newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by newtovillagelife » August 21, 2018, 6:27 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 21, 2018, 4:55 pm
vlad wrote:
August 21, 2018, 9:29 am
So why did Trump allow Harley /Davidson to save the expense of making them in the US,and transfer them to other country's where the manufacturing is cheaper then the good ol USA. LS tell us your spin on that 1.
In the spirit of sincerity, I have temporarily unblocked your posts in an effort to answer your inquiry. However, I'm really not sure -- specifically -- what your complaint is regarding HD and Trump.

As a Harley owner, I have remained engaged on this topic and read quite a bit about it. If you wouldn't mind reading this article and being a bit more specific in your question, I will happily provide my view based on what I have read over several weeks.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/26/news/c ... index.html
In other words Trump had no reason to bash the company, they are going where their business prospects are. It's called capitalism. Seems most elderly US riders prefer JAP CRAP.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 21, 2018, 7:58 pm

I'm not sure moving was a good idea for Harley. Die hard Harley fans no doubt had a sick feeling in the pit of their stomachs when Harley Davidson announced that they were building a factory in Thailand. It will likely result in reduced sales to the die hards as well as losing some prestige for foreigners of having a big motorcycle made in the USA. Time will tell but I suspect Harley is in trouble or will be soon.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 22, 2018, 2:47 am

Congratulations to POTUS for deporting the last remaining Nazi war crimes suspect. Whilst Barack Obama had 8 years to initiate the much needed deportation, it goes without saying he was ineffective in achieving Donald Trump's outcome to say the least.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2018, 6:00 am

NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW.....even you Mr. President.

Cohen pleads guilty...implicates Trump.

[-X \:D/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 22, 2018, 7:35 am

Big win for Mueller. Manafort and Cohen guilty. Washington looks very sleazy.

Trump seems to be having big problems with lawyers. Given his extensive litigation experience he should be better at using lawyers.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2018, 8:49 am

GT93 wrote:
August 22, 2018, 7:35 am

Trump seems to be having big problems with lawyers. Given his extensive litigation experience he should be better at using lawyers.
But he says he always surrounds himself with the BEST (corrupt) people. :^o
Last edited by newtovillagelife on August 22, 2018, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » August 22, 2018, 9:31 am

Simply LS you bang onabouf emplotment under trump is rising And America is winming in your books yet a America Icon such az Harley Davidson is moving manufacturing to produce them what will the employed staff do when thefe plants are closed

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2018, 10:28 am

GT93 wrote:
August 22, 2018, 7:35 am

Trump only likes Sleazy, Corrupt Lawyers, who are willing to cover his dirty deeds.

If, as Cohen says, Trump not only knew about but directed Cohen's conduct, it means that the President would have been nothing less than a co-conspirator in a federal crime. And this crime, far from concerning long past financial misdeeds, would be a felony that then-candidate Trump committed precisely in order to secure election. It is hard to think of a more prototypical high crime or misdemeanor. [-X \:D/

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2018, 10:49 am

vlad wrote:
August 22, 2018, 9:31 am
Simply LS you bang onabouf emplotment under trump is rising And America is winming in your books yet a America Icon such az Harley Davidson is moving manufacturing to produce them what will the employed staff do when thefe plants are closed
This statement seems to be very different than your complaint in the previous statement. I'm having a hard time understanding your beef other than you want to pin something on Trump.

Harley has had sales problems in the US for sometime. Long before Trump. Their plans to expand overseas were happening before Trump was elected, and there were plant layoffs back then, too.

In free enterprise, there are successes and failures all the time. When a business loses its main demographic and the market moves in a way that hurts their sales, they have to do whatever is necessary if they want to survive. In Harley's case, they want to build bikes overseas to beat the tariffs that existed before Trump and are higher now with Trump. They also see an expanding international market, and they are changing their bikes to be smaller to accommodate that international market. I don't blame them. They have to do what they have to do for their bottom line. If they don't survive, no one has a job anywhere for Harley. They need to go where they can be the most profitable. All of that said, Harley is NOT leaving the US. They're just building more plants internationally and cutting back in US plants.

Trump has criticized the moves in order to support the workers who are losing jobs. Trump also met with Harley not long after he took office -- and neither one of us know what was said in that meeting. Harley may have promised to keep all of their operations in the US, which could be the reason that Trump has made some public statements against the executives. Who knows?

In a previous post in the last day or so, I quoted the Labor Department statistics that showed that for every single job lost due to the tariffs, there were 20 new jobs.

Harley needs to do what's necessary in order to profitably survive. That's part of free enterprise, and I'm sure there are other businesses doing the same. There is always dynamic fluctuation in free markets. No company or job is guaranteed anywhere.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2018, 11:05 am

Lone Star wrote:
August 22, 2018, 10:49 am
vlad wrote:
August 22, 2018, 9:31 am
This statement seems to be very different than your complaint in the previous statement. I'm having a hard time understanding your beef other than you want to pin something on Trump.

Harley has had sales problems in the US for sometime. Long before Trump. Their plans to expand overseas were happening before Trump was elected, and there were plant layoffs back then, too.

In free enterprise, there are successes and failures all the time. When a business loses its main demographic and the market moves in a way that hurts their sales, they have to do whatever is necessary if they want to survive. In Harley's case, they want to build bikes overseas to beat the tariffs that existed before Trump and are higher now with Trump. They also see an expanding international market, and they are changing their bikes to be smaller to accommodate that international market. I don't blame them. They have to do what they have to do for their bottom line. If they don't survive, no one has a job anywhere for Harley. They need to go where they can be the most profitable. All of that said, Harley is NOT leaving the US. They're just building more plants internationally and cutting back in US plants.

Trump has criticized the moves in order to support the workers who are losing jobs. Trump also met with Harley not long after he took office -- and neither one of us know what was said in that meeting. Harley may have promised to keep all of their operations in the US, which could be the reason that Trump has made some public statements against the executives. Who knows?

In a previous post in the last day or so, I quoted the Labor Department statistics that showed that for every single job lost due to the tariffs, there were 20 new jobs.

Harley needs to do what's necessary in order to profitably survive. That's part of free enterprise, and I'm sure there are other businesses doing the same. There is always dynamic fluctuation in free markets. No company or job is guaranteed anywhere.
And if Trump understood this, then he would never have BASHED a US company, and encouraged people not to support them. He was just USING them for his benefit....what a LOSER!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 22, 2018, 11:09 am

Lone Star wrote:
... No company or job is guaranteed anywhere.
Not even in Trumptopia.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2018, 11:15 am

tamada wrote:
August 22, 2018, 11:09 am
Lone Star wrote:
Not even in Trumptopia.
Thank God.

I don't want the government picking winners and losers. The markets and consumers should pick the winners and losers.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2018, 11:18 am

trump.png
trump.png (14.6 KiB) Viewed 524 times

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2018, 11:41 am

Lone Star wrote:
August 22, 2018, 11:15 am
tamada wrote:
August 22, 2018, 11:09 am
Lone Star wrote:
Not even in Trumptopia.
Thank God.

I don't want the government picking winners and losers. The markets and consumers should pick the winners and losers.
Exactly TRUMP should stay out of it, RIGHT!!!

Another LS contradiction....some people have no clue...

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses US trade deficit

Post by pipoz4444 » August 22, 2018, 12:39 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 21, 2018, 4:39 pm
The Associated Press is reporting that Turkey is, all of a sudden, looking to be chummy with the EU. Erdogan is asking them for support against Trump.

The only way the IMF helps Turkey is if they reverse course in dealing with the US and the EU. Turkey would also have to change some economic policies.
However there is no way you would ever trust the Turks and or any superficial changes in their policies they might promise to make. If they did profess to make changes to their political and economic policies, it would only be for the short term and they would quickly revert at the first opportunity.

Having dealt with them for a period of several years, it became obvious that what they say and what they actually plan to do are two different things. They can and will lie to you face without even blinking and think nothing of it.

I doubt the IMF will step into this fray
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2018, 12:44 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 22, 2018, 12:39 pm
Lone Star wrote:
August 21, 2018, 4:39 pm
The Associated Press is reporting that Turkey is, all of a sudden, looking to be chummy with the EU. Erdogan is asking them for support against Trump.

The only way the IMF helps Turkey is if they reverse course in dealing with the US and the EU. Turkey would also have to change some economic policies.
However there is no way you would ever trust the Turks and or any superficial changes in their policies they might promise to make. If they did profess to make changes to their political and economic policies, it would only be for the short term and they would quickly revert at the first opportunity.

Having dealt with them for a period of several years, it became obvious that what they say and what they actually plan to do are two different things. They can and will lie to you face without even blinking and think nothing of it.

Sounds just like dealing with the Trump Administration......untrustworthy.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 22, 2018, 1:02 pm

It's so sad to listen to him at his latest rally, lying to his supporters. He really must think they are dumb, but that is his base. He loves the poorly educated, his election depended on it.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2018, 1:03 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 22, 2018, 12:39 pm

Agree completely.

I don't see the EU or the IMF doing anything to help Erdogan other than maybe a pat on the head. Erdogan appears to be the bad neighbor, and no one has come out to substantiate his claim that Germany and France are with him in this.

If I had to guess, those in the neighborhood are looking at Turkey's problems as an opportunity to get Erdogan out and get some better and friendlier leadership.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 22, 2018, 1:20 pm

trekkertony wrote:
August 22, 2018, 2:47 am
Congratulations to POTUS for deporting the last remaining Nazi war crimes suspect. Whilst Barack Obama had 8 years to initiate the much needed deportation, it goes without saying he was ineffective in achieving Donald Trump's outcome to say the least.
Yes. Saw that in the news.

If it had been Trump who did not deport him after 8 years in office, there would be an investigation of Trump colluding with Nazis.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 22, 2018, 1:24 pm

I gotta say Lone Star, I'm a Trump fan but there ain't no sugar coating the last couple of days, things aren't quite as straight forward as his nearest and dearest advisors are trying make out, he's having it tough and a lot of people aren't buying the vendetta angle this time.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “U.S. Politics”