U.S. Politics

Udon Map
Admin

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Udon Map » August 19, 2018, 2:15 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 19, 2018, 2:07 pm
As I'm sure you know, there are several acceptable equations for counting unemployment. Obama was counting part-time jobs and some other employment numbers.
I'm using BLS numbers, which count the same way regardless of who's in the White House. That way we're comparing apples to apples. https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Lone Star wrote:
August 19, 2018, 2:07 pm
Trump's taking office did change things. Consumer optimism shot up almost immediately. Trump is the one who slashed regulations and pushed for the tax cuts for all -- including those cuts that put US businesses on a good footing worldwide to compete.

It's data, not my imagination or biased view. It's there.
All the things that you say changed, did change when Trump took office. But the steady unemployment decline which started in October, 2009 did not.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 19, 2018, 4:10 pm

Moderator, why have you not renamed this thread What Trump has done for the US economy. And Lone Star can have it for himself, and let others have the chance to grade Trump in other areas. Thank You.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 19, 2018, 4:27 pm

Killing you, isn't it, NTVL?
You want Trump to fail so badly and yet, despite your wishful rhetoric, he's killing it. Making you look dumber and lamer every day.

Keep crying while he Makes America Great Again!

Ha!
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 19, 2018, 4:45 pm

Trump talks up Manafort when the jury is out. :shock:

Politicians shouldn't do this. They also risk contempt of court.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by Lone Star » August 19, 2018, 9:21 pm

Larry Kudlow, one of Trump's lead economic advisors and trade negotiators.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 20, 2018, 2:26 pm

US Steel Improving and Expanding

The Gary Works manufacturing plant in Gary, Indiana will be the site of a $750 million dollar investment by US Steel. The plant is over a century old, and will be getting a huge facelift for what was once the largest steel mill in the entire world.

In a statement from US Steel, they credit Trump's economic policies and programs for making the expansion possible. Almost 4,000 steel workers will be employed at the plant.

President and CEO David Burritt said:
We are pleased to be making this significant investment at Gary Works, which will improve the facility’s environmental performance, bolster our competitiveness and benefit the local community for years to come. We are experiencing a renaissance at US Steel.
Since 2001 and through 2015, over 3 million US jobs were lost due to the trade deficit with China. Almost 2.5 million were lost in manufacturing, which Obama and economists said would never return.

According to the Department of Labor, twenty times as many jobs have been gained due to the tariffs than the number of jobs lost.

WINNING is WINNING.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 20, 2018, 3:47 pm

Tariffs are similar to taxes. Ordinary main street Americans will be paying these taxes.

I'm surprised at the lack of resistance to the tax increase. Perhaps the resistance will be seen in November.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » August 20, 2018, 3:55 pm

Perhaps there will be more main street Americans with jobs to pay the taxes .

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 20, 2018, 5:13 pm

joudon wrote:
August 20, 2018, 3:55 pm
Perhaps there will be more main street Americans with jobs to pay the taxes .
That AND the US is one of the few societies that can sustain itself without a dependence on imports.

BUY AMERICAN & HIRE AMERICAN is making a comeback.

The US has been screwed over on exports for decades. That has become standard operating procedure for companies who try to export their US products.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 20, 2018, 10:00 pm

The pessimists seem to overlook the fact that most US citizens are more than willing to endure a little pain from the tariffs and look forward to the better days ahead. We believe in fair trade or no trade. It took a president with enough guts to take on the countries who have been taking advantage of the far too liberal US trade agreements. It took a businessman to recognize and deal with the huge problem.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2018, 8:39 am

glalt wrote:
August 20, 2018, 10:00 pm
The pessimists seem to overlook the fact that most US citizens are more than willing to endure a little pain from the tariffs and look forward to the better days ahead. We believe in fair trade or no trade. It took a president with enough guts to take on the countries who have been taking advantage of the far too liberal US trade agreements. It took a businessman to recognize and deal with the huge problem.
Agree, glalt.

And the really hilarious part of it all is that the US and Trump are the bad guys for not allowing the others to continue to bend us over and screw us over on trade. 55555

These supposed friends and allies have been screwing us over for decades, and they have the nerve to claim that if the US was a true friend, they wouldn't be putting these tariffs up and demanding free and fair trade.

It's like a bunch of friends going out and drinking for years, and the same guy being stuck with the tab every time to pay for everyone. When he finally says, "Hey we all gotta chip in and pay equally from now on. I can't allow this anymore." They all get mad and don't want to be his friend anymore. 55555

Trump is the right guy at the right time to expose the crap (domestically and internationally) that other presidents were too weak to do; and he's doing it in an excellent way. He's willing to make the tough decisions that others wouldn't make. He's running the largest economy in the world like a business and making that business work for Americans first.

Does he say stupid things sometimes? Yep. Is he gruff and ill-mannered on occasion? Yep. I'll take the trade-off. I like the fact that he's willing to fight back and fight for Americans. Like him or hate him personally (and I'm in between), he's getting the job done. MAGAnomics is working, and I had no doubt that it would work. Coolidge and Reagan gave us the blueprints a long time ago, but other pig-headed presidents ignored those gifts.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » August 21, 2018, 9:29 am

So why did Trump allow Harley /Davidson to save the expense of making them in the US,and transfer them to other country's where the manufacturing is cheaper then the good ol USA. LS tell us your spin on that 1.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2018, 10:11 am

Trump nails it at a ceremony in DC honoring Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol, which honored officers for their work in the line of duty and the families of the fallen.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 21, 2018, 2:50 pm

vlad wrote:
August 21, 2018, 9:29 am
So why did Trump allow Harley /Davidson to save the expense of making them in the US,and transfer them to other country's where the manufacturing is cheaper then the good ol USA. LS tell us your spin on that 1.
LS thinking is just one way, with Trump blinders on. I doubt he knows the difference between a trade surplus and a deficit. He ignores any comments that challenge his point of view.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 21, 2018, 3:02 pm

glalt wrote:
August 20, 2018, 10:00 pm
Greedy Americans like buying the lowest priced items, wherever they come from, hence huge trade deficits with CHINA. Now that they will be taxed on these items (Tariffs) they will buy less. Remember, the short term thinking of the US has gotten them into this predicament , the pain was self inflicted.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » August 21, 2018, 3:31 pm

Exactly in one NTVL im on his foes list like most members on here there's little point in posting because LS will not answer.
All he does is spew out propaganda so we keep biting, that's pointless as well because all the members are on his foes list so he is Blinkered to replies or truth. Im surprised the mod has allowed this thread to drag on.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2018, 4:14 pm

Another huge WIN for the US.

The Associated Press is reporting that the US Dept of Energy has announced a policy shift in oil consumption. Trump has announced that concern over supply and demand is no longer a priority as the US works to become not only energy self-sufficient, but energy dominant.

The US energy sector is poised to become the world leader and surpass Saudi Arabia and Russia in oil and gas production in 2019. The combination of Trump's rolling back of regulations from prior administrations and booming shale production has given the US more flexibility to use oil products with less concern over supply or pricing peaks and valleys.

In January, International Energy chief Fatih Birol, reported that the US will be the "undisputed oil and gas producer in the world over the next several decades."

With the EU set to move toward US natural gas, this move will have negative implications for Russia. LNG accounts for over 30% of Russia's national budget revenues. More than 70% of Russia's natural gas exports went to the EU in 2016. This data provided by the Energy Information Administration.

Trump has unleashed another sector to flourish!

The LIB/PROG War against business, achievement, success and wealth is over.

STILL STEADY WINNING.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses US trade deficit

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2018, 4:39 pm

The Associated Press is reporting that Turkey is, all of a sudden, looking to be chummy with the EU. Erdogan is asking them for support against Trump.

This begging routine comes less than a year after Erdogan referred to the Dutch and Germans as Nazis and also demanded that Turkish citizens receive visa-free entry into the EU. It also wasn't that long ago that Erdogan threatened a wave of migration into Europe if Turkey's society/economy collapsed.

Making nice ... Erdogan has spoken with Merkel and Macron, freed two Greek soldiers and freed an Amnesty International representative.

Turkey's official stance is that Germany and France "are on the same page" in opposing the US. (Sure doesn't seem that way.)

Any EU efforts to fund Turkey isn't adequate to save Turkey, according to a representative of the Berenberg Bank. The only way the IMF helps Turkey is if they reverse course in dealing with the US and the EU. Turkey would also have to change some economic policies.

The US rejected Turkey's last offer regarding the release of Pastor Andrew Brunson. No talking until the pastor is released.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 21, 2018, 4:55 pm

vlad wrote:
In the spirit of sincerity, I have temporarily unblocked your posts in an effort to answer your inquiry. However, I'm really not sure -- specifically -- what your complaint is regarding HD and Trump.

As a Harley owner, I have remained engaged on this topic and read quite a bit about it. If you wouldn't mind reading this article and being a bit more specific in your question, I will happily provide my view based on what I have read over several weeks.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/26/news/c ... index.html

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 21, 2018, 5:17 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 21, 2018, 4:55 pm
vlad wrote:
In the spirit of sincerity, I have temporarily unblocked your posts in an effort to answer your inquiry. However, I'm really not sure -- specifically -- what your complaint is regarding HD and Trump.

As a Harley owner, I have remained engaged on this topic and read quite a bit about it. If you wouldn't mind reading this article and being a bit more specific in your question, I will happily provide my view based on what I have read over several weeks.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/26/news/c ... index.html
oh as a Harley owner expect to see you this November at the meet, it will be good to see you again. last time you had some jap crap bike ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “U.S. Politics”