Post by pipoz4444 » October 9, 2018, 11:33 am

Raoul Duke wrote:
October 9, 2018, 7:41 am
I often wondered why prices were different on my tablet V laptop.
Interesting reading here http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-09/w ... u/10350700
Your correct, I saw report on one of the TV shows about a year back on this, I think it was BBC. Much along the same lines, where it said the guy sitting next to you on the plane could be paying 20% less than you for his ticket, so don't ask him or you will get upset. If checking for a flight cost, it pays to use your friends desk top at work, to get an indication of the true cost on the airline web site.

I tend to travel at regular intervals, same route each time from Q to Bangkok and at similar times each year on Q... Airlines, so I obviously have a predictable flying pattern. You could tell that the Airline was tracking me from my flying history/pattern by their emails and suggested personal offers and most likely I was paying more than I should be.

So for several peak periods this late last year and mid this year, I switched over to Oman Airlines and sure enough I received a number emails and other enticements from that Q Airline, which I didn't respond to. Eventually I got a phone call from them.

Suffice to say that after a conversation in their marketing department and asking for something (which these gave to me without argument), I have moved back to the Q Airline (for a while).

But yes they know you flying history/pattern and even your Income Salary and yes they will use this to price your ticket offer

I recently downloaded an App "'Hopper" which a friend suggested. Apparently it searches and updates best prices for you once you indicates your likely flight date.

pipoz4444

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Re: Algorithms

Post by Raoul Duke » October 10, 2018, 7:01 pm

Thanks for the tip re Hopper.I will check it out.
Voiceover for hire.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”