Islamic State on the March

World news discussion forum
Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 11, 2014, 11:14 am

Meanwhile, back in the Middle East, the Royal Air Force utilises one of its Reaper UAVs to engage IS insurgents.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29992686

I keep thinking I need to move into the UAV environment as this seems to be where technology development is at. You can only do so much with helicopters, can't you. UAVs are the way forward in this day and age.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » November 11, 2014, 4:06 pm

Earnest wrote:Meanwhile, back in the Middle East, the Royal Air Force utilises one of its Reaper UAVs to engage IS insurgents.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29992686

I keep thinking I need to move into the UAV environment as this seems to be where technology development is at. You can only do so much with helicopters, can't you. UAVs are the way forward in this day and age.
Agreed. Various transport authorities are investigating the use of these to monitor and report on traffic congestion.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » November 11, 2014, 4:19 pm

The Kurds’ Struggle Is Our Struggle

http://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/2014 ... -struggle/

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » November 16, 2014, 11:49 am

ISIS commits ‘fatal’ blunders in Kobane battle

Justin Bronk, a research analyst in the military sciences program at the Royal United Services Institute in London, said ISIS’s strategies are now outdated in the face of different conditions posed in Kobane where Syrian-Kurdish fighters have lured the extremist militants to street battles, making them easy targets for U.S. and Arab warplanes.

“Despite having surrounded Kobane and conducting aggressive and apparently well-coordinated infiltration attempts from multiple approaches, the sort of street-to-street ‘meat grinder’ that Kobane has become does not play to ISIS’s strengths,” Bronk said.

“Against an enemy with nowhere to retreat to and air support, a numerically limited force such as ISIS that normally relies as much on psychological effects as firepower to take ground faces a tough challenge,” he added.

“This is just as well since on the ground, it is only the bravery of lightly armed Kurdish fighters standing between ISIS and control of the town. Airstrikes are essential but could not keep ISIS out of the town alone,” Bronk explained.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/mi ... obane.html

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 16, 2014, 8:12 pm

No worries, keep bombing the mad, little blighters.

Word is that an Allied airstrike has wounded Jihadi John. It's a shame they didn't get him before Kassig was murdered.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30073602
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 16, 2014, 8:42 pm

I was looking up on You Tube last night at some of the ISIS related videos.. For the most part their "hardened fighters" appear to be a complete gaggle fxxx mob of ill-equipped, untrained, poorly shooting, jackasses wasting ammo as they fire over the top of whatever they're pointing (not aiming) their weapons at as they constantly bellow Allahu Akhbar!!! In one video in Anbar Province it showed an Iraqi Army convoy of at least 50 vehicles racing down a highway about 300 meters away from the ISIS "fighters". All you could hear was a huge blasting of small arms and heavy machine guns and screaming yet not a one of those vehicles appear to have been hit.. A few other videos showed some better equipped and better disciplined "soldiers" but these seemed at least in posted videos in the distinct minority..
Dave

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 16, 2014, 9:09 pm

I was the same - couldn't hit a barn door at 200 yards - I used to shut my eyes tight every time I squeezed the trigger. Going to the range would give me an anxiety attack.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 17, 2014, 1:23 am

Earnest wrote:I was the same - couldn't hit a barn door at 200 yards - I used to shut my eyes tight every time I squeezed the trigger. Going to the range would give me an anxiety attack.
First, you need to practice with one of those pop guns in which a cork tied to a string is fired when you pull the trigger, or get one in which a sign appears, 'Bang'. Second, go back to the range and blow a few squirrels and chickadees to kingdom come. Third, you are ready. Volunteer to go to the Syria/Iraq theatre and begin training our allies.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Post by tigerryan » November 17, 2014, 9:24 am

If anyone has doubts about the abilities of the US military to kick mudholes in the faces of ISIS alah snackbar goats they just need some proper motivation. I just watched the FOX news special on the man who killed UBL. I dislike the amount of hair gel used by Navy seals and the ball on nose spinners pretty boy personas but I must say that the Navy DEVGRU boys did a absolutely goddam spectacular fricking job! It's a five apple pie eating give me smore MERICA moment and I highly recommend watching it.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 17, 2014, 12:01 pm

You could have included a link for us tiger ....

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Post by tigerryan » November 17, 2014, 12:43 pm

Ard www.foxnews.com then click watch live. Its on now. IF you miss it just monitor 24/7 they will replay it five hundred times its so good.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 17, 2014, 1:06 pm

Looks like I need a log in id. No matter which server I tried they all wanted the same. I've got the DVD "Zero Dark Thirty" which is an ok watch ....

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » November 17, 2014, 1:13 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:I was looking up on You Tube last night at some of the ISIS related videos.. For the most part their "hardened fighters" appear to be a complete gaggle fxxx mob of ill-equipped, untrained, poorly shooting, jackasses wasting ammo as they fire over the top of whatever they're pointing (not aiming) their weapons at as they constantly bellow Allahu Akhbar!!! In one video in Anbar Province it showed an Iraqi Army convoy of at least 50 vehicles racing down a highway about 300 meters away from the ISIS "fighters". All you could hear was a huge blasting of small arms and heavy machine guns and screaming yet not a one of those vehicles appear to have been hit.. A few other videos showed some better equipped and better disciplined "soldiers" but these seemed at least in posted videos in the distinct minority..
I watched this doco on SBS TV in Australia last night. I learned many things that I didn't know about ISIS, Iraq and Syria. Not sure you folk in Thailand can get his but if you can it may be worth a look. From SBS on Demand:
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/35 ... se-Of-Isis
another link from the original I think:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/rise-of-isis/
Watch Me!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 17, 2014, 1:18 pm

marjamlew wrote:
I watched this doco on SBS TV in Australia last night. I learned many things that I didn't know about ISIS, Iraq and Syria. Not sure you folk in Thailand can get his but if you can it may be worth a look. From SBS on Demand:
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/35 ... se-Of-Isis
another link from the original I think:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/rise-of-isis/
The first link is not directly available in Thailand.

The second one is - on my computer at least.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 17, 2014, 2:13 pm

Just finished watching it.

No real revelations as far as I am concerned - and certainly nothing that would change my view that it is not Australia's problem, and we should not be getting involved. [-X

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » November 25, 2014, 1:11 pm

From the London riots to the Islamic State - Jihadi John's alleged involvement in the riots makes perfect sense.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... tate/16220

choi choi
udonmap.com

Re: Islamic State on the March

Post by choi choi » August 20, 2018, 9:32 pm

An old post I know. But This woman Knows her facts !
Opens up the history of Islam ! Stick with it it gets better!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj8J62BqRMo

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » August 21, 2018, 9:22 am

How can it happen that Muslim Extremists are openly allowed to gather in groups on the streets in England demand Sharia, call openly for be headings and burn the union jack while police stand and watch. Yet if anyone gathers, protesting about this they are immediately classed as inciting racial hatred and threatened with being arrested.

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » August 21, 2018, 10:51 am

vlad wrote:
August 21, 2018, 9:22 am
How can it happen that Muslim Extremists are openly allowed to gather in groups on the streets in England demand Sharia, call openly for be headings and burn the union jack while police stand and watch. Yet if anyone gathers, protesting about this they are immediately classed as inciting racial hatred and threatened with being arrested.
It is too late for the UK, it has become a cesspit full of extremist ranters, who have more rights than the normal UK citizen. I believe that in time things will only go downhill even faster, the indigenous population will be in a minority, this is already fact in some English Northern towns.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » August 21, 2018, 12:39 pm

Yes stereo in Bradford it is now nicknamed Bradistan and areas in Oldham are strictly off limits to locals.

Return to “World News”