Customs Import Tax

General Udon Thani topics only!
LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Customs Import Tax

Post by LoneTraveler » September 23, 2018, 1:21 pm

Can anyone give me a estimate of the import tax on an electric guitar ( I know they are high) costing about $300 US in China on Alibaba . I went to the Customs website and I cannot make sense of it. I know guitars are available on Lazada but they do not have the brand and type I want. And most I have seen, are double the price of a Chinese import. I have looked in beats spot in Central and guitar shop in Tuk Com still around $600 for what I am looking for. I know I can go through the process of ordering a guitar on Amazon and if they ship to Thailand, they will give me an estimate of the import duty however, I have been burned by them before so I won't buy from them again. Thank you in advance.

freeride
udonmap.com

Re: Customs Import Tax

Post by freeride » September 23, 2018, 2:03 pm

I have a Fender Stratocaster in mint condition. You can have mine for 600 dollar
Regards Kjell

pitsamai

Post by pitsamai » September 23, 2018, 3:04 pm

It s 40%.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 23, 2018, 4:37 pm

http://en.customs.go.th/content.php?ini ... assessment
according to these examples it looks more than 40%.... ;)

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » September 23, 2018, 4:45 pm

I paid two weeks ago for YOUR SAID ITEM from Ali Express. 500BHT in tax at the post office.
Just saying what I paid..
Great service and excellent value. =D>

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » September 23, 2018, 4:48 pm

CT music shop in Bangkok have a variety of models to chose from. Have a look on their web site.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » September 24, 2018, 1:10 pm

Thank you all for your helpful responses. Kjell, the offer for the Fender Strat is tempting however, I have a fender Telecastor and although the Strat would complement my style of play (blues and Jazz) I am looking for a good semi or full body guitar, such as an Epiphone ES 339 or a Gretsch streamliner Gt 2655. However, hard to find in Thailand at a reasonable price. I was in Bangkok 2 weeks ago and I looked at several shops in Central World and CT music shop. Did not get a good vibe from CT. Pay cash and hope they ship to Udon, just my opinion. Therefore I was hoping to buy a Chinese knockoff for 300US plus import tax. Perhaps as stated by GaryZX6R, take my chances with EMS and a 500 baht import tax.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 24, 2018, 4:32 pm

the amount of tax is always dependable on how much luck you have , mostly all send items are marked lower value as they really are , if you have bad luck ,like a friend of mine had , and your send item is picked out for a check ,if under valued you will have to pay a fine and tax on the real value ,different fines according to the handling officer (TIT) they will ask you to send the original order and invoice as proof ....,+ thai customs recently have declared they will buy more xray and check more as many items are undervalued and they are missing out on a lot of tax money , all items send under 1.500 baht are tax-free...
if send by DHL you will almost always have to pay tax , and sometimes they will profit making you pay 30 dollar extra for sending because you are in remote area (they tried this with me) as remote area is anything but bangkok? ...so no sending by DHL for me ...and i have another solution in case to send , have friends in singapore and can send first to them and they will send it to me , coming from an asean member country it is way much lower taxation ...good luck to all .... ;)

eaglesgift

Post by eaglesgift » August 26, 2019, 8:11 am

pitsamai wrote:
September 23, 2018, 3:04 pm
It s 40%.
No it isn’t, it’s 10%.

pitsamai

Post by pitsamai » August 27, 2019, 2:35 pm

You may be Right as they changed regulations depending how it is imported, best check with their Website customs.go.th

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”