U.S. Politics

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses US trade deficit

Post by Giggle » September 12, 2018, 3:39 pm

Udon Map wrote:
September 11, 2018, 10:06 pm
If you agree that the charts are correct, what difference does it make where I got them? You know that they're right; why complain about the source, if not to hint at the possibility that they might not be accurate ...
Aren't you the same guy that routinely dismisses news reports based exclusively on the source -- if it doesn't fit with your worldview? Your hypocrisy is staggering.

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 12, 2018, 11:21 pm

Giggle wrote:
September 12, 2018, 3:39 pm
Udon Map wrote:
If you agree that the charts are correct, what difference does it make where I got them? You know that they're right; why complain about the source, if not to hint at the possibility that they might not be accurate ...
Aren't you the same guy that routinely dismisses news reports based exclusively on the source -- if it doesn't fit with your worldview? Your hypocrisy is staggering.
I don't think so. Can you find an example?

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 13, 2018, 12:25 am

Udon Map wrote:
September 12, 2018, 11:21 pm
Giggle wrote:
September 12, 2018, 3:39 pm
Udon Map wrote:
I don't think so. Can you find an example?
Oh, I remember what you're talking about now! I'd say two things in response:

1. LS doesn't deny the accuracy of the data I presented. As I said to him, if he knows that the data is correct, what's the point in arguing about the source?

2. I never suggested ignoring news or information based on its source. I said that one needs to keep in mind that basically all news sources and media outlets have a point of view, and many have an agenda. When one is evaluating the information from that source, one should keep the point of view or agenda in mind. It obviously slants what is reported and the way it's reported. I, for one, am really tired of the left bias of most mainstream media. I would love to have an objective source for news and information. And the ones on the right are nearly as bad.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » September 13, 2018, 1:09 pm

The middle class worker in the US continues to reap rewards with MAGAnomics.

US Census numbers revealed this week that median household income rose at the end of 2017 to $61,400, which has not been this high since 2007.

Also the number of Americans working FULL TIME and YEAR ROUND has increased by 2.4 million.

There has also been a reduction in the number of Americans in poverty -- a drop to 12.3%. The US measures poverty based on 2 adults and 2 children with a total income of a little more than $24,000 a year.

Even those workers who do not possess sufficient skills or education and training are able to land good jobs due to the HIGH DEMAND for workers and low supply of labor available. Employers are willing to train workers to fill the slots. Since labor is a commodity based on supply & demand, this is not a surprise. It has also contributed to employed workers leaving jobs to take BETTER jobs. The drivers of the economy -- BUSINESS -- is expanding faster than the population can catch up, which is reminiscent of the Reagan Recovery.

STEADY WINNING.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 13, 2018, 1:24 pm

Reducing the bloated number of employees at the federal level has been a slow process, but the Trump administration has made great progress in this regard with the EPA. Trump promised during the campaign to reduce its size, and he has done it. The reduction is on-going.

Trump stated that only a small part of the existing EPA would remain when he is finished. Most states have an EPA department, so the one within the federal government just duplicates what states are already doing. In many cases, the federal EPA has been a hindrance with over-burdening regulations that seem to come out of no where.

Federal records indicate that more than 1500 employees of the EPA have left since Trump took office, and less than 25% of that number has been replaced. Within the next several years, almost 50% of EPA employees will be eligible for retirement, which will signal a further reduction in the size of this department.

The Washington Examiner reports that the EPA has achieved employment levels near those in the 1980s. With a current budget of approximately $8 BILLION dollars, it is safe to say that there will be big savings in this area in the near future.

Both the State Department ad Education Department have undergone a similar purge of employees.

My view is that any federal agency that duplicates that at the state level is unnecessary (Education and EPA), and they need to be liquidated. A smaller federal government is the goal of conservatism.

STEADY WINNING.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 14, 2018, 6:32 am

A panel on the Fox News show “Outnumbered” criticized President Donald Trump Thursday for denying that hurricanes last fall resulted in nearly 3,000 deaths in Puerto Rico.

“Five states have declared a state of emergency ... Ten million people in the path of Florence,” exclaimed co-host Melissa Francis, referring to states bracing for Hurricane Florence’s anticipated Carolina landfall on Friday.

“Instead, they’re fighting back and forth about what happened in Puerto Rico,” Francis continued. “It is incredibly distasteful. I don’t know why the president weighed in on this one.”

Contributor Steve Hilton chimed in to say that Trump’s remarks were “unseemly,” and that “this political argument is really unnecessary.”

“What are we doing?” Hilton asked.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 14, 2018, 11:04 am

Trump allegedly passed out rolls of toilet paper in a warehouse when he visited the island 3 weeks after the hurricane so we KNOW that he did a great job and all is well there despite what the mayor of San Juan and the MSM says.

We also the know the immediate priority of power restoration on the island was somewhat stymied by the spontaneous award of a subsequently cancelled $300 million power grid restoration project to Whitefish, an entity linked with Ryan Zinke, Trump's Interior Secretary.

Look, DJT had his lying on the telephone to Bob Woodward played back in public. This is after he calls Woodward's book 'lies'. Then he has his own, leaking 'deep throat' in his hitherto tighter than a duck's ass administration.

Furthermore, his special counsel Giuliani has bolstered the need for an apparent Joint Defence Agreement with the convicted criminal Manafort and Trump legal teams saying that the convicted criminal Manafort is basically, like Trump famously called former NSA boss and erstwhile FBI plea-bargainer Michael Flynn, 'a good man' ... before firing his ass for apparently lying to the VP and as an afterthought, the FBI.

“From our perspective we want him to do the right thing for himself,” he said. “There’s no fear that Paul Manafort would cooperate against the president because there’s nothing to cooperate about and we long ago evaluated him as an honorable man.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/gi ... formation/

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 15, 2018, 6:00 pm

Former Secretary of State John Kerry delivered a blistering assessment of President Donald Trump’s character on Friday’s broadcast of “Real Time with Bill Maher.”

“He is the first president that I know of who spends more time reading his Twitter ‘likes’ than his briefing books or the constitution of the United States,” Kerry told Maher.

Kerry said he’d “never seen anything quite like” the critical claims made about Trump in the anonymous New York Times op-ed purportedly penned by a senior White House official and in veteran journalist Bob Woodward’s new tell-all book, Fear.

“Unfortunately, we have a president, literally, for whom the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth is three different things, and you don’t even know what they are,” said Kerry. “He’s got the maturity of an eight-year-old boy with the insecurity of a teenage girl. That’s just who he is.”

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 17, 2018, 3:49 pm

Putin isn't much more mature either given the sightseeing to a 123 metre cathedral spire yarn.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 21, 2018, 12:24 pm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 22, 2018, 11:17 am

Giggle wrote:
September 21, 2018, 12:24 pm
Jobless claims at 49-year low.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-jobles ... 1537446974

Dow and S&P at all-time highs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/20/wall-st ... kseat.html

The Undersecretary for the Lone Star speaks...

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by pipoz4444 » September 28, 2018, 7:09 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 25, 2018, 5:53 pm
come again ? was this one of your predictions
On Sunday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he would like to form “a new alliance” with China, Iran and Russia to resist economic pressures imposed by the Donald Trump administration.
Some analysts predicted Beijing, while embroiled in a trade war with the US, may offer some financial assistance to Turkey, such as buying yuan-denominated bonds
Earlier this month, Cavusoglu met Chinese counterpart Wang Yi in Beijing and promised to treat security threats to China as threats to itself, pledging that it would not allow any “anti-China activities” within its territory.
[/quote]

Promising financial assistance is one thing, actually giving it out, is another

So we will just have to wait and see how much they actually give to Turkey \:D/

Just my 2 cents worth
[/quote]

I see Erdogan is out begging for a hand out again. Gone over to see the Germans. Don't think he is going to get any cash bailout from them

He hasn't had much luck over the last month. Think he will find out that he really doesn't have too many friends. :-k

However, the exchange rate has come back somewhat from 6.75 to the USD, to around 6.00

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by tamada » September 30, 2018, 1:52 pm

China's insidious Belt & Road, aka bait and switch, divide and conquer, rape and pillage. It truly has no limits.

...but that's a helluva long road to Istanbul, no?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » October 6, 2018, 9:58 am

Second SCOTUS nomination sailing through. That's the same number of justices seated by each of the previous four presidents. Kavanaugh is a constitutionalist, not a judicial activist.

dudscar46
udonmap.com

Post by dudscar46 » October 6, 2018, 2:45 pm

We all know politicians lie but to blatantly lie like Trump?How can that be acceptable. And to top it all a narcissist as well.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 6, 2018, 3:27 pm

I don't like Trump's personality either but you have to be blind and stupid not to see the vast improvement in the country. I have thought for a long time that the US congress is useless. Now I am at least sure that the senate is for sure useless. None of those corrupt members are able to think for themselves. How do I know this? The senate is almost evenly divided and both sides vote their party lines. This is wrong. The vote should be scattered yes and no between the parties and not voted along strict party lines. Apparently very few of them is willing to vote their conscience or their hearts. Term limits are desperately needed but we will never see that happen. They will NEVER vote themselves out of their lucrative jobs.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 7, 2018, 2:05 am

The US Congress is full of geriatrics. I understand the Democrats are worse than Republicans on that score. The Congress will lag the community on many issues because the median age in Congress is about 20 years older (and increasing). I suppose this reflects many young people don't bother to vote.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 7, 2018, 9:11 pm

Giggle wrote:
October 6, 2018, 9:58 am
Second SCOTUS nomination sailing through. That's the same number of justices seated by each of the previous four presidents. Kavanaugh is a constitutionalist, not a judicial activist.
51-49... hardly sailing but you can't exactly tell your spinnaker from your dinghy can you?

DJT's seated two only because the Recalcitrants.... sorry, the Republicans stalled Obama's attempted 3rd SC nominee. No big thang. Wut goze around... etc., etc..

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 7, 2018, 10:42 pm

dudscar46 wrote:
October 6, 2018, 2:45 pm
We all know politicians lie but to blatantly lie like Trump?How can that be acceptable. And to top it all a narcissist as well.
Can you tell me some of his lies, I don't want heresay, just some proof. As well some people may not like Trump but the U.S. economy is doing much better because of him so I would have to say he has been a good president.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » October 8, 2018, 8:58 am

jai yen yen wrote:
October 7, 2018, 10:42 pm
dudscar46 wrote:
October 6, 2018, 2:45 pm
Can you tell me some of his lies, I don't want heresay, just some proof. As well some people may not like Trump but the U.S. economy is doing much better because of him so I would have to say he has been a good president.
I can go along with your comment jyy. A bit like running a business for the POTUS, albeit a very big business.

Return to “U.S. Politics”